The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Population Imbalance

Norbi
Norbi
✭✭✭
Sotha Sil in particular. EP is zerging nearly all day and it's unplayable. Happens in every other campaign at most times. You can be experienced and skilled as much as the sky goes but you can't do **** against a zerg stealth spamming lethal arrow or whatever bullcrap scrub mechanic. Fix the pop cap please, it's not fun. Don't let a faction go above 2 bars if the others are still on 1, I've said this before. P-l-e-a-s-e!

Signed,
Annoyed DC small group player
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PVP population dried out after the event and every campaign on PC except Vivec is like this .
  • Anrose
    Anrose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PVP population dried out after the event and every campaign on PC except Vivec is like this .

Yup. PvEers went back to PvE. PvPers are burnt out. Then a patch dropped. Kind of a perfect storm of population imbalance factors.
  • Irylia
    Irylia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. They need to remove the dead campaigns.
    2. Lower vivec pop size
    3. Make shor a 30 day cp campaign with like size pop as now reduced vivec
    4. (Optional) make a 7 day campaign (scores ap gained on a leaderboard under guilds name) that has no keeps no guards and the map size is only an emp ring big. Generate new terrain/open cities/gates/towers/bridges and cap group size at 4-8. Free for all no alliance (much like bg) Then make the population cap adjusted to group size amount 4 per group 30 total groups. 6 cap 25 groups 8 cap 20 groups. (adjust pop on attendance and performance) I can guarantee you that this new type of pvp will draw players and alleviate stress on vivec
    Edited by Irylia on August 21, 2017 8:32PM
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just go to a new campaign. There are plenty to choose from that are somewhat empty.

Sotha is an emp farming campaign.

Its annoying on ep's side too. Im sick of owning the campaign just to watch a big guild switch to their alts and farm for emp.

• Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Norbi wrote: »
    Sotha Sil in particular. EP is zerging nearly all day and it's unplayable. Happens in every other campaign at most times. You can be experienced and skilled as much as the sky goes but you can't do **** against a zerg stealth spamming lethal arrow or whatever bullcrap scrub mechanic. Fix the pop cap please, it's not fun. Don't let a faction go above 2 bars if the others are still on 1, I've said this before. P-l-e-a-s-e!

Signed,

DC has no small groups on Sotha. Just sayin.
  • montjie
    montjie
    ✭✭✭
    Alot of people switching campaigns or just up and leave cyro because of this out-of-hand gotten crap.

So yeah a solution to this problem, and implementing it would be very welcome......Not gonna hold my breath tho
    - easy farmable saltbucket -
    - retired QQ king of Daggerfall Covenant PC-EU Azura's Star/Sotha Sil/weird dragon name/Ravenwatch zone chat -
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Signed,

Why are you bothered by other people who play the game the way it was designed? If you don't want to fight zergs then don't be near them or near locations zergs naturally gravitate to.

I mean it's like getting arrested for public drunkeness because you decided to enjoy a few 40s across the street from your neighborhood police station...
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is not about zergs in general. It is about one side vastly outnumbering the other sides. You can't avoid enemy zergs that take the whole map with superior numbers (+ additional advantages like scroll buffs and emp), and that come to you as soon you dare to touch one of the resources or keeps. Sometimes they might even wait right outside of your spawn. It makes pvp impossible, drives players away and is certainly not how the game mode is intended to be.
    Edited by Rianai on August 23, 2017 4:29PM
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Personally I think scroll buff should be included in emperor buff. Make scroll worth a lot of points to be worth taking. Make NPC in factions 3 main keeps difficult. Increase wall and door strength a lot higher but only in those keeps. Make winning faction worth double ap.

This way it's difficult for faction in 2nd to take 3rd place scrolls. 1st place with emperor has a lot of buffs so they could still take the keep. Also promoting the 2 losing factions to push the winning faction because it would be worth the ap. As of right now whomever is losing gets pushed by both other factions where the winner should be the ones fighting the others.

Something along those lines. Maybe others could add to this.
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Increasing rewards for winning - be it more ap, more buffs or whatever else - would exacerbate the issue even more, because the easiest and safest way to ensure a win is to stack on one side. And the majority of players will always take the easy and safe way.
    Edited by Rianai on August 23, 2017 4:44PM
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rianai wrote: »
    Increasing rewards for winning - be it more ap, more buffs or whatever else - would exacerbate the issue even more, because the easiest and safest way to ensure a win is to stack on one side. And the majority of players will always take the easy and safe way.

Normally yes. However Double Ap makes people do things they wouldn't normally do. 12k per keep against a winning faction even when they are buffed is worth the ride from kingscrest to faregyl. Every resource of a winning faction would be taken. I'd make my group go around grabbing everything. It would be worth it for the individual the group and the faction.
  • Zbigb4life
    Zbigb4life
    ✭✭✭✭
    Irylia wrote: »
    2. Lower vivec pop size
    4. (Optional) make a 7 day campaign (scores ap gained on a leaderboard under guilds name) that has no keeps no guards and the map size is only an emp ring big. Generate new terrain/open cities/gates/towers/bridges and cap group size at 4-8. Free for all no alliance (much like bg) Then make the population cap adjusted to group size amount 4 per group 30 total groups. 6 cap 25 groups 8 cap 20 groups. (adjust pop on attendance and performance) I can guarantee you that this new type of pvp will draw players and alleviate stress on vivec

Why lower the pop size? It's not EP's fault there aren't other alliances. If you do this you will have campaigns where the max pop size is 5 persons for every faction. Lighten up guys it's a MMO after all. If you want small scale try to find it somewhere else: other campaign, BS,...
  • DeHei
    DeHei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Irylia wrote: »
    2. Lower vivec pop size

I think we have this actually problem cause of the event. When its over, not only 1 alliance will be superior in some campaigns. Good smallscale groups will allways join that campaigns, which bring most fun. So i choose that one, where i can have most fights and less alliance player on my side.

But why not quitting this 30 day CP campaign?

Best solution for everything else. All player will go to the other campaigns and not only just few students or other people, who can play 24/7 stay on the emperorship. In the shorter day campaigns we have much more diversity for emperorship and much more fun, because there are not only zergfights. Often we have not more then a lagparty on Vivec. Much player there dont really know, what it mean to a good fight. A lot of them think, that a good fight is the same like bringing down soloplayer with 10 guys :p
    DeHei - EP Magicka Templar Allrounder
    De Hei(Youtube)
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate to say this but if you are on a campaign that never has a population for your faction, perhaps its time to find a campaign that does. Servers that are predominantly just 1 faction will eventually be removed and that's the only way to truly deal with the cancer that overruns it. Sorry you are having these issues but unfortunately there isnt anything anyone can do about it.
  • Dutchessx
    Dutchessx
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately, Anazasi is right there is nothing anyone can do about it. On NAPC Sotha is fairly dead now because DC zerged the map all summer. Who knows maybe the population will come back but ZOS has a tendency shut down servers usually. I wish they would shut down the servers they brought online for the mid year mayhem event.
    Former Guild Leader Darkest Requiem
    Dutchessx - Sorcerer - EP NA
    Dütchess - Templar - DC NA
    Dutchess of Lost Souls - DC NA
    The Dark Dutchess- Sorcerer - DC NA
    Ðutchess - Templar - DC NA
    Always beware the sound of hooves in the night
    Remember Haderus
    Remember Azura's Star
  • Taysa
    Taysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Signed,

Yes, ZoS. Please fix the population imbalances to prevent DC from night capping the entire map, PvDooring emp, and solo running scrolls with no resistance between the hours of 2-8am.

Signed,
    The rest of Sotha Sil, all of whom are also annoyed
    Edited by Taysa on September 14, 2017 10:30PM
    5/24/18: The day ZoS suspended my forum account for trolling a troll.
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Taysa wrote: »

Signed,

Yes, ZoS. Please fix the population imbalances to prevent DC from night capping the entire map, PvDooring emp, and solo running scrolls with no resistance between the hours of 2-8am.

Signed,
    The rest of Sotha Sil, all of whom are also annoyed

Dynamic population locks are the only things that'll fix this. Limiting the DC pop to make it equal to everyone else will make the map more fair and maybe even force some of those oceanics to reroll to get fights.
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It seems like the vast majority of oceanic players have chosen to play DC for whatever reason. Vivec and Sotha suffer from this imbalance. I realize oceanic players are playing during their prime time (with the added bonus of some NA blues on Sotha that opt to play those times because they can't handle fair fights lol), but it seems like we're just being punished for not having an oceanic presence in our own faction. Kudos to groups like TKG for trying to balance things better.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • mook-eb16_ESO
    mook-eb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    yeah I think the pvp is game slowly dying, on eu pc even main vivec camp only has full locked pop for say 5 hours in the evening, after that it falls into population imbalance. when its locked all factions, it's horrible zerging. Zenimax needs to rethink their pvp game on so many levels. its just old and tired now. time for a change. personally I wasn't over impressed by the battle grounds it didn't really do anything for me so to keep my interest they need to make changes to address imbalances and to promote fighting on 3 battle fronts instead of 2 factions v1 etc because all this stuff is making people log off the game.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dynamic population locks are the only things that'll fix this. Limiting the DC pop to make it equal to everyone else will make the map more fair and maybe even force some of those oceanics to reroll to get fights.

There are other ways to do it. At a rewards level, for example. A lot of undesirable activities happen because they are profitable even if they result in poor gameplay.
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cyrodil needs almost a total rethinking.
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »

There are other ways to do it. At a rewards level, for example. A lot of undesirable activities happen because they are profitable even if they result in poor gameplay.

Why would they give up a) their like language speaking guildmates and b) winning?

Sometimes you have to enforce, not just incentivize something. Years of player activity have provded they aren't going to do something until it's forced on them.
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • Zbigb4life
    Zbigb4life
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why should other alliances be punished if yours hasn't got the numbers? I don't understand this. If it's unplayable join another campaign: don't tell me every single campaign is flooded with only one alliance?
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I could see one of the 7 day´s campaign being removed (PC/EU). At the moment one there´re 3. Each campaing is dominated by one faction. Two seven days campaign is ok IMO, since it´s the only places with CP that isn´t pop-locked 99% of the time (and I hate playing no-CP)
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Signed,

As a proud AD member (SS-EU), I share the same ideas and claims of my "fellow DC enemies".
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also something must be done against night/morning cap lower the ap income after taking a keep for x time or dont know, seen good ideas for that in other threads
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old