The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can't understand why people want Vma nerfed!

razor_radford26
So I see posts all the time 'Oh please nerf Vma, Vma is impossible bla bla bla'

I am currently on my first run through, a level 250cp Sorceror with necro/julianos (purple) so not the highest level or best gear in the world, I am currently taking a small break on round 7/9. I gotta say this is the best content in the game!

I have died more times than I count, shouted at my nearest and dearest for talking to me while I am trying to dps the Ice Giant and thrown my controller so many times that I cannot believe it still works. This is the one thing in the game that is still a challenge and once I finally finish it I can imagine it will feel so good!

Just wanted to say well done Devs on making a great and challenging arena.
  • WhoSlappedThePie
    WhoSlappedThePie
    ✭✭✭
    Because they are weak and they won't stick at it so they want it to be easier just to get the loot.

I don't even think they want the sense of achievement because if it were to get nerfed why would you feel good about beating something tailored to your inabilities. I don't get it either.

@Zos, please don't nerf it. It is some of the "hardest" content and should stay that hard.
    "It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop."

Current Toons (Max CP):
    Magsorc Breton
    Magblade Darkelf
    Stam DK Redguard
    Healer Templar High Elf
    Tank DK Argonian
    Stamblade Redguard

Completed: vHoF | vMoL | vSO | vSO HM | vAA | vAA HM | vHR | vHR HM | vMA | vDSA
  • istguterSpieler
    istguterSpieler
    ✭✭✭
    Nerf sorcs
    Somit ist Toleranz, historischer Sinn, sogenannte Gerechtigkeit ein Beweis des Misstrauens gegen ein eigenes Ideal, oder das Fehlen desselben. Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People don't like effort.

And I concur, its the perfect balance. you just need your setup and game on point and its JUST doable. perfect challenge to take you up a gear
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So, you've nearly broke controllers, cursed out your most beloved family, now taking a break due to frustration, and haven't beaten it yet you commend the team for making such wonderful content....
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    VMA is great content. Thought it was great before I beat it, thought it was great after I beat it. Still go back and do other runs as well. I like trying different classes and configurations through VMA.
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • Reorx_Holybeard
    Reorx_Holybeard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think one reason maybe because vMA is such a ramp up in difficulty compared to the rest of the solo content:
    • Overworld -- Really easy if you avoid the world boss (now classed as group content)
    • Quest Instances -- Most of the difficult fights have been drastically nerfed (Doshia, the Mage Guild Clanfear, etc...)
    • Delves -- Only slightly more difficult than overworld
    • Public Dungeons -- Technically groiup content but easily soloed if you have some AoE DPS and self-healing.
    • nMA -- Only a little more difficult than public dungeons.
    • <==== Big Gap Here
    • vMA -- Holy Julianos, I need another stack of Soul Gems again....

Technically you could fill that gap with soloing normal group dungeons and even a few vet dungeons which most solo players probably don't even think of trying. If ZOS had the time/will I think they could add 2 more modes to Maelstrom, one between nMA and vMA and one harder than vMA which would appease most people I think.

Edited by Reorx_Holybeard on August 18, 2017 1:27PM
    Reorx Holybeard -- NA/PC
    Founder/Admin of www.uesp.net -- UESP ESO Guilds
    Creator of the "Best" ESO Build Editor
    I'm on a quest to build the world's toughest USB drive!
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^ spot on
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • razor_radford26
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    So, you've nearly broke controllers, cursed out your most beloved family, now taking a break due to frustration, and haven't beaten it yet you commend the team for making such wonderful content....

Yes, it is the only thing in ESO that is a real challenge. Just because I get stressed doesn't mean it is not good content. And when I say taking a break I only mean a few hours to rest my eyes etc not a long term break or anything. I will have beaten it by the end of the day :)
    Edited by razor_radford26 on August 18, 2017 1:49PM
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    People who want it nerfed so they can get their first complete are a little silly, imo.

However, if you want a specific piece from there, the RNG is just atrocious. I can clear it easily, but it still takes a fair amount of time being solo in a game I play for social interaction. Personally, that's why I wouldn't mind it being nerfed. It already isn't a challenge once you learn it, but the RNG is just horrendous so I can't be bothered farming it. A fix to the RNG would be even better...
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • razor_radford26
    People who want it nerfed so they can get their first complete are a little silly, imo.

However, if you want a specific piece from there, the RNG is just atrocious. I can clear it easily, but it still takes a fair amount of time being solo in a game I play for social interaction. Personally, that's why I wouldn't mind it being nerfed. It already isn't a challenge once you learn it, but the RNG is just horrendous so I can't be bothered farming it. A fix to the RNG would be even better...

A token system or something maybe? Not to get the guaranteed trait you need but to at least get the weapon you want, keep a bit of RNG in it :)
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Most of the weapons there are not top notch for any build like they were when it came out. Only the bow is still best for stamina builds and it's also one of the weapons whose trait matters less due to the fact it's on the back bar. People mostly wanted it nerfed or weapons added to normal mode since they wanted those. It's not that hard to complete once you know the mechanics and what spawns where. When it was introduced people had 2-300 CP, agility/willpower jewels and a monster set and they still did it. There were no 5p dropped sets with jewels or weapons. The combos today are much more potent, people have more CP on average so there's far less reason for nerfs.
    Edited by Asardes on August 18, 2017 2:04PM
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |