The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Help with Alchemy

Latonia
Latonia
I would very much appreciate it if someone could help me with my sealed alchemy writs, please. I have max alchemy but don't use it much, just for some health and magicka potions.

One of the sealed alchemy writs is follows:

Essence of Ravage Health with Gradual Ravage Health, Ravage Health, Ravage Stamina

Easy to make a Ravage Health Pot but I then have trouble adding the last three attributes to the pot. I've tried endless combinations, tried using http://esolog.uesp.net/viewPotions.php
but can't seem to produce the potion needed for the writ. I have three others all with the same problem and as they are only for 5 rewards am tempted to bin them but hate to be beaten.

So is there an expert alchemist out there who can share with me where I'm going wrong?

Many thanks in advance
  • Reorx_Holybeard
    Reorx_Holybeard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Latonia wrote: »
    I would very much appreciate it if someone could help me with my sealed alchemy writs, please. I have max alchemy but don't use it much, just for some health and magicka potions.

One of the sealed alchemy writs is follows:

Essence of Ravage Health with Gradual Ravage Health, Ravage Health, Ravage Stamina

Easy to make a Ravage Health Pot but I then have trouble adding the last three attributes to the pot. I've tried endless combinations, tried using http://esolog.uesp.net/viewPotions.php
    but can't seem to produce the potion needed for the writ. I have three others all with the same problem and as they are only for 5 rewards am tempted to bin them but hate to be beaten.

So is there an expert alchemist out there who can share with me where I'm going wrong?

Many thanks in advance

So when the writ says "Essence of Ravage Health with Gradual Ravage Health, Ravage Health, Ravage Stamina" you ignore the "Essence of Ravage Health" part as that is just the potion name. Then use the alchemy calculator you linked to find the 3 effects (potions/poisons can't have 4 effects) and you should find 2 possible combinations:
    • Emetic Russula + Fleshfly Larva + Nightshade
    • Fleshfly Larva + Nightshade + Stinkhorn

If those don't won't for you I would ask that you link pictures of the quest and the writ item link itself (if possible) so I can further look into it and fix any issue with our alchemy calculator.
    Reorx Holybeard -- NA/PC
    Founder/Admin of www.uesp.net -- UESP ESO Guilds
    Creator of the "Best" ESO Build Editor
    I'm on a quest to build the world's toughest USB drive!
  • Latonia
    Latonia
    Thank you so much - I tried so many combinations of those ingredients but not obviously not the right ones. Now to see if I can figure out the second one for myself - if not I may be back :)
  • Latonia
    Latonia
    Not successful. The second one is:

Essence of Immovability with Unstoppable, Restore Magicka and Spell Critical.

I clicked on the 3 traits on the left which gave me a choice of Bugloss, Columbine, Cornflower, Lady's Smock, Namira's Rot, Water hyacinth and Wormwood. I've tried many combinations but none seem to be the one. Not sure where I'm going wrong and would love to know the secret.

Any help gratefully received, thanks.

• agn231
    agn231
    ✭✭✭
    The second one is:
    Columbine, Lady's Smock, Namira's Rot (& Lorkhan's Tears)
  • Reorx_Holybeard
    Reorx_Holybeard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Latonia wrote: »
    Not successful. The second one is:

Essence of Immovability with Unstoppable, Restore Magicka and Spell Critical.

I clicked on the 3 traits on the left which gave me a choice of Bugloss, Columbine, Cornflower, Lady's Smock, Namira's Rot, Water hyacinth and Wormwood. I've tried many combinations but none seem to be the one. Not sure where I'm going wrong and would love to know the secret.

Any help gratefully received, thanks.

In our alchemy calculator make sure your click the "Find" button at the top of the effect list once you pick your 3 effects. This will then show you all possible combinations that are valid instead of just the individual reagents with those effects.
    Reorx Holybeard -- NA/PC
    Founder/Admin of www.uesp.net -- UESP ESO Guilds
    Creator of the "Best" ESO Build Editor
    I'm on a quest to build the world's toughest USB drive!
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will say the Poisons are the hardest to figure out, as some want Oils, some want Waters, some have more than one combo of ingredients that can give the desired effects, or close enough to the desired effects to cause confusion and mat wasting.

Note, personally I don't sweat the Alchemy Master Writs, as they only offer 2 vouchers. They do give a nice chunk of exp though like all Master Writs. But if they are not an easy to make potion or poison, I sell the writ.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Latonia
    Latonia
    Thank you very much - when I'm next online I shall attempt the third one following all your helpful advice.
  • Latonia
    Latonia
    Was able to complete number three and thank you very much for all your help. I think I've got it now :)