Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

more life into housing please

Sheyta
Sheyta
✭✭✭
I want more life into housing.

My house feels like ghost house

Edited by Sheyta on December 23, 2020 12:39PM
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think we could start from having roaming pets, make them slowly roam inside or outside of the houses on a fixed routes (with or without object colisions set). Just like we meet travelling merchants in Tamriel, they with horses also walk on fixed routes. Maybe it's even possible to set random routes not fixed for more immersion, following the moves of modern vacuum cleaner robots :)
    Next could be, imagine you enter your house or main gate and you see your pets rushing at you with warm welcome on their faces. I'd like to see my adorable pet guar in such cute rush and fawn :).
    I'm up for more life into housing.
    Edited by Gargath on August 21, 2017 8:13AM
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • ladymarisab14_ESO
    ladymarisab14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    A way to visit housing without having the player present / on your friends list etc.
    For example, I'd like to be able to walk up to a housing area, and have (categorized?) lists of who has set their primary residence there. One of the things (and yes I know it's silly to compare to other MMOs) I really like in EQ2 was just random visits. You're tinkering around and people just stop by to see and say hi. My husband I would take time from the grind to just visit anyone that had their house unlocked. :P
  • Sheyta
    Sheyta
    ✭✭✭

Edited by Sheyta on December 23, 2020 12:40PM
  • ladymarisab14_ESO
    ladymarisab14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    As it is is currently, you cannot walk up to the door at say Mara's Kiss (or any housing) and click on the door to visit other players, most of whom you will not already know of. If you click on that door, you are going to *your* house or a preview. What I'm referencing is the ability to visit <random> players at their homes, via the location of said home. By default this would not add life per se, but where it has existed in other games, it's led to fun meetings and iteractions, and having people in your home can add life to housing.
  • Rhinala
    Rhinala
    I don't think that roaming will be very hard to implement, because i think it is used in the game by the creatures.
    I am looking for a friendly NPC that will live at the house after an invitation, maybe someone that can act like a follower when i am soloing. When i played oblivion vilja was the reason that encouraged me to return to my house, something like that can be insanely fun.

Edit: ladymarisab14_ESO: You can visit friends homes via guild or friends list, you need to select visit primary home (or something like it)
    Edited by Rhinala on August 21, 2017 12:20PM
  • ladymarisab14_ESO
    ladymarisab14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I know =) I think I mentioned that in my first reply, that they had to be either on your friends list etc. I'm simply saying it's not easy to visit a random person you do not already know in some form.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd really love to have a few hens in my yard, like the ones in Windhelm and Anvil that scuttle away squawking when you get too close. That would really make the place seem like home.
    PC EU
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I fake some life, at least outside, by having the Ebonheart mansion (constant ash falling), jestival trees for the blossoms, the achievement plants that spawn butterflies, bloodthorns and the various Deshaan/Morrowind moving plants... some of that new mist effect in the creepy corner... plus 7 of the most active pets at strategic points... but even with that it couls use more life... and inside is just lifeless.

Unkillable and unlootable critters, bugs and animals that ou could add outside would be great.

Inside some NPCs like those in Skyrim would be great... a bard with a selection of musak plus a couple of other household helpers - would need a certain ammount of interactivity and some activities to make them worthwhile but probably nothing that couldn't be culled from existing game assets... hell allow us to invite the undaunted round for beers, I'd spend some crowns for that.
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Who needs more life, but yeah I would love more npcs especially for my torture room

ywpFAgK.jpg
  • Maole1989
    Maole1989
    ✭✭✭
    Tavore1138 wrote: »
    Inside some NPCs like those in Skyrim would be great... a bard with a selection of musak plus a couple of other household helpers - would need a certain ammount of interactivity and some activities to make them worthwhile but probably nothing that couldn't be culled from existing game assets... hell allow us to invite the undaunted round for beers, I'd spend some crowns for that.

Houses do need some more life! I like these ideas and think they would be a great addition to Homestead. :)
    [1 Corinthians 13] [John 15:13] [John 3:16]
    Maole_1989 - PS4 NA EP
  • GrimClaw
    GrimClaw
    ✭✭✭
    DAOC housing is way superior to this.

- real zones with hundreds of visible houses, you bought a lot and placed your house on it
    - you had merchants. a npc listed sold stuff with a house number, then you had to approch the house merchant by walking through the housing zone
    - crafting stations were cheap
    - teleporters were cheap
    - there were crates to store your loot

Here you have to pay ~30.000 crowns just to get the crafting stations. Make proper housing zones please, you can move crafting stations to the center as a meeting point. Currently most houses are oddly placed, too far away from the usual city life without an free option to teleport.

No crafting, no teleport, no bank... what's the point of owning a home ? It needs to get way more functional without having to spend 30K crowns.
    Edited by GrimClaw on August 23, 2017 5:21AM
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GrimClaw wrote: »
    DAOC housing is way superior to this.

- real zones with hundreds of visible houses, you bought a lot and placed your house on it
    - you had merchants. a npc listed sold stuff with a house number, then you had to approch the house merchant by walking through the housing zone
    - crafting stations were cheap
    - teleporters were cheap
    - there were crates to store your loot

Here you have to pay ~30.000 crowns just to get the crafting stations. Make proper housing zones please, you can move crafting stations to the center as a meeting point. Currently most houses are oddly placed, too far away from the usual city life without an free option to teleport.

No crafting, no teleport, no bank... what's the point of owning a home ? It needs to get way more functional without having to spend 30K crowns.

you don't need to pay 30,000 crowns to get crafting stations. you either need to get a little bit of luck with master writs or just buy the stations from players. they cost 35 vouchers each and usually sell on traders for about 50-60k gold
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"