The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Crown pack purchase missing - Customer support not helping

Ammene
Ammene
Soul Shriven
Hey!

I am writing a second topic here because it seems to be the only way to get the customer support to do something. @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

A friend of mine bought crowns in crown store on 18th of August 2017. He got the email confirming the payment went through, his bank took the money from him. He did not get any crowns on 18th of August 2017 and he wrote multiple tickets to Zenimax. It has been almost been two days now and he still does not have his crowns.

So. In short, my friend bought two(2) crown packs both 5,5k on 17th of August 2017. He happily used them both. Then on the morning on of 18th of August 2017, he bought THIRD(3) crown pack worth of 5,5k which he still does not have!

First, on 18th he gets a mail saying Zenimax did not receive the payment yet after he sent his ticket to ask where his crowns are.

Then after my first forum post he finally gets the 5,5k crowns added to his account, but then gets a mail from a friendly customer support person saying he used them already!! Really? According to the customer support, the date was 08/17/2017 when he got the crowns.. But my friend bought the crowns the on 18th of August 2017 which you can see on his billing information!!! I did not know crowns can be applied backwards in time before you even buy them! Magic! IT'S AMAZING.

And then he gets a mail saying ZOS is investigating and they took the crowns away again. That is.. literally contradicting yourselves there. Why was the first mail then saying you never got the money? Please. This is little embarrassing for customer support to act this way.

Also the tickets he send gets closed with no email send to him about what is this resolution. Even the ticket in which support said they will have a special person investigating, got closed with NO EMAILS about the resolution. This is so unprofessional.

My friend's at name is . Please do something about this.
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Advise your friend to lodge a complaint with Better Business Bureau.

They have no authority of any kind but they can successfully resolve problems like this and should they fail, they can tell you to which official authority your friend can complain.

If your friend made the purchases by credit card, they probably have the option to challenge the charges as fraudulent. It varies by provider but failure to deliver what you've paid for is typically grounds for cancelling those charges.
    Edited by Nerouyn on August 22, 2017 10:24AM
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh for heaven's sakes. Punished for spending too much on crowns? Ouch.

He probably got burned by the "read it too fast" customer service bug.

Try again, attach all old correspondence and info, and expect to reply AT LEAST three times to re-explain things because they didn't listen to what was actually being said. It's a process.

Just don't give up.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    Try again, attach all old correspondence and info, and expect to reply AT LEAST three times to re-explain things because they didn't listen to what was actually being said. It's a process.

Less a process and more a bottomless pit of despair.

I've personally made it to 5 inane CS responses advising that my ticket had been closed and if my problem hadn't magically fixed itself to please advise them. I've read of others making it past 7.

Don't waste any more time being BLEEPed around by them.
  • Ammene
    Ammene
    Soul Shriven
    Hey!

My friend finally got his crowns and he also got an email from customer service that they have managed to resolve the issue which was that he bought too many crowns packs in few days so customer service got confused??? Umm...

Oh and they also said that the process was delayed because he sent so many tickets, which all got closed so he had no active tickets at all. Really..? First one you did nothing for 36 hours and you say it was his fault for sending too many tickets? but thats the only way anything happens since support CLOSES all tickets.

Yeah.. Good customer service support here..

But yes. It took them almost 46 hours to look at his billing history and understand it. :disappointed: Even though he explained it to them multiple times and clearly.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, unfortunately, CS has problems with basic reading comprehension. That, or they really don't take the time to read since they are understaffed and probably their inbox is bursting at the seams.

For ANY ticket submitted, always expect a canned auto-response. If you don't respond to that right away, the ticket will be closed. They just have too much volume, and I'm sure there are cases where people submit tickets for problems that can easily be solved by following the provided links in the canned response.

Even when I tried to shorten the back and forth by providing them with the information I knew they needed in order to resolve my issue (a ss of my MS statement proving I had paid for my monthly ESO+), I still got the canned response, which leads me to believe that no ticket is actually read by a person the first time it is submitted. An auto-response is generated based on key words or perhaps the support categories. They hope that either the info provided helps solve the problem or that the players just give up. That's why you have to respond right away to keep the ticket open and get it escalated to someone who will look at it.

Even then, yes, you encounter CS members who either don't really read it or perhaps just don't comprehend it. I can see in this case that a CS member probably looked at his initial purchase of Crowns and saw that he had received them and used them, without looking further through your friend's purchase history. It then takes two or three times, and perhaps different CS members, to actually then read what you are saying rather than assuming that you just don't understand what they've told you, which is based on their not understanding in the first place. Ugh...I think I just gave myself a headache! :D
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ammene wrote: »
    My friend finally got his crowns and he also got an email from customer service that they have managed to resolve the issue which was that he bought too many crowns packs in few days so customer service got confused??? Umm...
    I guess everybody is going to be buying "too many" crown packs in the next few days, since there's a crown sale right now and ZOS hasn't bothered to let us buy larger crown packs. Holy cow. *Shakes head at ZOS*

• Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    I guess everybody is going to be buying "too many" crown packs in the next few days, since there's a crown sale right now and ZOS hasn't bothered to let us buy larger crown packs. Holy cow. *Shakes head at ZOS*

Ha! That's a good point! I hope they can handle all the multiple purchases from a LOT of players. And seriously, either offer a larger Crown pack or allow us to increase the quantity, so that I can buy 10 5500 packs if I want, rather than click buy 10 times. Seems that it would be a lot less hassle on their end, too.
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ROFL
    Oh and they also said that the process was delayed because he sent so many tickets, which all got closed so he had no active tickets at all. Really..? First one you did nothing for 36 hours and you say it was his fault for sending too many tickets? but thats the only way anything happens since support CLOSES all tickets.

So the C in CS doesn't stand for customer. It stands for comedic.
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    For ANY ticket submitted, always expect a canned auto-response.

No, not just one. They will repeatedly close tickets for problems which require CS assistance and haven't been resolved, advising each time to reply if said problem still requires their attention.

It's utterly bonkers.