The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Serious Request: Please expand Housing permissions

schattenkind
schattenkind
✭✭✭
Since housing was introduced, more and more people are unhappy with the permissions for housing.

I suggest to create a new category for permission, something between decorator and owner - what you call it, is up to you.

Why i come up with that:
The game lives from friendships and partnerships, it is not a single-player game. Some people buy a house just for themselves, but real fun is, living with someone else in it. With the decrator-permission being included, it shows that using houses together definetly was an intention from zos, else there would not be such thing.
Me and my wife bought a house together, which we wanna use together. In a certain manner we can, but the lack of permissions for partner or a friend you really trust is annoying.

1. As decorator I only can move stuff around. That means, I have to wait for her to place something or remove something. That requires her to log into game just to place an item, which I could do by myself, or stop what she is doing ingame and come to the house for something I couldve done.
2. Some furnishings I can buy are bind on pickup, which I cannot use then. Makes no sense to buy them then, because I cannot place them and cant pass them to the owner to place them.
3. I also cannot place or even use my merchant, not even my pets, while owner can. So thats a permission issue, where I just cant understand the reason for. My pets or merchant wont do any harm to the house or owner. If owner does not like it, he can remove it or remove my permissions to do that.
4. Also annoying is, that I can not logout in our house and log back in into our house, while owner can. That would make sense, if owner changed permissions to forbid me to enter the house.

I read someone saying, zos would do that, to make people buy own houses, and make more money from that - which I cannot believe. Obviously zos has develoers who can think a bit further and would also get to the conclusion, that I would not buy my own house, if I want to use one with my partner together. That would make no sense, right?. Having 2 spearate houses and decorate both? Who would do that? Who would spend money on that? Again, this is not a single-player game.
I would like to know the real reason for that, or even more I d like zos to consider my suggestion (mine and from a lot other people).

Giving permissions can be dangerous someone said, because the more permissions you give someone, the more potential for arguing there will be, if something goes wrong. But in the end, each ower can decide by himself, who gets what permissions, right? If the suggested permission-expand was added, it would be additional to the others, not a replacement. It is then the owners decision, whom he does trust or not - and even in case of argue, owner can change permissions any time.

So I see no real reason for that to be such a pain in the a** and ask kindly zos to respond and explain. If you dont want to change it, just let us players know, why and what your real intention is. Since introduction of housing a lot of time has passed and by now it would be time to get to this. It affects the fun playing a lot.

Instead of including more and more furnishing-items (which is nice, but not the priority imho), please expand the permissions and make it more usefull, either with creating a new permission state or giving the owner possibilities to adapt permissions for each state or if you like better, for each player.
Edited by schattenkind on August 20, 2017 6:09AM
PC - EU
Primary: PvP: magSorc, magNB, PvE: DK Tank, Templar Heal
Secondary: PvP: magDK, Templar, PvE: Warden something
  • O_LYKOS
    O_LYKOS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like the option to set permissions for a secondary residence and allow my friends and guild members to visit that home
    PC NA - GreggsSausageRoll
    Xbox NA - CinnamonRoll266
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    O_LYKOS wrote: »
    I would like the option to set permissions for a secondary residence and allow my friends and guild members to visit that home

Yeah I would like to see a drop down menu so guild mates and friends can visit all of my houses.

(edit) and to the topic of the thread, not a solution for everybody but maybe make sharing a house a perk of using the ring of Mara.
    Edited by kargen27 on August 18, 2017 10:05PM
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • OmniDo
    OmniDo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »
    Yeah I would like to see a drop down menu so guild mates and friends can visit all of my houses.
    While Z0$ hasnt revealed their plans for this (if any), there is an addon called: "Port to Friend's House" that will allow you to teleport to anyone's home at any time, whether they are online or not, provided you have the requisite permissions to do so.

Granted, its very basic and will not provide you a list of homes for the account name used, but you can still visit them if you know which ones they have, or if you wish to brute-force your way down the list of all homes until you find one that exists. You can then add it as a favorite, even hotkey it, and return to it at any time, provided the correct permissions are set, i.e you or your guild is on the guest/decorator list, etc...
    Enjoy!
    Edited by OmniDo on August 19, 2017 3:08AM
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OmniDo wrote: »
    kargen27 wrote: »
    While Z0$ hasnt revealed their plans for this (if any), there is an addon called: "Port to Friend's House" that will allow you to teleport to anyone's home at any time, whether they are online or not, provided you have the requisite permissions to do so.

Granted, its very basic and will not provide you a list of homes for the account name used, but you can still visit them if you know which ones they have, or if you wish to brute-force your way down the list of all homes until you find one that exists. You can then add it as a favorite, even hotkey it, and return to it at any time, provided the correct permissions are set, i.e you or your guild is on the guest/decorator list, etc...
    Enjoy!

yeah I have that one but it is cumbersome to use. It is a start though.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • POps75p
    POps75p
    ✭✭✭✭
    yes, please do, you need a few things.

1. if a player owns 1000 houses that gives access to various guilds, they should all show in his guild drop down with the ability to travel to them vs only selecting the one that they have selected as home

2. have an asst decorator mgr that can add items but can remove or tear them down, or it would be nice to have a drop down with all of the various options that you wanted to give them. this would help when the home owner is in the hospital or on vacation to all for the operation to continue to be of valuable