Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I want to be able to change alliance like you can do with classes and looks

Sheyta
Sheyta
✭✭✭
I want to be able to change alliance like you can do with classes and looks
I got a old char who are of different alliance of my current guild and
I want too change alliance.

Edited by Sheyta on December 23, 2020 12:41PM
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One can not change class, but just looks, gender and race.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish they'd at least allow an alliance change with the race change token, because I used the race change token, and now have a Dark Elf that's Daggerfall Covenant, since she used to be a Breton. That drives me crazy. I wish I could change it. I took her into Cyrodiil as a Dark Elf, and felt like she was in the "wrong" alliance.
  • BrianDavion
    BrianDavion
    ✭✭✭✭
    the problem with this is the alliance war would end up disgustingly lopsided (more so then it is already)
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    I wish they'd at least allow an alliance change with the race change token, because I used the race change token, and now have a Dark Elf that's Daggerfall Covenant, since she used to be a Breton. That drives me crazy. I wish I could change it. I took her into Cyrodiil as a Dark Elf, and felt like she was in the "wrong" alliance.

Thats because you have the wrong understanding of race in Tamriel. Every race exists in ever province. Only different is population percent
  • Balibe
    Balibe
    ✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »

Thats because you have the wrong understanding of race in Tamriel. Every race exists in ever province. Only different is population percent

Well said .....
  • Sheyta
    Sheyta
    ✭✭✭
    First if a character never done any pvp how can that affect any alliance ?
    Edited by Sheyta on December 23, 2020 12:42PM
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love an option like this as well. The Guild I mainly PvP with is on DC, yet I´ve wanted to join with my magicka DK who´s on EP.
  • engramz
    engramz
    ✭✭
    I don't think characters should have a permanent alliance. Outside of Cyrodiil we should be mercenaries. When entering a campaign for the first time there should be two options; either 1) enter for a specific faction (and possibly join a queue); or 2) be randomly assigned (to keep numbers even).

Once a campaign has been entered however, your entire account should be locked to that faction (for that campaign) until the campaign ends. This would help to keep numbers balanced, prevent faction hopping, and allow greater opportunity to pvp together with all our friends.

All my characters are EP, a friend of mine has been pleading with me to create an AD character so I can pvp with her. It's a big undertaking to have to buy a new character slot, then level up a new toon, just so I can do a bit of pvp with a friend.
    Edited by engramz on August 14, 2017 10:24AM
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think the reason MANY people are hesitant re the thought of alliance change, is because they have concerns that people will change characters alliance constantly, flipping around chasing the AP

these concerns could be easily alleviated,
    • make it a one off change that is locked behind the completion of cadwell gold (my preferred solution)
    • m ake it a crown store exclusive hike the price right up to deter constant flipping of alliance

Edited by bebynnag on August 14, 2017 10:24AM
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I stated it before, I shall do so again...

If alliance change ever comes, I would want to see it done the right way, meaning not merely a token that pops you over to other alliances, but an guild-sized DLC with an questline that has an "faction loyalty called in question" theme, and a big choice in the middle - will your character stay loyal to their home alliance, or defect for greener pastures, with the second half (or two thirds, or three quarters, or whatever) being different depending on the choice made - either you quest your way through proving yourself and finding the real traitor, or you quest your way through preparing your escape while evading the agents sent to bring you in... bonus points for familiar faces, I mean, who would not enjoy slamming a porticullis shut into Razum-dars face as you give him a jaunty wave while you jump onto a boat bound for morrowind with Naryu... ;)

Of course, there ought to be some drawbacks as well.
    For one, such an quest should require completion of cadwells (or at the very least the mainstory) as prerequesite, to avoid storyline entanglements - it would make a perfect final reward for completing that one, would it not? Much better then merely some trinket from Meridias tourist shop...
    For another, there might be some added consequences in PvP, due to the "traitor" status... like, say, defectors only gaining half AP for the next six months (because noone completely trusts a traitor, not even the ones he betrayed his country for), while being worth triple AP if killed by a member of their original faction... perhaps even with a daily "get the traitor" quest available, and all defectors highlighted with a special icon in cyrodil during the "transition period"...

There could also be nifty titles depending on which way you chose to complete this questline - either "{original faction} Loyalist" or "{original faction} Defector"...

Of course, in addition, there might be an very, very expensive crown store service token to change alliances, for those who really, truly despire playing through any questings... or serial defectors; that one might allow unlimited alliance changes, but shouod cost a LOT, say, 5000 crowns or so... to keep people from being all silly about it (because if they choose to be silly at those prices, they are just financing content for all the rest of us, and we will bear the sillyness... ;) )
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd be ok with it if it were 1-Time Only. No swapping sides then swapping back.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche