The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO File Size dropped 80GBs after moving Storage Devices

ArchMikem
ArchMikem
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
So, in anticipation of trading in my One for a One X this Winter, I realized ESO was installed on my Internal Drive instead of the External one I use for all my Games. Okay, simple, I go through the motion of moving it over to my "Games" Drive, took a long while, finished, it's now located on my External Drive.

Problem is the file size the Console is showing for ESO says it went down around 80GBs, from 156GB to 78GB. Game still plays just fine, but now I'm wondering, is all that "missing" data still on my Internal Drive? Why isn't the Console showing anything left if there really is something still there? If the game really isn't that big, then why did it originally say the file size was that large?

So my questions are, what is the official size of the game supposed to be on Console?

If there really is some kind of left over data hidden away on my Internal Drive, will the game not work when I change out Consoles and have to redownload the whole thing over again?
CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You seems to have had it installed in two places then.
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Ardaghion
    Ardaghion
    ✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    So, in anticipation of trading in my One for a One X this Winter, I realized ESO was installed on my Internal Drive instead of the External one I use for all my Games. Okay, simple, I go through the motion of moving it over to my "Games" Drive, took a long while, finished, it's now located on my External Drive.

Problem is the file size the Console is showing for ESO says it went down around 80GBs, from 156GB to 78GB. Game still plays just fine, but now I'm wondering, is all that "missing" data still on my Internal Drive? Why isn't the Console showing anything left if there really is something still there? If the game really isn't that big, then why did it originally say the file size was that large?

So my questions are, what is the official size of the game supposed to be on Console?

If there really is some kind of left over data hidden away on my Internal Drive, will the game not work when I change out Consoles and have to redownload the whole thing over again?

On my Xbox the installed size is about 78 GB. The Xbox normally shows double the size for the total game during a move as it's including the original location and the future location. Once the move is finished the total will be normal.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ardaghion wrote: »
    ArchMikem wrote: »

On my Xbox the installed size is about 78 GB. The Xbox normally shows double the size for the total game during a move as it's including the original location and the future location. Once the move is finished the total will be normal.

That...kinda makes sense now. I don't think I remember seeing the file size before I started the move.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad the other comment helped better clarify.

Regarding the reference to xbox one x.....I'm going to choose to re-downloading the entire game again under the xbox one x files to start fresh.

Perhaps it will show as a patch update but consider Forza 7 will almost 100 gig for the xbox one X version while the non xbox one x version will be around 45-60 gig.

We are at 78-80 gig now, so we are looking at the possibility of 120-170 gig for the xbox one x version unless they aren't adding 4k textures and assets and only upscaling and adding higher sliders instead.
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501