Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Help keep feeling lost/bored/overwhelmed

Vezelle
Vezelle
Do you sometimes or always feel like there's just too much to do in ESO now? Do any of you have and tips or stuff to do to prevent getting bored and start enjoying the game?
I only have one friend who plays this game. I love the game but I don't know where to start. I'm a returnee and have a level 11 toon for pvp, I'm trainning and a level 30 crafter. Any ideas or tips will be much appreciated.
  • ascottk
    ascottk
    ✭✭✭
    Sometimes I start following a quest line if I run across it or follow up with quests I didn't finish. Lately I've been focused on my crafting character & using my templar to level up (just wandering... farming, fishing, skyshard hunting, finding out my DPS at the guild house on a target dummy). I created a few characters with different races & classes so if I get bored I learn these other characters' skills. I tend to experiment a lot (thus no gold!) and try different armor sets & other skills I overlook. Sometimes I'll slot another weapon I rarely use and level it up.

Just focus on one thing or another & most if the time it can lead you into other things that keep the game interesting. Pick up a random quest while wandering. It is very intimidating to consider all the things you can do in this game so one thing at a time.
    The nerf to intelligent internet discussion still hasn't been resolved.

The problem with above average intelligence is that you're treading a sea of idiots.
  • Vezelle
    Vezelle
    ascottk wrote: »
    Sometimes I start following a quest line if I run across it or follow up with quests I didn't finish. Lately I've been focused on my crafting character & using my templar to level up (just wandering... farming, fishing, skyshard hunting, finding out my DPS at the guild house on a target dummy). I created a few characters with different races & classes so if I get bored I learn these other characters' skills. I tend to experiment a lot (thus no gold!) and try different armor sets & other skills I overlook. Sometimes I'll slot another weapon I rarely use and level it up.

Just focus on one thing or another & most if the time it can lead you into other things that keep the game interesting. Pick up a random quest while wandering. It is very intimidating to consider all the things you can do in this game so one thing at a time.

That actually sounds like a great idea thanks. Just focuse on one thing. I'll try that tonight
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How do you get bored in a game where there is 'too much to do'?
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aurelle1 wrote: »

I get it. Its a kind of mental overload "there is too much to do" / hopelessness.

And for me too, "one thing" is kind of a good fix. Even something as simple as "all the dolmens in this zone"
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • GrimClaw
    GrimClaw
    ✭✭✭
    Solution: Think less, do more. Learn to show your brain a stop sign.
    This kind of thinking will lead into depression and no success in whatever you try to do, in RL too.
    I guess you are one of those guys who has tons of ideas but always aborts his projects within a week.

Edited by GrimClaw on August 15, 2017 6:20AM
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »

I get it. Its a kind of mental overload "there is too much to do" / hopelessness.

And for me too, "one thing" is kind of a good fix. Even something as simple as "all the dolmens in this zone"
    This, short term goals, also do that you want to do its a game to have fun in.

Keep the long term ones in mind, level up and do dolmens in zone goes together, the long term is important but not something you do fast.
    It get worse, having many alts, multiply this, however it also give more options, do dungeons on templar, getting skyshards for warden level up the nightblade. Do the DB quests on sorcerer
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Vezelle
    Vezelle
    Thanks that all sounds like a great Idea. I'm going to start at the very first zone and do all the quest and locations/delves in that zone then I'll move to the next. It should be easier because of One Tamriel.
  • erliesc
    erliesc
    ✭✭✭
    I tend to rotate from boredom to getting over-involved in some aspects of the game.

I get a bit stressed out by some of the quests. If this happens I just go out farming for stuff for a while.

At times I get some "brilliant" ideas on how to further my game...I go with these till they peter out...then it might be back to boredom.

Currently I have a "writ" for a chest way the hey on the other side of Cyrodill...I know my character could make it...but it would be a perlilous ride for sure. So it's a balance between boredom and too much excitment....

If you are really bored....head for the big city...lots to do there if you survive that is..... :s

Or try fishing...you'll wonder what the hey all those other people are up to as you fish all day long. :)
    Edited by erliesc on August 16, 2017 12:48AM
    I know nutting....
  • WhoSlappedThePie
    WhoSlappedThePie
    ✭✭✭
    Level up. Do quests. Get good enough to do dungeons. I think at level 50 that is where the game begins. Vet pledges, gear farming, trial runs, vma etc. Focus on leveling up, perfecting your class, making friends and making monies.

If that fails, then go outside and enjoy "real life" but there is also "too much to do" there.
    "It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop."

Current Toons (Max CP):
    Magsorc Breton
    Magblade Darkelf
    Stam DK Redguard
    Healer Templar High Elf
    Tank DK Argonian
    Stamblade Redguard

Completed: vHoF | vMoL | vSO | vSO HM | vAA | vAA HM | vHR | vHR HM | vMA | vDSA
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭

OMG you sound like my ex...
    how can you have nothing to wear you have 2 double wardrobes full of clothes!

To the OP
    I remember when i 1st started playing it was really overwhelming, i used to pick one thing at a time to learn. whether it was a craft or a dundgeon, a character etc

having multiple characters is a great idea for you because you have in interest in crafting
    try to join a crafting/social guild, crafters generally love to help other crafters,
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lost? No
    Overwhelmed? Not in the slightest
    Bored? Absolutely
  • Bladerunner1
    Bladerunner1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ever thought about playing parts of the game as your character with other people doing the same?

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/152863/rping-in-mmos-a-beginners-guide-introduction-to-roleplay
  • CrisXD
    CrisXD
    ✭✭✭
    GrimClaw wrote: »
    Solution: Think less, do more. Learn to show your brain a stop sign.
    This kind of thinking will lead into depression and no success in whatever you try to do, in RL too.
    I guess you are one of those guys who has tons of ideas but always aborts his projects within a week.

This.

Edited by CrisXD on August 18, 2017 3:13PM
    PS4 EU
    Tamriel Dance Masters:
    AD - Altmer MagSorc, Altmer Magplar, Redguard StamBlade(PVP)
    EP - Nord Tank, Altmer MagSorc(PVP), Dunmer MagBlade(PVP)
    DC - Redguard StamWarden, Breton MagDK

GM - The Taverneers PS4 EU

Feeling Fresh Traders PS4 EU
  • RavenSworn
    RavenSworn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    really need to take it a step at a time. cant just try and do everything at once. everytime you log in, try and finish something and do something else the next time you log in.

like for eg:

today i shall do daily crafting writs.
    tomorrow i shall finish up all dolmens in one zones.
    the next day i shall do at least 3 dungeons / daily pledges

and stick with it. it pays to be focus. that way, you get to do all types of content without being overwhelmed. i got the feeling that you are bored because you feel like you never finish up anything and just too lazy to continue to do it. take your time and be focused. thats all i can say.
    Ingame: RavenSworn, Pc / NA.

Of Wolf and Raven
    Solo / Casual guild for beginners and new players wanting to join the game. Pst me for invite!