Update 41 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of February 19:
· [COMPLETE] NA megaservers for maintenance – February 21, 4:00AM EST (9:00 UTC) - 7:00AM EST (12:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] EU megaservers for maintenance – February 21, 5:00 UTC (12:00AM EST) - 17:00 UTC (12:00PM EST)

Instantly killed by a guard

TheAngelofDeath99
TheAngelofDeath99
✭✭✭
Is this a bug, or intended? I am in stealth while being pursued, using cloak, all is going well. Finally, I lose aggro, and am free. Then BAM. I'm dead, and all my stolen goods are gone. [snip]! Fix the [snip] game.

I also was not able to toggle the recap, it simply would not work, so I have no way of knowing if it actually WAS the guard. But then again, it probably was, seeing as how there's no hostile enemies in the city.

inb4 "check your connection"
My connection is perfect, good fps and low ping.

inb4 "you shouldn't have gotten caught"
You're right, I shouldn't have. But I also shouldn't be instantly killed after I successfully escaped (the guard wasn't even around).

inb4 "l2p use stealth, scrub"
My stealth is fine, and this isn't even an l2p issue. I should not be instantly killed out of nowhere (inb4 rko out of nowhere, john cena theme), and then lose all my stuff after I have gotten away.

[edited for profanity bypass]
Edited by ZOS_Icy on December 19, 2023 4:11PM
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sounds like you got ZOS'd
    Edited by Stovahkiin on August 18, 2017 9:43PM
    Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!
  • Smasherx74
    Smasherx74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lSX3qGb.gif
    Master Debater
  • TheAngelofDeath99
    TheAngelofDeath99
    ✭✭✭
    [snip] You most likely got arrowed in the back.

How? I had lost aggro. They were literally no longer on my tail. Plus I was cloaked. And when does an arrow instantly wipe someone at full health?

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on December 19, 2023 4:12PM
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Guards hit like a train after a lil while. And if you cloak, they'll throw a flare on you.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [snip] You most likely got arrowed in the back.

How? I had lost aggro. They were literally no longer on my tail. Plus I was cloaked. And when does an arrow instantly wipe someone at full health?

This happened to me once as well.

I think S77.... something is correct about that. The longer they pursue you the stronger they become until they can literally kill you instantly.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on December 19, 2023 4:13PM
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I was working on the achievement for escaping the guards I thought I was being clever. I stood at the edge of a river took out a bow and shot a guard. Swim across the river and I'm safe. Plan was to go back and do it over and over until I got the achievement. Third time I shot my arrow towards the guard I was dead before I could turn around and run. Since then I have had a guard put talons on me a couple of times while I was swimming and far enough from shore I am usually safe.

I've found the best thing to do when a guard is on you is just run (don't sprint) away. Save your stamina for when you are in talons or otherwise immobilized. Don't try to stealth or sneak or go invisible. Just a simple run and usually you are going to be good.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Belegnole
    Belegnole
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And now you have learned something new.... Don't mess with the guards!

• GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This game doesnt have an indepth crime system. Its basically if a guard see's you, you need to get out of line of sight quick or he will one sbot you after charging you a few times.

It would be cool if you could kill guards or escape jail with your goodies.

We need a justice system so bad.
    PS4 NA DC
  • Ramzdonb16_ESO
    Ramzdonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Boring and frustrating mechanic.

Guards should be killable and just call in reinforcements like oblivion until you are dead or leave the area, that would be fun and challenging rather than no challenge straight to instant death.
  • Maitsukas
    Maitsukas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *thread* Necromancers aren't that useful against guards.
    Call me Mait
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

We have gone ahead and closed this thread down since it is rather old. Please keep in mind that sometimes it is better to create a new topic, instead of replying in one that was posted a while ago.

Thanks for your understanding.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.