Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Jewelry crafting and why we do not have that ability to do it.

Defilted
Defilted
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello all,

I have been looking for a reason why we do not have this ability in game to create jewelry. Does anyone know of a reason why this has not happened or will not happen? Has there been an official comment from ZOS? Does this cause a huge imbalance? Is there a plan to add this but it is later in the pipeline of development?

Being able to do this would of course allow crafted sets to really be worked in very nicely into a characters builds, but is the issue that it would make crafted sets OP becasue of how they could be incorporated into a build?

Does anyone have information that states an official response or statement from ZOS on this subject?
XBOX NA
XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whenever this topic comes up, I like to throw out my suggestion for when/if jewelry crafting is implemented:

Make jewelry crafters able to re-slot trait gems for weapons/armor!!! Obviously with some rare materials required to make it not too easy.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have never seen official statements as to why but it is not unusual to keep some slots restricted to different types of acquisition.

I want them go pull weapons out of drop sets so that weapon set slots must be crafted like jewelry must be drops.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zos apparently has concerns about jewelry crafting since it would not be hard to implement outside of creating a new group of matts.
    Whenever this topic comes up, I like to throw out my suggestion for when/if jewelry crafting is implemented:

Make jewelry crafters able to re-slot trait gems for weapons/armor!!! Obviously with some rare materials required to make it not too easy.

Doesn't make sense jewelry crafting can retrait weapons and armor. Makes more sense that the crafts that actually understand the craft could change the trait.
  • Zhaedri
    Zhaedri
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would love jewelry crafting to be added. A more robust jewelry system would be cool to play with.
    @Zhaedri PC NA