Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

1Hand/Shield Improvement - Magicka Return With Heavy Attack

Cyrediath
Cyrediath
✭✭✭
I have an idea about improving 1h/s line. I think it should give both magicka/stamina with heavy attacks. Lower than usual number but both of them.

I feel lile 1h/s setup is hybrid. In pve tanks are using it + in pvp people are using it to be more tanky and block some more damage. There are lots of magicka builds using 1h/s and they are having magicka sustain issues but its over powere when matched with heavy armor in stamina build.

So imo best option is to lowering the resource gain via heavy attack but giving both resources (magicka+stamina) with it.

What do you think?
Edited by Cyrediath on August 22, 2017 1:46PM
  • Cyrediath
    Cyrediath
    ✭✭✭
    Up. Anyone has suggestions on this?
  • SirMewser
    SirMewser
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like your suggestion, I had a similar idea that I haven't yet to jot down but I may as well here.

Bound weapons need to be a thing, let them be ultimate abilities within each of the stamina weapon lines.
    Let these ultimates behave like the sorcerer's skill overload where they grant their own skill slots.
    ____________________________________________________________________________________
    The ultimate;
    Bound Sword and Shield: Conjure a magical sword and shield, turning all of your abilities and normal attacks into magic damage ones.

Boundless Guards: Blocking elemental damage grants a damage bonus based on the respective element;
    • -Blocking fire damage will apply the burning effect to your next light/heavy attack,
    • -Blocking shock damage will off balance the next enemy that deals melee damage while you're blocking,
    • -Blocking frost damage will apply chilled/minor maim to your next bash,
    These bonuses expire after 5 seconds but can also be stacked together.

Converged Sword and Shield: Sword and shield abilities will cost stamina and magicka but reduce the overhaul cost by 33%, heavy attacking restores 50% of the stamina recovered as magicka.
    ____________________________________________________________________________________
    Active skills will have additional tooltip information;
    Puncture: With a bound sword and shield this ability applies minor breach but deals less damage.

Low Slash: With a bound sword and shield this ability deals a damage over time effect and no longer applies minor maim.

Defensive Posture: With a bound sword and shield while this ability is slotted makes blocking consume magic.

Shield Charge: With a bound sword and shield the stun makes the enemy 5% more vulnerable to damage over time effects.

Power Bash: With a bound sword and shield this ability restores magic based on the damage dealt.
    Passive skills;
    Fortress: -no change here-

Sword and Board: Your bound sword restores 15%/30% of the amount of stamina you restore on heavy attacking. A bound shield can resist 2%/4% more magic damage when blocking.

Deadly Bash: A successful interrupt with a bash increases your magic recovery by 150 for 3/6 seconds with a bound sword and shield.

Deflect Bolts: Blocking a magic projectile with a bound sword and shield restores 150/300 magicka.

Battlefield Mobility: Blocking and taking spell damage with a bound sword and shield increases movement speed by 5% for 5 seconds stacking up to 3/6 times, losing guard drops speed bonuses.

I like the idea of hybrid, if only it were more viable for those who don't tank.
    Edited by SirMewser on August 21, 2017 4:40PM
  • Cyrediath
    Cyrediath
    ✭✭✭
    Damn nice original ideas ^^
  • Cyrediath
    Cyrediath
    ✭✭✭
    Up. Anyone thinks 1h/s fully charged heavy attacks should give magicka+stamina (both small amount) instead of just giving stamina(like it is now)?
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Or maybe all heavy attacks should restore the same % of both resource pools. The mechanic makes no logical sense anyway so why not just expand it to both which helps alleviate the stupid/false separation of stamina and magicka characters.
    Edited by Solariken on August 22, 2017 2:08PM
  • Cyrediath
    Cyrediath
    ✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »
    Or maybe all heavy attacks should restore the same % of both resource pools. The mechanic makes no logical sense anyway so why not just expand it to both which helps alleviate the stupid/false separation of stamina and magicka characters.

It would be okay but i dont think zos will make that kind of big change in game. i think magicka return from 1h/s very resonable tho.

Also people qq about 1h/s stamina heavy builds getting a lot stamina back with heavy attacks it will be very slight nerf to them or maybe not idk.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tanks can already get magicka back from a heavy attack, or any other damage. Magicka steal.

As for S&B, it is a stam weapon and should only return stamina just as all other stam weapons do.

If a tank wants magicka retuned via a heavy attack them back bar a staff.
  • aagobbo
    aagobbo
    ✭✭
    Or leave the amount of how much it restores magicka, or even stam from staves, to CP lines. Like tenacity just for stam, and the same in a mage constellation for magicka.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand why OP needs this magicka return anyhow. Regen drinks and gear. I don't really have magicka issues on my tank and I use a lot of magicka.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Similar idea to that above, but different.

Bound weapons.

Built into the soul magic tree, and as soul shriven it is lore friendly.

Timed skill like surge. Press it to covert heavy/light attacks to mag and restore mag. Also gives major sorcery. This way existing weapons are still usable, allows mag classes to use DW for DPS or 1h/s and sustain. And it doesn't make stam useless by giving magicka classes all stamina abilities. Works on both bars and doesn't waste ulti.
    Edited by ak_pvp on August 22, 2017 3:03PM
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Merkabeh
    Merkabeh
    ✭✭✭
    I would appreciate this greatly. That being said, my MagDK running dual S&B is going to stack mag regen; use heavies for stam regen (especially since stam regen is off during blocking).

I think it will work for MagDK, because resources can be gained through ult usage and stam through EH abilities (which are magicka based); so high magicka regen will let me cast more EH, to get stam back.

But I'm still building this toon, so not sure if concept will work. Also, seems like DK is the real reason it could work, not sure if it would work on other classes (if it works for this build).
    Crusader of The Knights of the Alessian Order

Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!" - Sallington

#CommunicationEquality
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Make 1hand and rune be the magicka sword and board. Boom.

Don't remove my stam management on magplar : P
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Gan Xing
    Gan Xing
    ✭✭✭✭
    SirMewser wrote: »
    I like your suggestion, I had a similar idea that I haven't yet to jot down but I may as well here.

Bound weapons need to be a thing, let them be ultimate abilities within each of the stamina weapon lines.
    Let these ultimates behave like the sorcerer's skill overload where they grant their own skill slots.
    The ultimate;
    Bound Sword and Shield: Conjure a magical sword and shield, turning all of your abilities and normal attacks into magic damage ones.

Boundless Guards: Blocking elemental damage grants a damage bonus based on the respective element;
    • -Blocking fire damage will apply the burning effect to your next light/heavy attack,
    • -Blocking shock damage will off balance the next enemy that deals melee damage while you're blocking,

Converged Sword and Shield: Sword and shield abilities will cost stamina and magicka but reduce the overhaul cost by 33%, heavy attacking restores 50% of the stamina recovered as magicka.
    Puncture: With a bound sword and shield this ability applies minor breach but deals less damage.

Low Slash: With a bound sword and shield this ability deals a damage over time effect and no longer applies minor maim.

Defensive Posture: With a bound sword and shield while this ability is slotted makes blocking consume magic.

Shield Charge: With a bound sword and shield the stun makes the enemy 5% more vulnerable to damage over time effects.

Power Bash: With a bound sword and shield this ability restores magic based on the damage dealt.
    Passive skills;

Sword and Board: Your bound sword restores 15%/30% of the amount of stamina you restore on heavy attacking. A bound shield can resist 2%/4% more magic damage when blocking.

Deadly Bash: A successful interrupt with a bash increases your magic recovery by 150 for 3/6 seconds with a bound sword and shield.

Deflect Bolts: Blocking a magic projectile with a bound sword and shield restores 150/300 magicka.

Battlefield Mobility: Blocking and taking spell damage with a bound sword and shield increases movement speed by 5% for 5 seconds stacking up to 3/6 times, losing guard drops speed bonuses.

I like the idea of hybrid, if only it were more viable for those who don't tank.

The only problem I see here is that we would be taking away that extremely useful s/b ult and replacing it with a skill that is useful in it's own right, but likely difficult to code, and changes the game mechanics too much.
    Make 1hand and rune be the magicka sword and board. Boom.

Don't remove my stam management on magplar : P

This however, is a brilliant idea.

If ESO built their skill line kind of like GW2, where different combinations of weapons provided different sets of possible skills, this would be easy to input.

In otherwords, this will be a bit difficult to create a new weapon skill line (s/rune), but it wouldn't be impossible.
    I personally really want spears to be implemented, so you have 2h spears or 1h spears (Hastae). Spears are lore friendly, so I'm surprised that they aren't in game as an available weapon.
    Gan Xing - Crafting Nightblade
    Elrana Tinuviel - Hybrid Dragonknight
    Elentári Peregrine - Sorcerer "bank"
    Rán Xīng - Hybrid Templar
    Laurïsil Imlachwen - Stamina Templar
    Helotë Tinuviel - Hybrid/Magicka Warden
    Odin banker - obv banker
    Yan of the Red Mountain - lvl 3 DK - not sure when I will work on em

Seeks the unusual and unique playstyles...
  • Cyrediath
    Cyrediath
    ✭✭✭
    @DeadlyRecluse its a good idea but it will take some time to test everything and apply it to eso whereas making fully charged heavy attack giving both stamina and magicka but reduced amount is easy :P
  • Bombashaman
    Bombashaman
    ✭✭✭
    Raise the one in which you have higher (unbuffed) MAXstat. With all weapons.
    Edited by Bombashaman on August 25, 2017 8:19AM
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That would be the return of the Mag DK overlords. No.
    PC EU
  • Cyrediath
    Cyrediath
    ✭✭✭
    Raise the one in which you have higher (unbuffed) MAXstat. With all weapons.

i think that would be very powerful buff:P
    That would be the return of the Mag DK overlords. No.

and not only dks using sword/shield. mag templar/sorc/nb/warden all classes are using it
  • SirMewser
    SirMewser
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gan Xing wrote: »
    SirMewser wrote: »

The ultimate;

Passive skills;

The only problem I see here is that we would be taking away that extremely useful s/b ult and replacing it with a skill that is useful in it's own right, but likely difficult to code, and changes the game mechanics too much.

Taking something away like the ult seems like a fair tradeoff for magic/stam stability in my example, nor is it the only aspect of my idea.

I doubt it would be hard, as I said, make it like overload where it changes skill sets and have a visual weapon/shield
    in hand instead of sparking hands (ofc).
    Having a weapon "type" correspond to different buffs from the same skill line isn't something new, look at destruction staff.

My statement is that most of this isn't new code, not even the little changes to skills as they are just numeric values to variables that already exist in forms of buffs and stats.
    The most work they would have to do here is animation to differentiate a bound sword and shield from the regular one along the skill line which again, destro staff has archived proof of their capabilities on this one.

[Edit]: My idea was to add bound weapons as ultimates, I did not state that I want the original ones replaced by them.
    Edited by SirMewser on August 28, 2017 5:58AM