The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

fat pets and trying to loot/target things

Linaleah
Linaleah
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
anyone else having this issue? its especially bad with bears, though can get pretty bad with sorc pets too, they just looooove to plant their butts right on top of a whole bunch of things and good luck trying to reach anything through them. why can I loot through players, but not through pets? why are they so giant? dear zos. PLEASE fix this becasue I'm starting to suspect that at this point, some players are starting to use it for trolling purposes. either make pets smaller, or allow us to loot through them or both.
dirty worthless casual.
Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • ofSunhold
    ofSunhold
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm more sympathetic about the bears, since one of their morphs means even if you un-summon them, they're coming right back. And at least they're on the ground.

People who drag their twilights everywhere like a security blankie otoh drive me nuts. Hovering over the crafting station. Hovering in front of the banker, the guild vendor, the merchant, the shrine. Last time I went into the bank in Shornhelm there were so many daedra in there doing their banking it wasn't even worth trying to find someplace to stand I could do mine too.

Maybe they should just make them unsummon themselves after 5 minutes out of combat. I don't know if people are trolling or just oblivious to the fact they can unsummon their togglepets. Pretty tired of dealing with them though.
    Classes that don't need any class ability nerfs: Nightblades, Dragonknights, Sorcs, Templars, Wardens.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please don't make the bear smaller. It's already useless, at least let it look cool.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • ofSunhold
    ofSunhold
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    max_only wrote: »
    Please don't make the bear smaller. It's already useless, at least let it look cool.

I think you're safe. They can't make combat pets smaller without making them too hard to kill in PvP.

The netch could be smaller though! hopeful
    Classes that don't need any class ability nerfs: Nightblades, Dragonknights, Sorcs, Templars, Wardens.
  • Vostorn
    Vostorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    ofSunhold wrote: »
    I don't know if people are trolling or just oblivious to the fact they can unsummon their togglepets.
    The way we have to un-toggle pets is totally un-instinctive : open skills menu, un-slot pet skill, re-slot pet skill. This is far from a toggle and I truly understand why many people either don't think about it nor don't want to do it every time they go in a city for a few minutes.

IMHO, the best thing ZOS could do is to give us an option to hide not fighting players pets in cities.
  • Rainraven
    Rainraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Miniature cinnamon bears would be fun. That way even if they get in the way, crawling all over lootable stuff, they're so adorable nobody really minds.

Edited by Rainraven on August 19, 2017 5:28AM
  • ofSunhold
    ofSunhold
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vostorn wrote: »
    ofSunhold wrote: »
    I don't know if people are trolling or just oblivious to the fact they can unsummon their togglepets.
    The way we have to un-toggle pets is totally un-instinctive : open skills menu, un-slot pet skill, re-slot pet skill. This is far from a toggle and I truly understand why many people either don't think about it nor don't want to do it every time they go in a city for a few minutes.

IMHO, the best thing ZOS could do is to give us an option to hide not fighting players pets in cities.

You don't have to unslot the skill. The pet is in your active effects, with your food buff and such. You can remove it from there with one click.

But I'm glad you said that, it makes it easier to keep my temper about this if I think people really don't know how easy it is to unsummon. It's still annoying, but now I can just be annoyed with ZOS.