The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

To improve banked items, again?

Gargath
Gargath
✭✭✭✭✭
Why is this now again? After previous patch the banked items were shown on the list of items ready for improvement (while we are using crafting stations).
Very inconvenient, since when we need to improve 1 item we need to search entire list for this single one.
Is it possible that the patch messed some of my internal settings, so now I see the banked items when they were hidden before?

diy6h1f.jpg
Here the locked items are those banked.
Edited by Gargath on August 21, 2017 4:31PM
PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure what your specific question is, but in the latest update the system allows a player to improve locked items. They changed this because people complained that if you wanted to improve a locked item, you had to take it off or retrieve it, then unlock it before improving...then relock it and return it.

Therefore, you will now be able to see locked items that can be improved that are in your bank. It's not a bug as far as I can tell...this is how it is intended to work now.
  • Tarukmockto
    Tarukmockto
    ✭✭✭
    So now locked is only sort of locked? I liked it better when locked was locked.
    NA - DC - DK - PC
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    davey1107 wrote: »
    Therefore, you will now be able to see locked items that can be improved that are in your bank. It's not a bug as far as I can tell...this is how it is intended to work now.

I think the way it works now is not exactly best since we see now plenty of items banked on the list and it's a problem when we need to improve only one item. Should be some filters to simplify the process, like to show/hide banked and/or locked items. If I have 150 or 200 banked armor parts which all are already purple, thus I don't need to improve any of them, but I have one blue item in my inventory, I see the full list of mixed items from inventory and bank, and I have to to scroll up/down entire list and waste my time on searching items.
    Is it really the functionality needed so much by the community?
    I think I should be able to choose either to scroll the inventory only or banked only or both, for the most convenient way.

Edited by Gargath on August 22, 2017 8:42AM
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thx a lot pal, addon installed, should solve my problem :).
  • randomkeyhits
    randomkeyhits
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ugggghhhhh

This means when it hits consoleland we are going to have to scroll through long lists regardless.

A toggle to show/hide bank items would definitely be appreciated.
    EU PS4
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    hmmmmm must have missed people asking for this.

Don't care for it myself.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So now locked is only sort of locked? I liked it better when locked was locked.

You can only upgrade locked items with a 100% chance. So it's still kinda locked.
  • PC0523
    PC0523
    ✭✭✭
    ugggghhhhh

What about separate tabs for bank/inventory on the improvement page that allows you to use the shoulder buttons to switch between? Similar to how we switch between deposit/withdraw at the bank.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ugggghhhhh

This means when it hits consoleland we are going to have to scroll through long lists regardless.

Yeah...not looking forward to this. I was pleased at first when I read about this, 'cuz it means that you can improve the gear you're wearing, but I didn't think about the fact that it was gonna show all my gear that's stored in my bank that are all locked.