The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Nirnhoned trait for research - where to find ?

woufff
woufff
✭✭✭✭
I'm looking to complete my research and was wondering where I can find materials to do so ? Are they dropping somewhere or are they given as reward for some quests? If yes, which ones?
Edited by woufff on August 16, 2017 7:48PM
PC/EU&NA - Redguard Nightblade - Grand Master Crafter - Explorer of Tamriel & Skyrim - Playing Starfield (and awaiting TES VI ^^)

Best Answers

• Dasovaruilos
    Dasovaruilos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You get one Nirnhoned piece per character when you complete the Craglorn main story. It's random.

To get other pieces, you can either buy from guild traders or have someone craft them for you (usually the best choice).

Both stones for Nirnhohed on armor and weapons drop from nodes in Craglorn. I don't know the chance exactly but I get one Potent or Fortified Nirncrux (used to make Nirn weapons and armor, respectively) every 50 or so nodes I pickup there.
    Edited by Dasovaruilos on August 16, 2017 7:55PM
    Answer ✓
  • Lotka
    Lotka
    ✭✭✭
    For research, I get armor and weapons with nirnhoned trait from guild traders in Craglorn and I trade nirncrux with friends for nirnhoned items. You can also farm nodes to get nirncrux in craglorn.
    Edited by Lotka on August 16, 2017 8:08PM
    PC NA Server
    Answer ✓
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    im on PC EU if you need items for research ;)

@SaintSubwayy
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

Answer ✓
  • ricam
    ricam
    ✭✭✭
    What platform are you on?
    PS4 NA. Ebonheart Pact, Dark Elf, Sorcerer
  • woufff
    woufff
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks already for the first answer and sorry, I forgot, I'm playing on PC.
    PC/EU&NA - Redguard Nightblade - Grand Master Crafter - Explorer of Tamriel & Skyrim - Playing Starfield (and awaiting TES VI ^^)
  • ricam
    ricam
    ✭✭✭
    woufff wrote: »
    Thanks already for the first answer and sorry, I forgot, I'm playing on PC.

Got ya. I was gonna offer to make you research pieces but I'm on PS4. You may be able to get some guild mates to craft you items if you locate the mats.
    PS4 NA. Ebonheart Pact, Dark Elf, Sorcerer
  • woufff
    woufff
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, got it, Craglorn is the place to visit in my next travels :)
  • Lotka
    Lotka
    ✭✭✭
    I'm @lotka on PC/NA, if you're interested. Take care :)
    PC NA Server
  • woufff
    woufff
    ✭✭✭✭
    thanks @Lotka, but I'm on the EU server :) Take care.
  • woufff
    woufff
    ✭✭✭✭
    im on PC EU if you need items for research ;)

@SaintSubwayy

Cool, thanks, I might indeed contact you per ingame mail for one or another item :)
  • Mithrazielle
    Mithrazielle
    ✭✭
    I'm looking to trade nirnhoned armor and weapons in exchange for pieces I don't have. Heavy items only, for now.

I can be messaged in game/on-xbox @ 'Dagoth Vizar'
  • goldenflameslinger
    goldenflameslinger
    ✭✭✭
    I would just ask guildies if they can make some for you. Farm the mats in Craglorn and then offer to provide them if someone can make you whatever you need to research. I will usually do it for a guildie if they ask when I happen to be on my crafter.

Just don’t send more than one or two nirncrux to anyone you don’t know. Some people will rip you off, guildie or not. Usually doesn’t happen with people in your guild but they could be a newbie to the guild and not be on the up and up.

Start slow, don’t ask for too many at once, and consider sending them a tip when they complete the item. Usually not required but a nice way to get them to want to make more for you in the future.
    PS4 NA DC id: goldenflamesling
  • stitchesofdooom
    stitchesofdooom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Guild stores. 2k max for armour, 20k max for weapons. Or farm the crux in upper craglorn and ask a friend to craft
    Say NO to Crown Crates. Crown Crates are Loot Boxes. Loot Boxes are gambling. Zenimax makes enough money off us.
    ESO+ is part of the "Games as a service" trend. A trend that needs to die. Subscribe only when you need Crowns for DLC.
    Say no to "radiant" junk quests replacing proper side content and the dumbing down of our favorite franchises.
    PCMR EU.