The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Noob question on Traits

JKoBnZ
JKoBnZ
How do you get them? I'm guessing from exploring but if anyone can help. Trying to get training trait but not sure how to go about it.
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just kill monsters, complete quests and open treasure chests, eventually you'll get gear with traits.
    Edited by Septimus_Magna on August 15, 2017 11:39AM
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • JKoBnZ
    JKoBnZ
    ok sweet, lol all part of the grind i guess haha
  • TenringOTG
    TenringOTG
    Soul Shriven
    Another option is to buy items from the guild stores. I've gotten several traits that way. You don't need to buy the expensive higher level pieces. Shop around and you can find Normal or Fine pieces that are reasonably priced.

Two good locations I visit are Elden Root (in Grahtwood), and Rawl'kha (in Reapers March).

To save some time, you can search for items by a particular trait.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To summarize:

There are two ways to get traits. Loot mobs and or buy the gear in the guild stores.

Now once your done with the gear, research the trait at a crafting station and then you can make the gear. You need to learn traits to craft special sets so you might as well start with this one. It is one of the most useful until you get to CP160 and even good to have some pieces with it on the way to the CP cap.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    JKoBnZ wrote: »
    How do you get them? I'm guessing from exploring but if anyone can help. Trying to get training trait but not sure how to go about it.

Another possibility is, if you have a guild with crafters, ask for research pieces. I'm not the only crafter who makes research items for guildies for free.

• Thats_So_Wizard
    If you want training trait for weapons I suggest buying weapons from the fighters guild arms man and then researching that and if you want training armor buy from guild stores
  • JKoBnZ
    JKoBnZ
    Awesome. Thanks. Didn't think of doing that