The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PVE Magblade post IA nerf

Subversus
Subversus
✭✭✭✭✭
So I've been using julianos IA and 1 iceheart this patch with incredible results. Now that IA gets a nerf I reckon it being replaced with other sets since the 5 piece is now worse than MS and the heavy attack thing doesn't benefit me as I literally never heavy attack unless AOE is needed.

Any suggestions as to what would be a good replacement (I don't really have time or gold to test everything)? I'll probably swap IA Mother's Sorrow since I already had one ready for this patch, MS + juli should give some nice crit. Maybe scathing mage and go with the thief mundus and 1 iceheart?
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What the hell are you saying?
    Too early in the morning & too many acronyms. Spell it out if you want a response.
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Infalable aether was not nerfed

it was temporarily glitched
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @kaithuzar Are you high? Spell what out? I literally spelled out a whole post. What on earth offended you so hard? Lol
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Infallible Aether has been nerfed half a dozen times during the last couple of years.

I guess it actually being worth using can be called a "glitch" these days.
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ever watch Californication? I'm not a fan of this new acronym world we live in. Yes I use them on occasion & it's not that I was offended by you, I just couldn't remember what "IA" stood for. & after constantly getting text messages
    "wyd
    Idk
    Idc
    ofc
    Lfm
    Wtb/wts
    Nrn
    Ttyl
    Nfc
    "

I'm just getting tired of needing a *** decoder ring to carry on a conversation with people these days
    Edited by kaithuzar on August 22, 2017 9:48PM
    Member of:

Former member of:
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    IA is still good. Minor slayer, 1x spell damage, 2 x spell crit and bonus to HA/LA.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last I heard, is that MS+juli is not bad, as you said. Scathing with Thief is meh. It's basically the Morrowind build, and my % of group DPS seems to be terrible these days with that setup (don't have time to figure out how to compare sets, so just wait for guide writers to write stuff, therefore running the old build, which was working pretty great before the update).
    kaithuzar wrote: »
    Too early in the morning & too many acronyms. Spell it out if you want a response.

Frankly, if you don't know those acronyms, he doesn't want your response anyway.

• kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Artis wrote: »
    Last I heard, is that MS+juli is not bad, as you said. Scathing with Thief is meh. It's basically the Morrowind build, and my % of group DPS seems to be terrible these days with that setup (don't have time to figure out how to compare sets, so just wait for guide writers to write stuff, therefore running the old build, which was working pretty great before the update).

Frankly, if you don't know those acronyms, he doesn't want your response anyway.

Now that I absolutely take offense to.
    Not only have I been around since 2013 as a beta tester, just as you have, as you can see the guilds I have previously been in (listed below in the signature area) were the top dps, top trials guilds of their time; who's scores have been debatabley unfairly erased from leader boards by ZOS in an attempt to keep the scores on a level playing field patch to patch.
    I may not be the best player this game has ever seen but I do believe I've proven myself on many accounts in both PVE and PVP, and I've definitely played with some of the best.
    Even today there's only two guilds that are even worthy of trash talking with me, or claiming they're better (as I've somewhat moved on from a hardcore competitive player to a more casual player) and I don't recall you being in either of those guilds; but feel free to correct me if I just don't remember you.
    In PVE "Last Prodigies", even though I wasn't in guild I still ran with them on occasion.
    In PVP DiE/old school Havok members, even though they had a falling out, Regardless if any of them actually know me, I competed against many of them in Cyrodiil and everyone of them is a highly skilled player whom I respect despite any trash talk.

In closing, you'll have to forgive me for wanting to check the forums before I've had my coffee. But, as I've explained above, talking in acronyms has become somewhat of a pet peeve for me.

-Kai
    Edited by kaithuzar on August 23, 2017 6:05AM
    Member of:

Former member of:
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Subversus wrote: »
    So I've been using julianos IA and 1 iceheart this patch with incredible results. Now that IA gets a nerf I reckon it being replaced with other sets since the 5 piece is now worse than MS and the heavy attack thing doesn't benefit me as I literally never heavy attack unless AOE is needed.

Any suggestions as to what would be a good replacement (I don't really have time or gold to test everything)? I'll probably swap IA Mother's Sorrow since I already had one ready for this patch, MS + juli should give some nice crit. Maybe scathing mage and go with the thief mundus and 1 iceheart?

the same as kaithuzar :smiley: ,

I have no idea what you mean by "IA" or "MS"
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He meant:
    IA = Infallible Aether
    MS = Mother Sorrow

I picked up on the MS part but I hadn't heard of anyone using Infallible Aether in so long that I forgot about it & thus couldn't pick up on the acronym before my morning coffee.
    Member of:

Former member of:
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »

the same as kaithuzar :smiley: ,

I have no idea what you mean by "IA" or "MS"

IA - Infallible Aether
    MS - Mother's Sorrow
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Alcast made a PVE magNB dps build on last PTS with 5 Julianos, 5 Mother`s Sorrow, 1 Icehearth, but then on Life server he swapped Mother`s Sorrow for 5 Infallible Mage, because of nert to Shadow stone
    https://alcasthq.com/eso-magicka-nightblade-build-pve/
    Edited by altemriel on August 23, 2017 7:09AM
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Artis good to know, thanks!
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh yeah, np. Well, just ran some more content today. I still pull something comparable to others in scathing, but that could be that they are pulling less than they could haha. Ugh I guess I should really start testing myself, which would be just trying different combinations blind, since I don't have the tools to make any predictions and estimate how sets will perform relative to each other before even trying them - really gotta study how people do that (effective spell power or something?)
    Artis wrote: »

Now that I absolutely take offense to.
    Not only have I been around since 2013 as a beta tester, just as you have, as you can see the guilds I have previously been in (listed below in the signature area) were the top dps, top trials guilds of their time; who's scores have been debatabley unfairly erased from leader boards by ZOS in an attempt to keep the scores on a level playing field patch to patch.
    I may not be the best player this game has ever seen but I do believe I've proven myself on many accounts in both PVE and PVP, and I've definitely played with some of the best.
    Even today there's only two guilds that are even worthy of trash talking with me, or claiming they're better (as I've somewhat moved on from a hardcore competitive player to a more casual player) and I don't recall you being in either of those guilds; but feel free to correct me if I just don't remember you.
    In PVE "Last Prodigies", even though I wasn't in guild I still ran with them on occasion.
    In PVP DiE/old school Havok members, even though they had a falling out, Regardless if any of them actually know me, I competed against many of them in Cyrodiil and everyone of them is a highly skilled player whom I respect despite any trash talk.

In closing, you'll have to forgive me for wanting to check the forums before I've had my coffee. But, as I've explained above, talking in acronyms has become somewhat of a pet peeve for me.

-Kai

All this is irrelevant. If your response was any important - it would only be because you are playing as a NB, thinking about gear and builds and how it all works. There's no way an experienced mNB won't know those abbreviations when they are brought up in the context of mNB sets. And I'm saying literally - wake me up at 3 am (which is almost what it is right now lol) and I will know. Coffee has nothing to do with it. You just know what IA is if you're playing magicka. You just know that that's what you use if you get that weapon and not moondancer, and it's been like that for more than a year...

And I'm not sure what the list of guilds who you haven't raided with and whose members don't know you but you respect them is supposed to tell me. EVEN if there was something there, past is past. Right now you're coming to a thread you aren't qualified in. IF you were - you'd know the acronyms. If you were - you'd already reply. Especially now that you demonstrated that you know the acronyms already. Instead, you're replying to me and talking about your feelings and how you get offended.

I mean, the evidence is pretty clear - you now know the acronyms. Remembered them, or googled them - doesn't matter, - but still haven't offered any response to OP's question. So what are you arguing with? The ONLY way you can prove me wrong is to give some valuable response, preferably with a combat-metrics screenshot. And I don't care if I'm right or wrong too, btw. I just called out what I saw. That's how it looked like, so I said it. If it's not like that - just reply to OP.

In closing, please, nothing to be offended about. If you were looking for a quality response about some field of math, for example, and a person demands you don't use specific terms because he didn't drink coffee - you will probably know he's not who you want to talk to about it anyway. Maybe he used to be ok in the past, maybe he's ok in an adjacent field, but not in the particular one that you're looking to discuss. Or he says those terms haven't been used in a while so he forgot them, when in reality IA was always second best to moondancers and was always mentioned as something to go with if you get lucky with those weapons before you get good moondancer weapons.

Just give your response now that you know "what the hell he is saying" and all acronyms are clear. The fact that you still didn't is what made me say what I said in the first place - instead of that comment you could have looked up the terms (or ask nicely) and post your response (instead of posting that comment at all).
    Edited by Artis on August 23, 2017 7:46AM
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My argument for not posting specificlly in response to the OP was because I felt Alcast made it common knowledge already; which Altemriel's recently posted on. Did the OP demand/request a mathematical breakdown? Because I interpreted the question as an opinionated topic for discussion; given that he/she stated they had not even ran the numbers themselves.
    It's true I've spent the better part of the last year-year & a half on black desert rather than eso, so it's highly likely that any information I have is probably outdated however, my comment would be that it's still ZOS running the show & my past experience is that there is a certain balancing act between stats which make for a good build.
    For instance, it's been fairly common amongst patches in the past that good trial dps wants to have between 55-60% crit with the shadow mundus. Maybe this has changed now for "best in slot", but I'm willing to bet it would still hold up as good numbers.

Taking a shot in the dark of my past + the way ESO is now: I would say 5 scathing with force pulse & shadow mundus

I know magblades like to use funnel, but I always liked force pulse. Not only would you have 3 chances in one attack at proc'ing scathing but it's a damage increase with altmer passives.
    Not certain what I would pair with it though, maybe ilambris, grothdar or skoria
    Maybe 5 necro?

Enjoy,
    -Kai
    Edited by kaithuzar on August 23, 2017 9:48AM
    Member of:

Former member of:
  • Balsagna
    Balsagna
    ✭✭✭✭
    The problem with force pulse is resource management. In terms of raw dps you are going to get better results with force pulse, but you're going to have more trouble with resources. Also, funnel health provides a heal to yourself and other members of your group (depending on morph) and can help alleviate some pressure on your healer just by doing dps. I rarely use force pulse, and honestly I use the crushing shock morph more often for interrupt in vet content and only when needed.

In terms of scathing mage, without twisting path being considered DD the upkeep will not be high enough to justify using the set over other sets. I am going to be playing around with Spinners and Julianos in 4 man and solo content when it goes live on xbox. if you arent at penetration cap, and you won't be in alot of content (not including trials), then I am not sure what will account for more raw dps increase than spinners (~7%). I am by no means one of these people who tests specs all the time. I am going to play around with a few sets including: mothers sorrow, spinners, julianos, infallible aether, martial knowledge, scathing mage.
    Edited by Balsagna on August 23, 2017 3:29PM
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Balsagna wrote: »
    The problem with force pulse is resource management. In terms of raw dps you are going to get better results with force pulse, but you're going to have more trouble with resources. Also, funnel health provides a heal to yourself and other members of your group (depending on morph) and can help alleviate some pressure on your healer just by doing dps. I rarely use force pulse, and honestly I use the crushing shock morph more often for interrupt in vet content and only when needed.

In terms of scathing mage, without twisting path being considered DD the upkeep will not be high enough to justify using the set over other sets. I am going to be playing around with Spinners and Julianos in 4 man and solo content when it goes live on xbox. if you arent at penetration cap, and you won't be in alot of content (not including trials), then I am not sure what will account for more raw dps increase than spinners (~7%). I am by no means one of these people who tests specs all the time. I am going to play around with a few sets including: mothers sorrow, spinners, julianos, infallible aether, martial knowledge, scathing mage.

This pretty much. I swapped to swallow soul after morrowind, simply because energy management is an issue now. With my current setup I can actually manage a full light attack rotation with absolutely no heavy weaves unless aoe is needed. Put pulse in there and I'm certain I would have sustain issues therefore lose dps.

I guess I'll try julianos + mother's and 1 crit bonus since I already have that setup.
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The question is - will that resource management mean that more Strifes casted + less heavy attacks will have higher DPS than force pulses + more heavy attacks. And that needs to be tested, not discussed.

Also, let's not forget that Force Pulse is 3 hits meaning it will proc everything that procs on hit 3 times more often. Well, as I said - whoever has time has to test it :)
    My argument for not posting specificlly in response to the OP was because I felt Alcast made it common knowledge already; which Altemriel's recently posted on. Did the OP demand/request a mathematical breakdown? Because I interpreted the question as an opinionated topic for discussion; given that he/she stated they had not even ran the numbers themselves.
    It's true I've spent the better part of the last year-year & a half on black desert rather than eso, so it's highly likely that any information I have is probably outdated however, my comment would be that it's still ZOS running the show & my past experience is that there is a certain balancing act between stats which make for a good build.
    For instance, it's been fairly common amongst patches in the past that good trial dps wants to have between 55-60% crit with the shadow mundus. Maybe this has changed now for "best in slot", but I'm willing to bet it would still hold up as good numbers.

Taking a shot in the dark of my past + the way ESO is now: I would say 5 scathing with force pulse & shadow mundus

I know magblades like to use funnel, but I always liked force pulse. Not only would you have 3 chances in one attack at proc'ing scathing but it's a damage increase with altmer passives.
    Not certain what I would pair with it though, maybe ilambris, grothdar or skoria
    Maybe 5 necro?

Enjoy,
    -Kai

Well see, and that's the thing. What balance of stats? No, you just maximize the effective spell power that already takes into account crit and crit damage and go with whatever setup is the best. And "good numbers" aren't good enough. You can pull "good" numbers with any magicka set that makes sense for your build. The question is - what is the best now? What could get us closer to others in terms of DPS and beat them, because we compete with them for raid spots. And Alcast's build - with all respect - is way too suspicious. 0 CP in master at arms when your execute and weapon attacks are all direct damage? And assassin's will proc - that is #3 in his damage sources EVEN with how his CP is distributed.

Not to mention that his parse with that build is pretty low and that's with the lightning blockade...And before the nerf we got right before the update.

But see, Altemriel is pretty open about having cp460, so what do you expect from him? Then again, he doesn't come to a thread "WTH"ing people and claiming he could give a valuable response. (And then only offering alcast's link that is meh or saying what "he liked". And offering it to pair up with basically any magicka proc set, you just listed all of the ones that were being used in the previous 2 updates or so. But OP is not asking what anyone likes, he wants to know what pulls high numbers, I believe. Then again - I could be wrong, in which case - my apologies).

And if your reason for not posting a response was that Alcast made it common knowledge then why would you just post the link or, you know, not post anything instead of that "What the hell are you saying?" What was the contribution of that comment? Or was it just to humiliate the OP for some reason? I just don't understand the logic.
    Edited by Artis on August 23, 2017 7:01PM
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Artis christ dude, I wonder if every time you wake up & look at the forums if you feel like rainbows & puppies? But for some reason I feel like you're dead set your on not letting this go. Sure I could've asked my question in a better manner but I felt like keeping it to the point that while I was interested in a discussion, I wanted clarification due to not remembering; my bad if this got under your skin.
    I get what you're hinting at about trusting other people's test results that they publish, but to be honest there are too many math wizards that are way better than me so I just read/watch as many as I can find & then make assumptions according to my addons & playstyle; sorry if that's the opposite of what people were wanting out of the discussion.
    Member of:

Former member of:
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So helpful. If you are someone that is able to contribute an answer, you know what all those acronyms mean.

Semantics. The tooltip was higher, and then it was lower. It was working consistently with the tool tip. Considering that various devs gave different information about whether it was intended, I think what you call it is irrelevant. It was more powerful last week than this week. Sounds like a nerf. Haha

OP, have you considered dropping the 5th piece of IA and going back to a monster set? Maw is borderline broken OP at the moment. It doesnt work well in every fight, but when it does, it probably gives more DPS than any other 5 piece you might run.
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Oreyn_Bearclaw I haven't, actually. I'll give that a shot, seems like that's what literally everyone is using at the moment...
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Oreyn_Bearclaw I haven't, actually. I'll give that a shot, seems like that's what literally everyone is using at the moment...

Maw is doing 3-4k DPS on some fights. The problem is that it seems to get snared in certain fights and just stand there. You likely need to be selective about when you use it.
  • C4Bliss
    C4Bliss
    ✭✭✭

Maw is doing 3-4k DPS on some fights. The problem is that it seems to get snared in certain fights and just stand there. You likely need to be selective about when you use it.

Yeah drop the 5th piece and use maw where you can! When I can't use maw I use nerieneth or skoria
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

C4Bliss wrote: »

Yeah drop the 5th piece and use maw where you can! When I can't use maw I use nerieneth or skoria

Well I was using skoria juli 4 IA prior to this patch, guess I'll go back to my roots then eh ^^

EDIT: just to make it clear, infused + shock staff is BiS on front bar now right? Or is nirn better for a front bar staff as well? Also I assume it's still a fire front lightning back sort of deal.
    Edited by Subversus on August 25, 2017 6:51AM
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So helpful. If you are someone that is able to contribute an answer, you know what all those acronyms mean.

Semantics. The tooltip was higher, and then it was lower. It was working consistently with the tool tip. Considering that various devs gave different information about whether it was intended, I think what you call it is irrelevant. It was more powerful last week than this week. Sounds like a nerf. Haha

OP, have you considered dropping the 5th piece of IA and going back to a monster set? Maw is borderline broken OP at the moment. It doesnt work well in every fight, but when it does, it probably gives more DPS than any other 5 piece you might run.

a glitch by any other name is still a bloody glitch

The critical rating buff on the 5th piece of IA was awarding the exact same value as the 5th piece of MS instead of its intended value

I saw no comment from any dev that suggested it was intended at any point

it was fun for you lot on pc who had 5 pieces already while it lasted but it was fixed.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well I was using skoria juli 4 IA prior to this patch, guess I'll go back to my roots then eh ^^

EDIT: just to make it clear, infused + shock staff is BiS on front bar now right? Or is nirn better for a front bar staff as well? Also I assume it's still a fire front lightning back sort of deal.

I believe that is correct. It is certainly true on Sorcs. I think you are pretty safe with infused front and Nirn back. That said, on a dummy, you might find you do better with sharpened. It really depends on your penetration. In a proper raid, infused is where it's at.

a glitch by any other name is still a bloody glitch

The critical rating buff on the 5th piece of IA was awarding the exact same value as the 5th piece of MS instead of its intended value

I saw no comment from any dev that suggested it was intended at any point

it was fun for you lot on pc who had 5 pieces already while it lasted but it was fixed.

Again, semantics. Haha. It was certainly corrected pretty fast. The devs have other ways of communicating with the raid community than the forums. There was certainly some confusion on their side the first few days after the patch. It seemed clear after about 48 hours that it was going away. Call it what you want. Other than the 4 piece, the set is back to irrelevant status. Shame to be honest. The best 5 piece DPS sets should come from raids, but that has really never been the case.
  • C4Bliss
    C4Bliss
    ✭✭✭

Infused shock enchant front bar and double inferno for magblade and magdk
    Edited by C4Bliss on August 26, 2017 1:02AM
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My PVE vampire magblade uses (all light armor divines)
    5 pcs. War Maiden (belt, trousers, jewellery-all incr. spell damage),
    4 pcs. Julianos (armors + lightning staff infused+ resto staff defending)
    2 pcs. Ilambris monster.

For groups:
    Opening with Elemental Blockade instantly procs Ilambris every few seconds.
    For me having monster set is better than inactive 5-th passive Julianos because of the high damage from combined Ilambris + Ele.Blockade (almost 2k/tick) with Refreshing Path (1,5k/tick dmg and 1,3k heal) and heavy attack.
    On resto bar, Siphoning Attacks+Rapid Regeneration helps me survive while soloing overland bosses.

For single mob:
    Opening with Crippling Grasp base 3k/16,5k damage/stun
    2-3x Swallow Soul base 8k, crit 14k. Dead in few secs.
    I love this build.
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gargath wrote: »
    My PVE vampire magblade uses (all light armor divines)
    5 pcs. War Maiden (belt, trousers, jewellery-all incr. spell damage),
    4 pcs. Julianos (armors + lightning staff infused+ resto staff defending)
    2 pcs. Ilambris monster.

For groups:
    Opening with Elemental Blockade instantly procs Ilambris every few seconds.
    For me having monster set is better than inactive 5-th passive Julianos because of the high damage from combined Ilambris + Ele.Blockade (almost 2k/tick) with Refreshing Path (1,5k/tick dmg and 1,3k heal) and heavy attack.
    On resto bar, Siphoning Attacks+Rapid Regeneration helps me survive while soloing overland bosses.

For single mob:
    Opening with Crippling Grasp base 3k/16,5k damage/stun
    2-3x Swallow Soul base 8k, crit 14k. Dead in few secs.
    I love this build.

Sounds good, though war maiden doesn't really help with wall of elements and light attacks, which are a big part of the rotation. Not the shock enchant either for that matter :/
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Infused shock enchant front bar and double inferno for magblade and magdk

Double inferno? I am getting far better results with inferno front shock back :open_mouth: