Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cannot purchase subscription via Steam Client or via Steam website

switch_deftwind
Probably something Valve-side, but preventing me from giving you guys money so I figured I'd hit you guys up as well.

When I select any subscription package (ESO+) in Steam and "Add to Cart," it takes me to an empty cart, with the caption "Added to cart!" and all the buttons greyed out. Tried on Mac and PC via proprietary client, Firefox, Safari.

Is this a known issue, and any eta on a fix? All the money I can spend on ESO this month is stuck in a steam wallet now, so I can't just go through bethesda.net.

Thanks in advance,
Switch Starlight
Spinner for Y'ffre
a curator, The Wildwood Sages Guild
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    If you have a Steam purchase issue, you should contact Steam Support. To do so, click Help from the Steam Launcher and then select Steam Support, or navigate to http://store.steampowered.com/ and click Support.

Please note that in order to purchase Crown Packs or ESO Plus membership on Steam, you must link your Steam and ESO account first. If you have not linked your Steam account to your ESO account, you can find instructions on how to do so here.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • kram0789
    kram0789
    I am having the same issue. I have opened a ticket in both Steam and ESO. If anyone has a solution please post.
  • kram0789
    kram0789
    My problem may be a little different. I had previously purchased a subscription and then cancelled it with the intention of managing it manually, instead of letting the recurring feature charge me. So, I don't need to re-purchase it, I just need to turn it back on in "Manage Subscriptions."

Steam sent me this very helpful solution:
    To manage your recurring game subscription click on your username and select "Account Details" from the drop down menu.
    You may also use this link: https://store.steampowered.com/account

From here, you can edit your payment method on record, cancel a subscription or you can also review past and known upcoming charges. A cancelled subscription will remain active until the paid plan expires. Please note that some Subscription Plans are governed by the game's billing system, in which case you'll need to visit your game account for upcoming billing details.

Steam will also email you billing details upon completion of every transaction.

Check out our Recurring Subscriptions article for more information.

Thanks for using Steam,
    Brian