The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Disconnected everytime moving to a new zone

ydeirt
ydeirt
✭✭
I got this weird thing going, so as the title says, i got dc'ed everytime i move to a new zone whether its delving on map dungeon or the actual dungeon. Its really annoying, been dc'ed 30+ times yesterday trying to get into an outlaw refuge and dungeons which made me got kicked out of the group.
And fyi, my connection is fine i had enough people telling me its about connection, its not. Its never occured to me before the lastest patch.
I also occasionally got dc'ed after selecting character which get to infinite loading then dc'ed. Any other games i played don't have this kind of problem.
I'm on pc na steam linked.
Already trying to fix it through
-use repair on launcher
-deleting zos_ingame.lua
-restarting my pc
Anyone got a fix for this?
  • ydeirt
    ydeirt
    ✭✭
    Its getting ridiculous, i can't no longer count how many times that i got dc'ed when trying to go to a different zone. Anything that led me to a loading screen will ended up booting me out of the game into the login screen with "an error has occured etc. etc." then proceed to troll me further when i tried to pick a toon to play, i got "requesting character load" then back to login screen with the same "error has occured" message.
    I've tried several other fixes from almost anything available,
    -changing program data folder name
    -dns flush
    -set ip to static
    -turn off all addons
    I can only get to play after 10-20 retries EACH TIME just to login then proceed to get booted again because thats the only way you play, lots of loading screen.
    The only small fix that i found is using vpn which is really sucks, unstable ping, laggy, rubberbandd and occasional dc, pretty much unplayable. Even take too much effort just to kill, say a normal adds. Altho when i don't use any vpn, connection is pretty stable even with the loading issue.
    So please, fix that damn issue.
    I didn't buy the game only just to stare at the loading screen for hours.
    Edited by ydeirt on August 17, 2017 8:51PM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Disconnections that happen in game are usually connection related and can have a variety of causes. @ydeirt as you've already done extensive troubleshooting in trying to resolve your disconnections, we suggest submitting a support ticket for further assistance. Please make sure to include all the troubleshooting you've listed here along with a game consultant.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • ydeirt
    ydeirt
    ✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    Disconnections that happen in game are usually connection related and can have a variety of causes. @ydeirt as you've already done extensive troubleshooting in trying to resolve your disconnections, we suggest submitting a support ticket for further assistance. Please make sure to include all the troubleshooting you've listed here along with a game consultant.

Update after the maintenance, it changes nothing for me. I still got that "an error has occured" when moving to other zone.
    I guess i'll try sending a support ticket, thanks.

Update 1: It took hours for me today just to get into delve [and i'm still trying atm].. and there still no answer from CS. Its really frustrating in days, i just wanna relax and play the freakin game..

Update 2: Now i'm getting "Connection to server timed out"..
    Edited by ydeirt on August 19, 2017 3:52PM
  • ydeirt
    ydeirt
    ✭✭
    Update 3: Just incase anyone need it. I found a temporary fix, i use a vpn. I no longer get dc'ed while moving through zone, dungeons or delves.
    Just find something that fast and stable and becareful of fake ones.
  • ValkynSketha
    ValkynSketha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Call your isp, this is a problem caused by continuous change in IP address.
  • ydeirt
    ydeirt
    ✭✭
    Call your isp, this is a problem caused by continuous change in IP address.

Probably, but before the latest DLC update i never encounter this. Anyway, i'm gonna change my ISP soon. So i'll just hold on to it just for a while with this.
    Leaving the updates here only to let know some people that probably have the same problems.

Update: after the 3.1.6 patch, login took almost 5 mins, yay ZOS!
    Edited by ydeirt on August 21, 2017 3:29PM