Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Need advice, Bosmer Warden cp177 with bad DPS

TarhielsFlight
Hey everyone,

This is my first MMO and I came into this game with no prior knowledge of how it worked. I created a Warden/Woodelf and wanted to use magicka and a staff. so thats what i did. 2 months later i've learned a bit about the game, joined guild and realized im not where i should be DPS wise. Im only putting out between 7k-20k dps with deep fissure, screaming cliff racer, force pulse and my destruction staff ult. I started looking into builds for bosmers and it seems they work best as stam mage/bow users, also found a Stamina Warden Bow Build “Racer” from alcast. Wondering if i could get some help/feedback please, i just would like to have a dps character that can put out above 20k and not die from 1 hit. Thanks :smiley:
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wood elves are indeed intended as stamina characters. This is because their racial passives are all stamina. It doesn't mean you can't be magic...it'll just mean the character would underperform as magic. The good news is that Wardens are pretty good w their best abilities having magic and stamina morphs, so you can alter the character and it'll play pretty similar to how he is now. To adjust him, you'll want to recast your morphs and take stamina versions, looking for skills that run off stamina, do physical damage, or involve disease and poison. You'll probably also need to adjust your attribute points. To convert to a stam character, just recast them and put every one into stamina.

Once you've converted and leveled those skills, some tips:

- keep working on those Champion Points. Little by little you'll get stronger. As a general rule, most players don't feel,they're performing at a level suitable for vet content until they pass 300 CPs.

- in the meantime, your gear configuration is the best place to focus. You can now start working toward more permanent max level sets. On a dual wield attack bar a warden can wear a 5/5/2 config with a monster helm...lots of possibilities here. Or you can go 5/5/1 or 5/4/1 with a bow. Alcast is a great builder...I won't reinvent the wheel, you're doing well by reading his Warden build pages. I'd tend to advise his dual wield for you first...it's a bit easier to master, then you can try a bow build later if you like.

- as a stam toon you'll want to wear mostly medium armor, with some heavy if you need it for defense. (But a warden can get by with all medium). Medium armor passives are about damage...as you spend in these it'll help.

- once you start collecting the gear you plan to keep a while, start investing in upgrades. Go purple at first...gold helps, but it's not such a huge jump that you need to invest in it until you're very comfortable with your build. The exception is weapons. Moving from purple to gold is worth 15%ish more damage, so upgrade here first.

- now that you've learned the basics, getting dps up is usually a matter of managing your buffs and DOTs. A stam Warden will want to use blossom and netch to keep up major brutality and major savagery...these will massively boost your dps. Then look for attack skills that put dots on enemies between your spam attacks, like poison injection.

That should get you started. Of course, maybe you'd still rather play a magic character. Magic builds are fun. If so, you could always spend on a race change. However, I don't generally recommend this. It's spendy. Instead, if you really want a magic warden (or any other class), just roll a new character.

With your CPs they'll be five times as strong as your main was when you started. You could roll an altmer or Breton mag Warden and get them to vet in 10-12 hours of character work. Then they'd be helping you earn champion points as you work with them. I generally found having multiple vets to be a much easier way to get to max CPs. Multiple characters can work on the easier XP, and the area clears, and dailies...or whatever you like playing, reducing the grind time.