The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Cannot Research Traits

Mongoose
Mongoose
For days I've been showing 2/3 traits and now today one more finally updated so I'm researching 1/3 but I still cannot research more.

I have the correct items in my bag, yes I clicked E and the trait was researchable. Not sure what to do and this website will not show me a support ticket, googled the crap out of it and everything points to Web Assistance and I still cannot find a support ticket. Disabled pop up blocker and everything.

Please help!
  • LostIt
    LostIt
    Soul Shriven
    Same thing here. I am using 2 of 3 research slots in Blacksmithing but still getting the message saying I have no research slots available. The response I got was:

"Greetings!

Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online Team. My name is Jose, and it's my pleasure to assist you today.

Please provide screenshots of the research slots along with the error message you are receiving when you try to use the third. Be sure to include the name of the character(s) having this issue.

Please try the following:

Disable all add-ons before trying the steps below:

Start The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited launcher.
    Click the Game Options dropdown menu in the center column and select the Repair option.
    Allow the launcher to examine all the files for the game. If any files are found to have problems, the launcher will re-download those files. This may look like it is restarting the entire process, but it is proceeding normally and it is not re-downloading the entire game.
    Once the repair is finished, restart the game.
    Please let us know whether this resolves your issue. We look forward to hearing back from you. If you ever have any other questions or concerns, do not hesitate to contact us again! We'll be happy to assist you.

Thank you for your continued interest and support!

Warm Regards,
    Jose
    The Elder Scrolls Online Team"
    LostIt - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
    LostIt - Breton Sorcerer
  • LostIt
    LostIt
    Soul Shriven
    Just finished the repair as suggested after disabling all of my installed addons and still "No available research slots". Not sure if this is affecting more than my Blacksmithing yet. I already finished all of my woodworking research. I have 19 hours before I'll have a Clothing research slot available to check.

I had recently used some of those research time reduction scrolls (first time) from some crown crates ESO gave me. Might have something to do with them.

eso64%202017-08-17%2010-09-03-64.png
    LostIt - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
    LostIt - Breton Sorcerer
  • Lex7xeL
    Lex7xeL
    ✭✭
    Same problem. I cannot research woodworking traits, blacksmithing and clothing work fine.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"