The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

My bank and inventory are full of furniture! Help

FloppyTouch
FloppyTouch
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I have so much furniture and no place to place it. This is stuff that is very expensive and I don't want to sell.

I have redecorated my home a few times, I have it the way I like it. From doing this I filled up my bank with over 100 furniture items and my character inventory with about 80 slots. Most of this stuff is luxury furniture from the vendor or yellow stuff like statues and thrones. I might want to use these items in the future and selling is not an option.

What I would like to see is them add in a storage unit to home like a shed/garage. This would only hold housing furniture and items and we would be able to pull from it in the housing editor. Maybe add more slots for eso plus or unlimited amount and say 100-200 slots for none eso plus memebers(just throwing out numbers)

Edited by FloppyTouch on August 18, 2017 6:48AM
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I use my free Inn rooms as storage lock-ups. My Rosie lion room, for instance, holds all of the bolted paintings that I might want to use to build walls and partitions at some point.
    PC EU
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I use my free Inn rooms as storage lock-ups. My Rosie lion room, for instance, holds all of the bolted paintings that I might want to use to build walls and partitions at some point.

That really great advice some one just told me that I could also use an ult character and just park it at my house. It's job would only be to decorate.

Just wish there was something in game so we didn't have to do these work arounds.
  • verde_torchbug
    /lovingly cradles her EQ II Moving Boxes for every house.

• Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That really great advice some one just told me that I could also use an ult character and just park it at my house. It's job would only be to decorate.

Just wish there was something in game so we didn't have to do these work arounds.

That's exactly what I do. But I have to keep upping the inventory slots.....that furniture does take a heck of a lot of space. Shame we don't have the same as in Skyrim, where you could simply chuck everything into a bottomless storage chest/piece of furniture.

• logarifmik
    logarifmik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 3 classical houses and use 2 of them as a storage for furniture.
    EU PC: @logarifmik | Languages: Русский, English
    Dimitri Frernis | Breton Sorcerer | Damage Dealer | Daggerfall Covenant
    Scales-of-Ice | Argonian Warden | Tank / Healer | Daggerfall Covenant
  • TerraDewBerry
    TerraDewBerry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We need a furniture bag... asap! The bag could divide into categories like: tables, chairs, planks, flowers, rocks, beds, lighting, paintings, hedges.. etc. Please, ZOS make this furniture bag a reality for us!!
    Edited by TerraDewBerry on August 18, 2017 12:53PM
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Free inn rooms+humblemud (40k house) will hold a lot of furniture for very cheap!
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We need a furniture bag... asap! The bag could divide into categories like: tables, chairs, planks, flowers, rocks, beds, lighting, paintings, hedges.. etc. Please, ZOS make this furniture bag a reality for us!!

This!

We already have a craftbag. So how hard can it be?
  • resdayn00
    resdayn00
    ✭✭✭
    Furniture bags would be nice. But there are plenty of homes available that are relatively cheap and can be used as storages for furniture. If you also have a mule I don't think there should be a problem, maybe just in the most extreme cases.
    PC EU - Ebonheart Pact
    Resdayn Indoril, Dunmer Magicka Nightblade - Main

Pactum Dunmeri | Ard Feainn | Aetherius Art | Kley Guild

Achievement points: 26k+
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thing with storing your furniture in another home (ie not in the decorator's inventory) is that you would keep hopping backwards and forwards to retrieve items that you think might look nice in whichever place you are in the process of decorating.

So much more convenient to have all your furnishing items instantly available, don't you think?
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a bad idea. Storage sheds! You can store your stuff in them and access them from your home but it costs a certain amount of gold each week to keep it. Don't pay for two weeks and your stuff goes up for sale.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »
    I have a bad idea. Storage sheds! You can store your stuff in them and access them from your home but it costs a certain amount of gold each week to keep it. Don't pay for two weeks and your stuff goes up for sale.

Bad idea, correct!!!! ;)

It would still be in one place (fine if you have only one home). And :

1) You shouldn't have to pay to store your stuff.

2) Forget to pay, or go on holiday/be away from the game for more than two weeks and your stuff goes poof?

[snip]
    [edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 22, 2023 4:39PM
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    as for storing items in another house, there are several small homes that are only 50-70k with a LOT of space to store furniture. The small redguard house is pretty big for being considered "small"

the alliance "apartments" are also pretty spacious for being very cheap (~12k)
    Edited by emilyhyoyeon on August 19, 2017 2:39PM
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • Tucker3711
    Tucker3711
    ✭✭✭
    All you have to do Is use a apartment as a storage ware house or buy ESO plus
    @Tucker311- PC
    Tucker3711
    Nord Beth Rose (EP)
    Imperial Freya Var (DC)
    High Elf Hestia du foyer (AD)
    Wood Elf Epona Caoin (AD)
    Hotstuff Queen
  • MUSTACHMAN654
    MUSTACHMAN654
    ✭✭
    Well, you could use your free inn room that you started off with to store some until you need it. Or you could get another house and customize it to your liking with all of that furniture.
  • MUSTACHMAN654
    MUSTACHMAN654
    ✭✭
    Btw, how did you get the gold to buy that much furniture?
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aurelle1 wrote: »
    kargen27 wrote: »

Bad idea, correct!!!! ;)

It would still be in one place (fine if you have only one home). And :

1) You shouldn't have to pay to store your stuff.

2) Forget to pay, or go on holiday/be away from the game for more than two weeks and your stuff goes poof?

[snip]

My idea is bad but not so bad as you think. I meant that the storage shed would be somewhere in a town like the banks are. You put your stuff in and no matter what house you are in you get access to it. Still a bad idea though.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 22, 2023 4:40PM
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You get 4 free apartments that have a furniture limit of 30.

You can buy 3 more apartments for 11-13k/each that have a furniture limit of 100. That's 420 furniture slots for ~35k gold.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on August 20, 2017 6:31AM
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None of you are getting my point. If you are in the process of decorating one of your homes, the last thing you want to have to do is:

1. Try and remember which storage appartment/property you might have left the item of furniture you think may be right.
    2. Port out of house to retrieve said bit of furniture.
    3. Realise you've got the wrong place, so try another. Repeat until you find it.
    4. Port back to house being decorated to place item.

Realise that it doesn't look right after all.

5. Rinse and repeat.

The only totally convenient way to do it is to have all your furnishing in a dedicated furnishing character's inventory where it is instantly accessible....and thus also able to instantly replace and pick something else.

But there you run into inventory space problems eventually. So the next step is to have overflow items stored in your bank with access via an in-house NPC banker. If you have room in your bank for that stuff.

Not sure what the answer is really, except increase inventory/bank spaces. [snip]

[edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 22, 2023 4:40PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have so much furniture and no place to place it. This is stuff that is very expensive and I don't want to sell.

I have redecorated my home a few times, I have it the way I like it. From doing this I filled up my bank with over 100 furniture items and my character inventory with about 80 slots. Most of this stuff is luxury furniture from the vendor or yellow stuff like statues and thrones. I might want to use these items in the future and selling is not an option.

What I would like to see is them add in a storage unit to home like a shed/garage. This would only hold housing furniture and items and we would be able to pull from it in the housing editor. Maybe add more slots for eso plus or unlimited amount and say 100-200 slots for none eso plus memebers(just throwing out numbers)

Buy 9 more accounts and open up your own Excess Furniture Guild, then store all the stuff in the guild bank.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Sheyta
    Sheyta
    ✭✭✭
    Yes a furniture slot bag would be a good idea

I not sure why limiting bag space is so incredible fun for mmorpg Dev's or Corp.

I played eve online there's a unlimited hangar there

And there's no error or problem using that.
    I still have all stuff left in a hangar from alphabeta.

No market problem or any problem arise in eve due to unlimited storage.

• Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sheyta wrote: »
    Yes a furniture slot bag would be a good idea

I not sure why limiting bag space is so incredible fun for mmorpg Dev's or Corp.

I played eve online there's a unlimited hangar there

And there's no error or problem using that.
    I still have all stuff left in a hangar from alphabeta.

No market problem or any problem arise in eve due to unlimited storage.

This.

I forgot about the furniture bag suggestion. It's the obvious answer.
  • Sheyta
    Sheyta
    ✭✭✭
    As a lot don't see the point :)
    _ I have a idea email your furniture's to me
    I will take God care of them

Joking aside a furniture bag or special storage for furniture's is a god idea
    Edited by Sheyta on August 20, 2017 3:28PM
  • Cyn_v84
    Cyn_v84
    ✭✭✭
    This one would like to decon all excess furniture and get the mats back, or at least a portion of them. Why is this not an option?
  • Sheyta
    Sheyta
    ✭✭✭
    Well a deconstruction of furniture is another idea not sure how wood materials will come back in bits as in irl or magical be back as whole wood planks?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cyn_v84 wrote: »
    This one would like to decon all excess furniture and get the mats back, or at least a portion of them. Why is this not an option?

Honestly, when Housing was first described, someone called it a "diorama". This is important because I think that ZOS thinks of this first pass much the same. It is intended that you go out, buy a house, make or acquire some furniture, arrange said furniture in said house, and you are done. You can then stand there and admire your work, much the same as you would a diorama.

I think that the intent is for them to come back and do a second pass over Housing to take it beyond that. I hear rumors that they are doing exactly that, but nothing specific has been mentioned.

There was not a reason to flesh out Housing because they intended to come back to it.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Ekadzati
    Ekadzati
    ✭✭✭
    There should be a "furniture bag" that is account wide just as there is with materials and bound items.

Not only would this bring close to a (clearly unintended) gap of consistency, it would mean I could go back to being the hoard..... um... tasteful collector of fine furnishings I intended to be.
    Registration date: November 2013
    Geek since 1974.
    Girl Gamer since 1976.
    Granny since 2014.
    Gut shooter since forever.
    Don't say you weren't warned.
    (Now where's my cane and why are you on my lawn?)

• Ekadzati
    Ekadzati
    ✭✭✭
    In related news, this item on the company site:

https://jobs.zenimax.com/requisitions/view/1377

I was tempted. I'm a product manager/analyst, I've worked "in industry" (albeit a LONG time ago and for a company that, sadly, didn't make it, but that wasn't MY fault), and I am among the OG proselytizers for effective and balanced monetization of appearance, vanity, and collectibles in gaming.

But, they're in MD and I'm in WA and I'm not relocating and .... sigh... I really do need to just take this desire to return to the industry out back and shoot it.

Housing has so many possibilities that it's silly. And, were a company tactical about it, I suspect a good number of resources are available from a certain, recently defunct voxel-based builder. Not a perfect fit, by a long shot, but a significant skeleton upon which many things could hang... particularly if moved to cloud-based instancing of player housing areas.

But let me not get started on product and monetization dreams I have for games like ESO. (kicks eager puppy thoughts back under the chair)
    Registration date: November 2013
    Geek since 1974.
    Girl Gamer since 1976.
    Granny since 2014.
    Gut shooter since forever.
    Don't say you weren't warned.
    (Now where's my cane and why are you on my lawn?)

• megajra
    megajra
    ✭✭
    I agree that furniture bag is great idea :)

Is there any way to send that to ZOS or we can only wish that someone reads it and takes it under consideration?
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rest assured that someone will read it, to make sure the post doesn't violate TOS.