Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Place-able water

vrine
vrine
✭✭✭✭✭
I've dreamed of putting a pond in my Cyrodiilic Jungle House, but alas there is still no place-able water. Do you think ZOS will ever allow us to place water in the form of furniture?
@vrine
PC - NA - DC
Altoholic [15/15]

Flo - Khajiit - DK WW - Tank - lvl50
Uxith - Argonian - Sorc Vamp - DPS - lvl50
Both - Imperial - Temp WW - DPS - lvl 50
Skua - Khajiit - Temp - DPS - lvl 50
Little Marmoset - Bosmer - Warden PVP - DPS - lvl 50
Borrows-A-Feeling - Argonian - Temp PVP - Healer - lvl 50

• Bellamy
    Bellamy
    ✭✭✭
    I would absolutely love if they did. I'm not sure how this would work how I'm imagining it, but it would also be nice if we could have smaller placeable water for things like basins and buckets, too - I've set up a little bathroom in my Sleek Creek house area, but the one thing keeping it awkwardly out of place is that the bathing basin is notably dry.
    @Be11amy
    PC | NA | CP340
    Rhase | Dunmer | Magplar DPS
    Jo'lli | Khajiit | Warden Healer
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This gets requested a lot, but it's most likely impossible to add. This is because water has physics properties as well (it isn't just a 3D model). It's not something you'd be able to place with the housing editor.

If they added "solid" water, it would look awful as it wouldn't contour to whatever hole you're placing it in, it would clip horribly through the ground, and it wouldn't splash when you walk through it.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on August 11, 2017 8:24AM
  • vrine
    vrine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This gets requested a lot, but it's most likely impossible to add. This is because water has physics properties as well (it isn't just a 3D model). It's not something you'd be able to place with the housing editor.

If they added "solid" water, it would look awful as it wouldn't contour to whatever hole you're placing it in, it would clip horribly through the ground, and it wouldn't splash when you walk through it.

Even if its contained in a stone wall like a fountain, I'd be okay wit that. I floating body of water definitely wouldn't work, I should've added that :P I more mean 'premade' water in the form of cobbled ponds etc etc.
    @vrine
    PC - NA - DC
    Altoholic [15/15]

• Cillion3117
    Cillion3117
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds cool, but I think it would be a nightmare to develop. Could be some cool looking bugs tho.
  • vrine
    vrine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds cool, but I think it would be a nightmare to develop. Could be some cool looking bugs tho.

Have to agree! But I can dream I guess lol. Or maybe they could offer alternate versions of houses with water bodies for slightly more gold/crowns?
    @vrine
    PC - NA - DC
    Altoholic [15/15]

• Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, they have managed to put water into the only fountain available in the Crown Store (even though there are no fountain-like jets). So it should be possible to do the same with other containers, yes?
  • Sheyta
    Sheyta
    ✭✭✭
    Well in my house I got a sea and and pool with water so I don't see that can be a problem really ;)
  • Bellamy
    Bellamy
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly, I would also be pleased if there were just more items available with water in them. There's Vivec's pool, the Witch's scrying pool (which I'm looking forward to turning into a hot tub), and a filled bathtub from the writ furnisher as items that already exist with water, so clearly they can do it. I just think it would be a really nice touch if we could have some items have water in them that you would THINK normally would - like tubs and wells - and not have them be ridiculously expensive or difficult to acquire.

And premade ponds and such would be really cool, too, though I can see how they would be a bit harder to implement since they would have to clip through the ground to have any depth. Maybe shallow ponds slightly raised from the ground?
    @Be11amy
    PC | NA | CP340
    Rhase | Dunmer | Magplar DPS
    Jo'lli | Khajiit | Warden Healer
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Placeable water may be hard to implement, but ponds would be really nice!
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vrine wrote: »

Even if its contained in a stone wall like a fountain, I'd be okay wit that. I floating body of water definitely wouldn't work, I should've added that :P I more mean 'premade' water in the form of cobbled ponds etc etc.

That's definitely possible (as long as the fountain is "above ground" like the ones we have right now in the game). It wouldn't be able to be flush with the ground because of clipping.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on August 12, 2017 1:22AM