The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Sotha Sil (EU PC)

• Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Comparing it to Vivec, Sotha feels like heaven, though.

It is beyond me why anyone would consistently play under Vivec prime time performance conditions.

no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

guild master, raid leader, janitor, and only member of Zergbored
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bergzorn wrote: »
    Comparing it to Vivec, Sotha feels like heaven, though.

It is beyond me why anyone would consistently play under Vivec prime time performance conditions.

I honestly don't get it either, haha. :#
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's beyond me why people would group up into a ball and cause excessive extra lag, and yet still they do.
  • Jaxaxo
    Jaxaxo
    ✭✭✭✭
    dtsharples wrote: »
    It's beyond me why people would group up into a ball and cause excessive extra lag, and yet still they do.

The thing is, it's not ball group casuing lag, but ppl stacking so much to kill that ball group :D
    Forum War - pro AC side

EU PC Azura Star/Sotha Sil/Bahlokdaan/Ravenwatch
    Triggered Tryhards / Aetherius Art / LND / DC-PD

DC - Frostitute magden
    AD - Pees-under-Trees magden
    DC - Lemme Dark Deal stamsorc
    EP - Lemme Dark Déal stamsorc
    Youtube
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Lieblingsjunge

Please stay at Vivec when you aren’t on AD. This Permafrost train sh*t is really annoying. ;)
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The ball-groups themselves don't cause the lag. But the 50 pugs spamming siege/skills to kill that ball-group is causing lag. Then you have ball-groups using skills to countering that. Then you end up with 50 ppl spamming skills vs. 10-15 spamming skills... vs... A server. And server loses. Poor server. Poor hamsters.
    Feanor wrote: »
    @Lieblingsjunge

Please stay at Vivec when you aren’t on AD. This Permafrost train sh*t is really annoying. ;)

ZS don't run permafrost tho.. .Or if we do, that's pretty rarely :| There are other things that work better on Sotha >:)
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ball groups / big groups in general are the true culprit due to the extra calculations needing to be performed by the server.
    (*Additional lag, not the base lag because the servers are trash)
    This is why I think they should make grouping in Cyrodiil cap at 10 people maximum.

There is a huge difference between 40 un-grouped individuals using skills, and 20 grouped individuals using skills.
    The calculations needed go into the thousands.
    There is a very informed and detailed post elsewhere about the calculations required and their adverse effects on game-play performance.
    But this isn't a post about ball-groups so I'll leave it there and bow out :) thx
  • killimandrosb16_ESO
    killimandrosb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just wanted to add that complaining about a group trying to organize themself the best way possible with the available tools within the game engine is silly. The lags father is Wrobel. ZS's father is a goat.
  • MLRPZ
    MLRPZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    can't agree more on the goat part
    AD // Marc the Epic Goat // Templar // AR50
    EP // The Goatfather // Templar // AR44
    AD // Unforgoatable // Sorc // AR33
    EP // You Goat Rekt // NB // AR28
    EP // Bill Goats // Swarden // AR28
    AD // Goat Ya // NB // AR24
    AD // Unforgoatten // StamDK // AR 21
    DC // Egoatcentric // Stamsorc // AR16

and many unused PVE chars

REMOVE FACTION LOCK

AoE Rats
    RIP Zerg Squad
    RIP Banana Squad Inc
    Not your typical goat

• Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The ball-groups themselves don't cause the lag. But the 50 pugs spamming siege/skills to kill that ball-group is causing lag. Then you have ball-groups using skills to countering that. Then you end up with 50 ppl spamming skills vs. 10-15 spamming skills... vs... A server. And server loses. Poor server. Poor hamsters.
    Feanor wrote: »
    @Lieblingsjunge

ZS don't run permafrost tho.. .Or if we do, that's pretty rarely :| There are other things that work better on Sotha >:)

But you are initiating it and enforcing such situations with your homekeep farming. I played Sotha for quite a while, your impact performance wise on the compaign is unbelievably high. It is smooth literally up to the point you guys group up, then it becomes unplayable. Before you came to Sotha it was smooth 24/7 (yeah, there was moderate lags from time to time, but not those massive skill delays and whole game becoming "slower" the moment your farm starts).

No hostility, but I find it highly irritating that such a small number of people basically destroy any prospect for quality evening pvp for a much larger amount of people. I find it even more irritating that you guys are so ignorant about it, after years of it being obvious. Split up for God's sake, the game can't handle the situations you are initiating.

Not even talking about the permanent infight-bug that is caused by ballgroups (since you dont die). I cant count the times I was porting/riding to Arrius just to see what the swords where about, you being top floor farming - me being bottom floor or even outside inner keep (just passing by) and still tagged "inifght" and unable to mount, port, "stuck" until suicide.

Really, I can't stress enough, that I purposely try to not be hostile, but in all honesty - your playstyle has the most massive detrimental effect on the open world pvp experience (performance wise). You basically neutralize any chance for quality pvp on the entire map.
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm no fan of the various ball groups, but you can't blame them for grouping up and playing the game in a very effective way.

It would be ZOS' responsibility to create a state with acceptable server performance, which would probably require considerable game changes, in coding and design.
    no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

• Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm no fan of the various ball groups, but you can't blame them for grouping up and playing the game in a very effective way.

It would be ZOS' responsibility to create a state with acceptable server performance, which would probably require considerable game changes, in coding and design.

But I learned in 4 years that won't happen, the only thing that actually can happen is that players show a bit of decency and common sense, instead of going full ignorance mode "It wasn't me" or even better "we know we cause it (directly or indirectly) but we don't care cause its not our responisbility".

If the game cannot handle my playstyle and I'm actively making the game performance for the entire pvp community worse - wouldnt it be the grown up decision to alter the playstyle - simply out of respect for the community that enjoys the same game like I do?
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
  • MLRPZ
    MLRPZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But I learned in 4 years that won't happen, the only thing that actually can happen is that players show a bit of decency and common sense, instead of going full ignorance mode "It wasn't me" or even better "we know we cause it (directly or indirectly) but we don't care cause its not our responisbility".

If the game cannot handle my playstyle and I'm actively making the game performance for the entire pvp community worse - wouldnt it be the grown up decision to alter the playstyle - simply out of respect for the community that enjoys the same game like I do?

Yeah but what then ?
    Zerg from keep to keep with the zerg ?

Nah thanks
    AD // Marc the Epic Goat // Templar // AR50
    EP // The Goatfather // Templar // AR44
    AD // Unforgoatable // Sorc // AR33
    EP // You Goat Rekt // NB // AR28
    EP // Bill Goats // Swarden // AR28
    AD // Goat Ya // NB // AR24
    AD // Unforgoatten // StamDK // AR 21
    DC // Egoatcentric // Stamsorc // AR16

and many unused PVE chars

REMOVE FACTION LOCK

AoE Rats
    RIP Zerg Squad
    RIP Banana Squad Inc
    Not your typical goat

• Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to admit that I was utterly disappointed when i realized that merely a quarter (and this is generous) of the ESO PvP players seem willing to show some
    respect for the community that enjoys the same game like I do

Anyhow, I'm trying to be part of the solution by more or less not banging my head against ball groups. Except when they trigger me by stealing a tick that my faction worked hard for and I wanted to leech.

no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

• Thlepse
    Thlepse
    ✭✭✭
    arf...you should just move to an area where there is less people..

its not hard I mean ive seen somebody doing dolmen farms in cyrodil during the prime time lag. To me, thats a smart and innovative way around the lag because honestly who doesnt want to sell Dylora's staff in guild traders these days ?i think the 2 DC who were questing in Haynote cave caused most of the lag recently (because they ultidumped THREE NPC MONSTERS)
  • The_Camper
    The_Camper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    * Logs in to EP faction after a queue of 73
    * Reads zone chat.
    - @ Myuxa: type +myx for group.
    - @ MinimumDamager: exterminate blues.
    - @ QueenBavarian: but they are already at the gates.
    - @ MageStapler: go back to your faction you relogger.
    - 15 lfg messages
    - @ xXxarnold_schwarzeneggerxXx: 2 AD in arrius lumber. need help fast
    - @ Myuxa: omg AD zerg is incoming faregyl. port fast.

*Ports to Faregyl. insufferable lag

* Proceeds to blame the 15 players who are grouped up in a ball, but not the Draco, DE, Loups and the 2 other full pug raids stacked into 1 keep, casting about 150 AOEs per second at the said ball group"
    Edited by The_Camper on September 11, 2018 2:36PM
  • Thlepse
    Thlepse
    ✭✭✭
    Logs in to AD faction after a queue of -32 Low pop bonus/Low score bonus/pledges already done bonus
    * Reads zone chat.
    - @ rellik: GOGO CHOO CHOO TRAIN TO GLADEMIST
    - @ cerpax: can someone please whisper the guy who solo'd my 8 man sload group ? i cant cause i blocked him/her already.
    - @ QueenBarbarian: whoops i meant to log into DC faction, sorry guise.
    - @ snakeoops: lfm bombing zerg, can we stay in sneak as 24man group at sejanus until breach please?
    - @ magiqall: eh why cant i go back inside home base ? i am at the southern high rock gate

*Ports to Ash: Guys there are 3 DC at farm and 400 EP at lumber!!! need help @ farm

* Proceeds to blame the 15 xXlegolasxX420 noscope snipers who are grouped up in a ball in the north ash tower, but not the stamDK, bunnyhop magsorc, Light attack spammer and the 2 other full hp players fighting the good fight outside ash main gate, casting about 5 AOEs per hour at the 3 DC at ash farm
    Edited by Thlepse on September 11, 2018 3:12PM
  • Trian94
    Trian94
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why argue when we can all blame CoachPower together?
    PC EU

Stamina Socerer main - Northam Stormborn
  • Aki-Ral
    Aki-Ral
    ✭✭✭
    Sotha better then Vivec these days?
    EU - PC
  • killimandrosb16_ESO
    killimandrosb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aki-Ral wrote: »
    Sotha better then Vivec these days?

depends what youre looking for. AD and dc mostly running on 1 bar, ep poplocked for the majority of the 24 hours of the day. If youre looking for decent fights, then no, vivec is far better. If you just wanna run like a herring inside the mother of all zergs, ep sotha sil is your pick
  • CrazYDunm3r
    CrazYDunm3r
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sotha used to be pretty decent for fights, but recently I haven't gotten any 1vX videos because the X part became exponentially bigger. At this point I only see competent mobile classes being able to do that or nightblades. I got a few clips, but nothing like before, it is unbearable.

That aside, that isn't even my worst issue. I can deal with large numbers for a period of time, but when the server performance also fails you, then it is evident I sometimes ragequit the game. I don't mind the zerg mentality, I get it, people without skill, less skill or new players also want efficient ways to kill people. Agreed, they trigger me sometimes to the point where I break my own rule and become "toxic", but I try to avoid it. But with this bigger zerg meta and the server performance I found myself to be toxic more often.

ZOS has abandoned this issue for years, very consciously may I add. It is a understandable decision, because PvP isn't their main gain, but it is also a very frustrating one for a almost full PvP'er. I wouldn't say issues are caused by specific groups or players, I would say it is the incompetence and utter lack of will to fix PvP by ZOS.

I love this game, I really do. I just hope they can finally make some improvements for everyone, because as seen in this discussion, there are a lot of problems.

Greetz,
    Glorious Wingtard
    YouTube
    Triggered Tryhards
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love this game, I really do. I just hope they can finally make some improvements for everyone, because as seen in this discussion, there are a lot of problems.

Major Spoiler Inc.: they wont and they never will because they cant charge base game content like they do with their *** two-dungeon DLCs every 3 months

thats why I have just given up on this game
    Edited by ATomiX96 on September 11, 2018 10:22PM
  • Flamingfunk
    Flamingfunk
    ✭✭✭
    I'm wondering: How many players are needed to make a zerg?
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The first half of one of my chars is enough.
    no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

• Leeched
    Leeched
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends:
    On DC a zerg is a group of 2 skilled players
    On AD a zerg is a group of 10+ NB's in sneak spamming snipe
    On EP a zerg is a group of at least 50+ solo players with light attacks
    :trollface:
    (DC) Grimsley - MagSorc || Denderan - StamPlar || Phaedon - StamBlade || Oberon - MagPlar || Leontes - StamSorc || Saroush - MagDk || Culan - StamDen || Dullahan - StamDk
    Ruvik - MagBlade || Tivil - MagDen || Juval - MagNecro || Gargrave - StamNecro
    (EP) Vicio - MagBlade || Clavigo - MagPlar || Peritas - MagDen || Fedrak - MagSorc
    (AD) Maledicto - MagBlade || Voriak - StamBlade

PC EU || Currently CP 1500+
    Azura's Star Sotha Sil
    I serve bombs ღ - retired
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People generally are not ready to make sacrifices for others in this game, since it is an online game, nothing is really personnel and so on.

I understand, that people do not want to change their habit and playstyles for others, they do not want to give up their own fun for others, because people in online games are egoistic.

This applies to ballgroups, knowing, what they are causing. They really go for those fight, where dozens of randoms are running behind them like chickens to the moment the ballgroup turns around with ultimates and causes a carped of bodies. Ballgroups know, that they cause lag, they attract many enemies to defeat them, it is only logical that lag is the results, because more and more people will stack in one place the longer the fight is going.

But the same goes for nightcapping, morningcapping and zerging like EP on Sotha. It makes for everyone else a bad experience in PvP, but neither red hordes nor ballgroups nor night/morningcappers will stop it, because they have fun doing so and they are not interested in the experience others have.

Otherwise we could log in everyday to a balanced map with equal populations. We would not see faction stacking, we would see fight all over the map, etc....
  • Trian94
    Trian94
    ✭✭✭✭
    HELLO MAG SORC MAINS LUL
    PC EU

Stamina Socerer main - Northam Stormborn
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thlepse wrote: »
    Logs in to AD faction after a queue of -32 Low pop bonus/Low score bonus/pledges already done bonus
    * Reads zone chat.
    - @ rellik: GOGO CHOO CHOO TRAIN TO GLADEMIST
    - @ cerpax: can someone please whisper the guy who solo'd my 8 man sload group ? i cant cause i blocked him/her already.
    - @ QueenBarbarian: whoops i meant to log into DC faction, sorry guise.
    - @ snakeoops: lfm bombing zerg, can we stay in sneak as 24man group at sejanus until breach please?
    - @ magiqall: eh why cant i go back inside home base ? i am at the southern high rock gate

*Ports to Ash: Guys there are 3 DC at farm and 400 EP at lumber!!! need help @ farm

* Proceeds to blame the 15 xXlegolasxX420 noscope snipers who are grouped up in a ball in the north ash tower, but not the stamDK, bunnyhop magsorc, Light attack spammer and the 2 other full hp players fighting the good fight outside ash main gate, casting about 5 AOEs per hour at the 3 DC at ash farm

Quite accurate.
    Dont forget stolen sieges.
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • CrazYDunm3r
    CrazYDunm3r
    ✭✭✭✭
    Better to just delete all mag classes in this meta and zergs anyways
    YouTube
    Triggered Tryhards
  • Deep_01
    Deep_01
    ✭✭✭✭
    Trian94 wrote: »
    HELLO MAG SORC MAINS LUL

Hi Hi !

P.S. Quitting pvp and pve if changes goes live :)
    Edited by Deep_01 on September 17, 2018 9:10PM
    @Deepan on PC-EU