The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

It's time again for some cyrodiil alliance points tweaking...

aegisfire1975
aegisfire1975
✭✭✭
I was really happy with the new calculations of the alliance points because my guild has always taken castles and resources to put up points for the campaign. At that time we had the ap farmers that would defend what we took for the big defense ticks. With the recent change in ap we have no one defending anything behind us anymore because because it's not worth it for them. I think a successful defense should equal the same amount as a successful take. Right now the ap farmers just follow us around to steal our offense tick. I don't blame them and sometimes we appreciate the help if it's a tough take but mostly not. It's ridiculous to have 50 people show up to take an empty castle. We only need the 10 we have. They don't siege, they just see that we have siege on a castle and show up for the points.

I think that defending is just as important as taking castles and if I am running without a group I will go to defend castles but, no one else shows up with me because they are just looking for offensive ticks. It's just castle flipping now. I like the fast pace of the map now because it can change very quickly, but it seems that alliance points need to be more in line with scoring and retaining points for your campaign and that includes taking and defending castles and resources. The balance went too far towards the offensive. Just move forward with the zerg to gather ap and never look behind you. The thought process is "let them take it, we'll just take it back for more points." I'm not an alliance point farmer but I have to confess, I'm starting to think that way too.

I used to take empty castles for the benefit of our alliance just to win the campaign when no one else would, so I really don't care about the ap, but many people do and we need the alliance points to more accurately reflect putting in work on the map for the benefit of the alliance. That includes defending keeps we already own. You will not stop people from following the alliance points but give them a choice as to whether they would like to attack or defend please.

What do you think?
Edited by aegisfire1975 on August 19, 2017 9:09PM
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The otick paradigm is definitely idiotic as it promotes pvdoor *and* faction stacking because everyone gets paid just for showing up.

I think ZOS has some talented designers who can do a much better job, but the problem is that they're not given the time and resources necessary to provide better solutions to issues in Cyrodiil. The results are half-assed changes like this that create as many -- or more -- problems than they solve.

Edited by zyk on August 20, 2017 12:15AM
  • aegisfire1975
    aegisfire1975
    ✭✭✭
    You're right. It did promote faction stacking. It's rough if you're loyal. lol
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wouldn't that let farmers boost with just a single death from a friend on another faction?