The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

Just needs to be a way to add more item space to your Manor

POps75p
POps75p
✭✭✭✭
I purchased the cave in craiglorn full furnished and it looked very nice, but after adding all of the Vet and Non Vet Busts and Placks, Every Attuned DLC work station, plus a few more like Ava and Forge, plus all 13 mundus stones, and a two story fighting arena the place no longer looks like a nice house but more like a large airplane hander. It would be nice to at least have the ability to buy additional blocks of items space so that I can add back all of the plants and furnishings etc. Right now everytime they add an new dlc and or dungon, I need to remove an item to place and item. anth that now right, esp when you have already dropped down 6m to just purchase them
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any thoughts that maybe you have done some unintended things with housing that takes up too much space?
    Maybe just over cluttered?
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Creativity is rewarded with less items to place. The ESO limit is too small per square foot/meter unless its for a smaller house - the mansions always look empty. Making stairs and a loft are enough to eat up 1/4 of your slots.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any thoughts that maybe you have done some unintended things with housing that takes up too much space?

People who have played other games in housing say they really like the way you can put furniture where ever you want and use it in all kinds of creative ways. The freedom to place items as we want lends to being very creative. The problem is often that creativity is being punished.

That aside I have one home that needs several small items to give it that lived in look but I am out of space. I'm not being creative like some and designing lofts and extra rooms. Just placing stuff to make the house look like a home. For example it takes nine slots just for a simple writing desk that looks used. Desk, chair, feather, ink well, paper, book, vase, flower and mug. I've got bread, veggies two sweet rolls some cups and a bowl of fruit on my kitchen table but don't have the slots for plates. My book shelves are mostly empty. It took a lot of lights to make the place not be really dark and that doesn't count what I did outside to make the yard look decent. I do have another home that is pretty much done and I have a lot of slots left for it. I'm sure I'll have it finished before I run out of slots. Others though could easily run out of room.

I'm hoping they some day give us more slots. Until they do some of my houses just won't be finished.

Here is the inside of the first house I was talking about:

NfsMmEFlf_M32Syrfsadr6nGoQoXTKbjoNhOIfslt_Ig_TIX7mJP51Uesaa0yoj_CKfGMr7dvA7kpjBXap15Gm1GILuVUNHc4v0X5W27d0UaJSaSgFuH1cRiSJ3iH_I9OmvTlA41z_D8u_Siq_wMCeAdbx8j4eMShAbPKvbaITeCkGT2SNVaTZxmF7MmaeI7_E_TB4twGFx4FZlWn9P5wsuSoqOnb0bbit2Uwp1nrSX4tm7alMdCmTMlxSjY9eyOW0A4sWebiTPZ0ffrhM90OViiZYdBHK762EfLMUZFmlHst2Qrgv16BCd4pehXiVcB_NQ0PZbYe5n63KUeUdbw_YJ-x_BUjg1R4LT-z8suWeb2BtD1ItasJqmOSYEviT0cbF78H8kmXIq6AKTGmAWtqnqFD88e_-uugcLi7wY9u6LDycPO5ztjNm8A-7oxP02sfJgbdjyZHAVb9mJBS0B_-VDo0rculWmYsPwpmyrW2dc4u_pEdjkYPzMWl1k-ROrQU4TV1QwnWmHh61pR5V2V3wFZVqkAN2bU9ABNlppTR5g652OrZrMKNUvM6Cvq6iLup2nh5MyecefXjxKokrirkhr_PSyq0Ha9m1W-2mtDyt7qP5aLiM7A=w1200-h675-no

5Dj3u5FTsXvwQce-cM2MXHqCqf-XxF3_c66t8PY-23RQk0wOEQssyAngDiiDRom8aRQD1A5oAOoTg51eEfHsj85Uy-Nhi9rCMw7xeXSyNsfTt_Qykf_fCQgcwx7p7nZ2ELphMkYSwimih6JzsOnl_xWAcxysDUUX0nLXt_MFpUwprtg8zzrVEYbiqD_f_Y6Fqd_ptjfuSp5m5WU_sCfcSxjLDe74uVDSeGSMV3QiIcGxBkeUzfAfjhRwzzZMXyJEkMh9SLBr3NkSkX8DGm3N233XAaWHjeBQMwKyV3-S3mRoMWd4qOYmSNoYxbJiU6YSXKVoDfWeNhrxuAe0SfXtq7H8Trh_C6ARC_-Eht-lFgzjrF459hdrEhUFUm72eTyySGapTZ0LeZeHNBLVwqgt3SlCW4D1lCEsW6lEfQxUf2WW3vOQB4o47CwfKCZ2wSaSB6aGoDIz_LDY4kH1vJ0AW9mG6CAO37npHLu8fsE-Upq1Nth6DLHTVwhXZ6V0zPxOWvC9dcewbyivNp88ThvGOQM5VtPvemKSiSJFCbas1IXcyeL4FBgWY5tkETQEzuV9nmCSZZ92fRGDJtdE0oHExptf31g2KOdpTrfV1PSprBAUyR6Hre6j=w1200-h675-no

lVdAypweta-FQ3OXbxWyX3w0HoGpmeAwDTrQ471PBYHtt-ivfYNWjZkz-hHbxayAJqripUNL9TNTAW6af5qBfGdoW4tCiSOT3L7a6mnAWI8cSzkEDzfNRb3r0Zj3huQQ9xfjGLulcFhLGlNOMOcWJYxM9ojmwNOIlsatFG82YghSNJAiV7B_dNR53BvEqYhkbiQVC_OYONiajHjGJCgx1PlwYVleh3pGRCDQoO9Wa6hJ-tO03c2F7Db6rb3V1T4UwZrBoLPE_TzgajELL6LNUm_rMP4izdnHDj0_4XIxYdKnJAM85IJ31wn9D9KuwqNfMqapn7hNNBzTJTxK4OQ7exf8ka9fGZD_MYrOq5Q-fuqVnl8WRymf3i83OTfPonGzgjeE_ByJXdfxYKlQv51OyjxbR2612sqdv9LFBkPdzIsOf3blRez3Zx-hjAHRm19zRh2X4xZb8L5EJuMNS-fdO51L3h26XrPNHCOCcItcUuLiv1NpSqoSQiqKMsZ_F9JlAhVisRXSjdAFZYDbcXA9Dn3t2Z-NRAUoOiQKhb_nS3nYINNP6fnA-R7wlLEMOhHwZzSIVxQyTEjNA1hNFuJUaY5UyQZxhOwQJL_x61lxAWDtXpnZlCWy=w1200-h675-no

I don't think that looks to cluttered at all.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The images aren't working
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From all his posts to date, notimetocare doesn't agree with 'clutter'. and doesn't understand the lived-in concept that most of us want so much for our homes. There is more than one way of looking at housing and the management of available item slots. One person's view is not necessarily any more right than another's.

I do agree that players who use most of their item slots to build complex creative structures such as arenas within their property are going to run out of space very quickly, and not have the ability to furnish the rest properly. But that of course is their choice and the way they would like to do things, and raising the item limit would help them greatly.

However, the majority of us just want to furnish our homes nicely and make them look lived-in, in whatever theme we choose. And maybe add the occasional extra floor etc in houses that are crying out for one. (This should be possible to do quite simply with minimal use of item slots, if ZO$ gave us building components with which to do it.) That, in our view, is not unnecessary clutter, but a vital part to the way we want our homes to look and feel.

So basically whichever way people decide to furnish their homes, we all need more item slots.

• notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »

People who have played other games in housing say they really like the way you can put furniture where ever you want and use it in all kinds of creative ways. The freedom to place items as we want lends to being very creative. The problem is often that creativity is being punished.

That aside I have one home that needs several small items to give it that lived in look but I am out of space. I'm not being creative like some and designing lofts and extra rooms. Just placing stuff to make the house look like a home. For example it takes nine slots just for a simple writing desk that looks used. Desk, chair, feather, ink well, paper, book, vase, flower and mug. I've got bread, veggies two sweet rolls some cups and a bowl of fruit on my kitchen table but don't have the slots for plates. My book shelves are mostly empty. It took a lot of lights to make the place not be really dark and that doesn't count what I did outside to make the yard look decent. I do have another home that is pretty much done and I have a lot of slots left for it. I'm sure I'll have it finished before I run out of slots. Others though could easily run out of room.

I'm hoping they some day give us more slots. Until they do some of my houses just won't be finished.

Here is the inside of the first house I was talking about:

NfsMmEFlf_M32Syrfsadr6nGoQoXTKbjoNhOIfslt_Ig_TIX7mJP51Uesaa0yoj_CKfGMr7dvA7kpjBXap15Gm1GILuVUNHc4v0X5W27d0UaJSaSgFuH1cRiSJ3iH_I9OmvTlA41z_D8u_Siq_wMCeAdbx8j4eMShAbPKvbaITeCkGT2SNVaTZxmF7MmaeI7_E_TB4twGFx4FZlWn9P5wsuSoqOnb0bbit2Uwp1nrSX4tm7alMdCmTMlxSjY9eyOW0A4sWebiTPZ0ffrhM90OViiZYdBHK762EfLMUZFmlHst2Qrgv16BCd4pehXiVcB_NQ0PZbYe5n63KUeUdbw_YJ-x_BUjg1R4LT-z8suWeb2BtD1ItasJqmOSYEviT0cbF78H8kmXIq6AKTGmAWtqnqFD88e_-uugcLi7wY9u6LDycPO5ztjNm8A-7oxP02sfJgbdjyZHAVb9mJBS0B_-VDo0rculWmYsPwpmyrW2dc4u_pEdjkYPzMWl1k-ROrQU4TV1QwnWmHh61pR5V2V3wFZVqkAN2bU9ABNlppTR5g652OrZrMKNUvM6Cvq6iLup2nh5MyecefXjxKokrirkhr_PSyq0Ha9m1W-2mtDyt7qP5aLiM7A=w1200-h675-no

5Dj3u5FTsXvwQce-cM2MXHqCqf-XxF3_c66t8PY-23RQk0wOEQssyAngDiiDRom8aRQD1A5oAOoTg51eEfHsj85Uy-Nhi9rCMw7xeXSyNsfTt_Qykf_fCQgcwx7p7nZ2ELphMkYSwimih6JzsOnl_xWAcxysDUUX0nLXt_MFpUwprtg8zzrVEYbiqD_f_Y6Fqd_ptjfuSp5m5WU_sCfcSxjLDe74uVDSeGSMV3QiIcGxBkeUzfAfjhRwzzZMXyJEkMh9SLBr3NkSkX8DGm3N233XAaWHjeBQMwKyV3-S3mRoMWd4qOYmSNoYxbJiU6YSXKVoDfWeNhrxuAe0SfXtq7H8Trh_C6ARC_-Eht-lFgzjrF459hdrEhUFUm72eTyySGapTZ0LeZeHNBLVwqgt3SlCW4D1lCEsW6lEfQxUf2WW3vOQB4o47CwfKCZ2wSaSB6aGoDIz_LDY4kH1vJ0AW9mG6CAO37npHLu8fsE-Upq1Nth6DLHTVwhXZ6V0zPxOWvC9dcewbyivNp88ThvGOQM5VtPvemKSiSJFCbas1IXcyeL4FBgWY5tkETQEzuV9nmCSZZ92fRGDJtdE0oHExptf31g2KOdpTrfV1PSprBAUyR6Hre6j=w1200-h675-no

lVdAypweta-FQ3OXbxWyX3w0HoGpmeAwDTrQ471PBYHtt-ivfYNWjZkz-hHbxayAJqripUNL9TNTAW6af5qBfGdoW4tCiSOT3L7a6mnAWI8cSzkEDzfNRb3r0Zj3huQQ9xfjGLulcFhLGlNOMOcWJYxM9ojmwNOIlsatFG82YghSNJAiV7B_dNR53BvEqYhkbiQVC_OYONiajHjGJCgx1PlwYVleh3pGRCDQoO9Wa6hJ-tO03c2F7Db6rb3V1T4UwZrBoLPE_TzgajELL6LNUm_rMP4izdnHDj0_4XIxYdKnJAM85IJ31wn9D9KuwqNfMqapn7hNNBzTJTxK4OQ7exf8ka9fGZD_MYrOq5Q-fuqVnl8WRymf3i83OTfPonGzgjeE_ByJXdfxYKlQv51OyjxbR2612sqdv9LFBkPdzIsOf3blRez3Zx-hjAHRm19zRh2X4xZb8L5EJuMNS-fdO51L3h26XrPNHCOCcItcUuLiv1NpSqoSQiqKMsZ_F9JlAhVisRXSjdAFZYDbcXA9Dn3t2Z-NRAUoOiQKhb_nS3nYINNP6fnA-R7wlLEMOhHwZzSIVxQyTEjNA1hNFuJUaY5UyQZxhOwQJL_x61lxAWDtXpnZlCWy=w1200-h675-no

I don't think that looks to cluttered at all.

Its crown only, but therr is a row of books for like 15-25 crowns, for your bookshelves

Creativity comes at a cost. Ive played many free form survival games and building can lag pretty bad after a few hundred items. Be screwed if you get to the thousands
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aurelle1 wrote: »
    From all his posts to date, notimetocare doesn't agree with 'clutter'. and doesn't understand the lived-in concept that most of us want so much for our homes. There is more than one way of looking at housing and the management of available item slots. One person's view is not necessarily any more right than another's.

I do agree that players who use most of their item slots to build complex creative structures such as arenas within their property are going to run out of space very quickly, and not have the ability to furnish the rest properly. But that of course is their choice and the way they would like to do things, and raising the item limit would help them greatly.

However, the majority of us just want to furnish our homes nicely and make them look lived-in, in whatever theme we choose. And maybe add the occasional extra floor etc in houses that are crying out for one. (This should be possible to do quite simply with minimal use of item slots, if ZO$ gave us building components with which to do it.) That, in our view, is not unnecessary clutter, but a vital part to the way we want our homes to look and feel.

So basically whichever way people decide to furnish their homes, we all need more item slots.

I understand clutter well. It has a place. Ive been in many houses of friends or guildmates (mostly the second one) complaining about space. Most have bad clutter, like you would find in an untidy house. Its ugly, people know its ugly, but it feels natural. Clean that upand most people will have much more space and much better looking houses.

They have no reason to raise the cap for unintended uses. People are free to make what they want, but asking for more because you aren't making a house is a bit silly.

I can get behind the idea of prefab walls, floors, etc because I come from building in games like ARK, Conan Exiles, DayZ (mod versions), and the like. I love freeform, but that isnt ZoS intention.
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK notimetocare, we just have to agree to disagree then ;)