The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Can we get a "switch character" option on PS4

Heimdal134
It would be so nice to have a switch character option dropdown where you choose which char to switch too instead of having to log in and log out.
I spend sooooo much time on log off and loading screens
  • Bonzodog01
    Bonzodog01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope, cause the system quite simply does not work like that. Your characters are stored in one place and they are then transferred into the world you are playing. They have to be forcibly logged out of the area in which you are playing, then you can login another character at its last known location.
    Xbox One - EU - EP/DC
    Trying and failing to hold the walls of his Templar house up since 2015
  • Krayzie
    Krayzie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bonzodog01 wrote: »
    Nope, cause the system quite simply does not work like that. Your characters are stored in one place and they are then transferred into the world you are playing. They have to be forcibly logged out of the area in which you are playing, then you can login another character at its last known location.

/thread

wait what?

So what you're saying is they couldn't possibly find a way to have a drop down box that performs all the necessary checks/logins/logouts automatically?

I know I'm most likely giving ZoS too much credit considering their general incompetence, but I think OP is saying that he'd like a character select that performs all the functions of logout+choose character+login without manually doing so.
    Edited by Krayzie on August 14, 2017 9:18PM
    I'm a PVE roleplayer concerned about my vampires stage 4 skin tone and keep getting load screens so I came here to distract people from major issues with a rant thread about my characters cosmetic appearance.
  • Bonzodog01
    Bonzodog01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, thinking about it, that is what he's asking for. A way to automate all of that. I would guess it is possible, but there is most likely a reason why this wasn't implemented.
    Xbox One - EU - EP/DC
    Trying and failing to hold the walls of his Templar house up since 2015
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not sure if the process would necessarily be any faster but I think it could be a great QoL thing as far as I am concerned - even if it takes the same amount of time to complete the log off and log on process.

You currently have to wait while you are logged out of one character, select the next character and login. If this were all to happen without you being present, you could visit the bathroom, feed the pets, check the mail, say hello to your other half (I know, some things have to be done) - knowing that your character will be logged in and ready for you when you get back!

Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Heimdal134
    Yep that was the point from she
  • SquareSausage
    SquareSausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heimdal134 wrote: »

Log out and log in?

Edited by SquareSausage on August 30, 2017 1:17PM
    Breakfast King
    PS4 EU
  • EttinTheBreton
    EttinTheBreton
    ✭✭✭
    Bonzodog01 wrote: »
    Yeah, thinking about it, that is what he's asking for. A way to automate all of that. I would guess it is possible, but there is most likely a reason why this wasn't implemented.
    My only thought is the code might be tricky. What happens if the log out fails due to combat, would the automation then try to log your other character in while you are still on the previous character, and then crash? What happens if you successfully log out of one character, and then try to log into your next character, but that fails?

disintegr8 wrote: »
    [snip] If this were all to happen without you being present, you could visit the bathroom, feed the pets, check the mail, say hello to your other half (I know, some things have to be done) - knowing that your character will be logged in and ready for you when you get back
    I can understand where you are coming from, but the only reason I think this shouldn't happen is some people would be gone too long and will be logged out for inactivity if they don't get back to their computer in time. It would be useful for those who pay attention, but it might clog the log in queues with people who are logging in but are afk.
    I stream ESO sometimes! Check my channel for this week's schedule: twitch.tv/EttinTheBreton