Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Twice born star

fyrestrtr88
fyrestrtr88
✭✭
I really like using twice born star for my tank, along with plague doctors : ) Very excited about the upcoming buffs to the mundus stones...just wondering, besides the lord stone for health, after the buff, would I be better off having the warrior as my second stone for weapon damage, or should I choose the lover stone for the physical/spell penetration?
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everything that increases penetration for the whole group is good, but Lover buffs only your own penetration, and for tank that is useless.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • fyrestrtr88
    fyrestrtr88
    ✭✭
    helediron wrote: »
    Everything that increases penetration for the whole group is good, but Lover buffs only your own penetration, and for tank that is useless.

Which other stone would you use for tanking?
  • Gan Xing
    Gan Xing
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you are a tank, I suggest looking into the Lady
    Gan Xing - Crafting Nightblade
    Elrana Tinuviel - Hybrid Dragonknight
    Elentári Peregrine - Sorcerer "bank"
    Rán Xīng - Hybrid Templar
    Laurïsil Imlachwen - Stamina Templar
    Helotë Tinuviel - Hybrid/Magicka Warden
    Odin banker - obv banker
    Yan of the Red Mountain - lvl 3 DK - not sure when I will work on em

Seeks the unusual and unique playstyles...
  • fyrestrtr88
    fyrestrtr88
    ✭✭
    Gan Xing wrote: »
    If you are a tank, I suggest looking into the Lady

After the update?
  • Gan Xing
    Gan Xing
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep, cause it increases physical and spell damage resistance
    Edited by Gan Xing on August 11, 2017 4:22PM
    Gan Xing - Crafting Nightblade
    Elrana Tinuviel - Hybrid Dragonknight
    Elentári Peregrine - Sorcerer "bank"
    Rán Xīng - Hybrid Templar
    Laurïsil Imlachwen - Stamina Templar
    Helotë Tinuviel - Hybrid/Magicka Warden
    Odin banker - obv banker
    Yan of the Red Mountain - lvl 3 DK - not sure when I will work on em

Seeks the unusual and unique playstyles...
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lady is not that useful on tank since you only gain around ~4K resistance with full divines. On a DK or Templar that will bring you at or over the mitigation cap for spell damage, which would be a waste. 4/33.1*50%=6% mitigation if not blocking and closer to ~2% if blocking which is negligible. You want to go for Atronach for magicka recovery and probably Mage for more magicka or Lord if you want more health. In any case TBS is actually one of the worst choices for tank since it offers no group benefits. Alkosh, Ebon, Tava's, Torug's are much better choices.
    Edited by Asardes on August 11, 2017 4:43PM
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • fyrestrtr88
    fyrestrtr88
    ✭✭
    With the buffs on the 29th, TBS will be a much better set...it does well for me in my opinion...I've had a couple of the others that you've named...I've also had willow's path, which was pretty good, but I get more max stats with TBS, rather than the recovery...gotta have the stats to recover first lol...I have a bunch of buffs from the crown crates that give recovery/max as well : ) I play alone most of the time, so perhaps I will change my mind, if I become more group oriented.
  • fyrestrtr88
    fyrestrtr88
    ✭✭
    Thank you for the opinions though...other aspects are very helpful, and I will definitely take them into consideration
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stamina recovery on a tank is not particularly useful since while blocking it's reduced to 0 anyway. Willow's path is a decent set. I've used before starting vet trials and it has done it's job well. But for harder content the option dwindle and TBS is not among them, with or without buff to Mundus stones. It's unclear for me what buffs are coming on the 29th, other than the mundus ones which are coming on Monday, the 14th. I've actually sifted trough PTS updates 3.1.x patch notes and found nothing about TBS specifically.
    Edited by Asardes on August 11, 2017 6:14PM
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle

Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I suggest the atronach. It will allow you to spam more shields and chains.
  • Duragon_Darko
    Duragon_Darko
    ✭✭✭
    TBS is not a tank set. Only 1k in each resource and the added ability to use 2 mundus stones, which for a tank is completely worthless. Break it down.....

1k stamina is barely noticeable unless your a turtle blocking, with a high Shadowlord CP investment and Sturdy in at least 4 to 6 pieces of armor, with one or two block cost reduction glyphs. And even then, the 1k will allow you to block an additional 5 hits? ><

1k magicka does what exactly? Even if you were a magicka tank (as I am) you can make up that 1k on a shield glyph, but why? With enough recovery, 20k in magicka is too much.

1k in health is the only good thing..... until you realize that every other set that actually belongs to a tank, gives you 3, 4 or 5k in health WITH physical resistance or 4% extra healing, or doesn't let you die until you turn into a statue, let's you pop an ultimate every 30 to 45 seconds, and the list goes on.... which a tank can definitely use.

2 mundus stones for a tank? You only need one, the other would be a waste. And as pointed out above, would only be for you..... not the group.

I guess what everyone is saying is, sure, you can do what you want, but are you really being a benefit to the group/team, or are you just there to taunt and contribute nothing. Any tank can run with a group and survive. Good tanks can make a great group even better, faster, and alot easier. Do you make it easier for your groups?.... is the question you should be asking. As a tank myself, I've gotta say no.

For me, as a DK magicka tank, I have a number of sets that I carry so I can fit and benefit the team for positive and successful results.

Main tank trial? Warrior-poet and Plague Doctor.

Backup trial tank? Tavas and Ebon.

Backup trial tank, not enough team members with Warhorn? Tavas and Dragon.

Vet 4 man dungeons? Tavas and Plague Doctor

Normal 4 man dungeon? Tavas and Burning Spellweave (It's a normal for crying out loud).

There are a number of options to choose from, and the great thing about the game is that you can play your way, but again.... as tank, do you make it easier?

Have fun man. Tanking is underrated, and the most fun in the game. Good luck!
    .... I have to admit, the devs do listen to reason, if not to the forums. Thank you for "nameplates", a welcome addition to immersion, as well as the text chat box for PS4, which only comes on the screen when I need it too, and helps this gameplay SO MUCH MORE then without it. THANK YOU for the additions. Very much appreciated.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Main tank trial? Warrior-poet and Plague Doctor.

Warrior Poet is actually a very bad choice for trials, since the minor toughness buff is provided by warhorn for 30s and you can have basically 100% uptime on that during a trial with 3-4 people running overlapping warhorns for the major force bonus, that is only 9.5s long. Bonuses which are the same don't stack.

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters: