The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Starter Vet Dungeons

Giraffon
Giraffon
✭✭✭✭✭
I generally avoid vet dungeons unless I'm after a specific monster set. That said, my over all experience with them is limited. So here I am. A CP630 tank with no real vet dungeon experience. What dungeons am I most likely to be able to blunder through without getting booted? I want to get to where I'm comfortable with all of them, but I need 2 or 3 to focus on at first.

Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I tanked my first vet dungeon at CP140. While I don't recommend this, it's entirely possible. There's no reason a CP630 tank should get booted from vet dungeons, unless you're just making rookie tanking mistakes (not taunting, running all over the place, running out of resources, running a non-tank build, etc.).

The easiest vet dungeons, in my opinion, are Wayrest 1 and Banished Cells 1. Really any of the "1" dungeons should be fine; they're low on mechanics and won't put too much of a strain on your other teammates.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only one response. Well! That must be the right answer! Thanks much!
  • Sunah
    Sunah
    ✭✭✭
    @Giraffon Any dungeon with a 1 usually. I think the easiest of easiest is Vaults of Madness to be honest. 1st mini boss is that ghost thingy. Just tank and spank, 1 person will go down because when he has that beam on someone all the dps done to boss gets reflected to that person haha. 1st boss tank and spank. 2rd boss is that charging big thingy. you cant keep him still but try not to let him charge into a pillar because he will bug out. 3th is tank and spank. 4th is tank and spank, the trick is to block heavy attack, step forward a step till he triggers this cone knock back, take a few steps back and avoid it, get back in and repeat. This way he doesnt move around or knock you off the edge. Next is tank and spank and after that is big dragon - tank and spank and move out of stuff. and last boss just grab the adds that spawn and tank and spankkkk. EZ.
    Edited by Sunah on August 10, 2017 6:46PM
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sunah wrote: »
    @Giraffon Any dungeon with a 1 usually. I think the easiest of easiest is Vaults of Madness to be honest. 1st mini boss is that ghost thingy. Just tank and spank, 1 person will go down because when he has that beam on someone all the dps done to boss gets reflected to that person haha. 1st boss tank and spank. 3rd boss is that charging big thingy. you cant keep him still but try not to let him charge into a pillar because he will bug out. 4th is tank and spank. 5th is tank and spank, the trick is to block heavy attack, step forward a step till he triggers this cone knock back, take a few steps back and avoid it, get back in and repeat. This way he doesnt move around or knock you off the edge. Next is tank and spank and last boss just grab the adds that spawn and tank and spankkkk. EZ.

This was going to be my suggestion.

Any of them labeled with a 1. Vaults of Madness like Sunah mentioned is a great dungeon and not terribly difficult.
    Also look to Fungal Grotto 1, Banished Cells 1, Spindleclutch 1, Wayrest Sewers 1.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cleared CoA II with a CP15 tank. He did ok for his cp ans not knowing the dungeon. Lost taunt a couple times but that pretty much it.

There are easy vet dungeons. VoM is probably one of the easier ones to get used to. Waytest I and II should be pretty good ones to get used to vet dungeons on. Heck, we used to use vet wayrest, which is vet wayrest II to grind co during the first month of the game, before the first nerf to it occurred. It was fast and easy.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Start with the closest one to Stormhold. Be sure to burn the scroll. Really soft on the tank.
    Edited by Asardes on August 10, 2017 6:54PM
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »
    Start with the closest one to Stormhold. Be sure to burn the scroll. Really soft on the tank.

:trollface:

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Anything with I or without number in its name is generally really easy (except dlc dungeons obviously - White-Gold Tower, Imperial City Prison, Ruins of Mazzatun and Cradle of Shadows). Beware though, they buffed last bosses of most I dungeons to include a stupid one shot mechanic more often than not. But you as tank should be fine. It's other people that won't be :D (these things are generally untaubtable).

Tanking most of the content is really easy, some tips to make it easier for you and your team -
    1)don't forget to taunt. Yes, I know, not very original but you'd be surprised at how many people do :p There's no longer overtaunt when just one player is taunting, so try to renew it before it expires, I usually renew at 8-10 second mark(it supposedly ends at 15 as you probably know)

2)don't run around unless mechanics really require you to. You're supposed to be able to survive these guys face to face(which doesn't mean you should stand in all the red, obviously) and you aren't doing your teammates a service - a lot of dps comes from ground based effects and there's nothing more frustrating than when you nicely lay down 3 ground dots and destro ulti on top, just for your tank to run the boss right out of them the very next second

3)try to aid your team by cc-ing mobs. If you're a DK, you can(and should) root them with talons and pull ranged ones in with chains. If you're a sorc you can also root with encase, otherwise you're unfortunately at a disadvantage. If you aren't a DK I'd suggest looking into Swarm Mother set for pulling monsters in for you instead of chains.

4)try to aid your team by buffing them. Use Pierce armor taunt, get Warhorn from alliance war skill tree (note this only works well when your group's dps is actually high enough for that to matter. Lousy dps buffed by Warhorn is still lousy dps.)

5)some bosses are partially or fully immune to taunts. Some people are unaware of this and try to chew tank's head off for not protecting them against that dodgeable and untaubtable projectile. Ignore them. If possible, get a somewhat dps-y outfit to carry along for some of these fully taunt immune bosses(or at least slot some damage skills), might as well aid your team with dps there.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Start on the top, the 1 dungeons are mostly easier with simpler mechanics.
    Sigtric wrote: »
    Sunah wrote: »
    @Giraffon Any dungeon with a 1 usually. I think the easiest of easiest is Vaults of Madness to be honest. 1st mini boss is that ghost thingy. Just tank and spank, 1 person will go down because when he has that beam on someone all the dps done to boss gets reflected to that person haha. 1st boss tank and spank. 3rd boss is that charging big thingy. you cant keep him still but try not to let him charge into a pillar because he will bug out. 4th is tank and spank. 5th is tank and spank, the trick is to block heavy attack, step forward a step till he triggers this cone knock back, take a few steps back and avoid it, get back in and repeat. This way he doesnt move around or knock you off the edge. Next is tank and spank and last boss just grab the adds that spawn and tank and spankkkk. EZ.

This was going to be my suggestion.

Any of them labeled with a 1. Vaults of Madness like Sunah mentioned is a great dungeon and not terribly difficult.
    Also look to Fungal Grotto 1, Banished Cells 1, Spindleclutch 1, Wayrest Sewers 1.
    City of ash 1 is also easy.
    Found Banish cell 1 is hard, tank probably survive well but the random attacks kills DD and healers. Think banish 2 is easier with decent dps. This is the exception of the rule.
    Also experience, you run a dungeon a lot or spend lot of time in it its easy for you.

Also depend on group, you can get scrubs who should learned to play, then do normal dungeons.
    Looks like you have plenty of normal dungeon experience, this is good as tank is the captain on team.
    At least you know the obvious mechanics.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • beetleklee
    beetleklee
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vaults of Madness is very easy on Vet, feels like a normal dungeon to be honest. There are some mechanics, but nothing crazy. The I version dungeons are also pretty easy.
    PC NA
    CP 690

EP Dunmer MagDK Level 50, Stormproof
    EP Dunmer MagSorc Level 50, Stormproof
    EP Argonian DK Tank Level 50, Boethiah's Scythe
    EP Breton Templar Healer Level 50
    EP Khajiit StamDK Level 50, Stormproof
    EP Dunmer Magblade Level 50, Assistant Alienist
    EP Argonian Stamden Level 50, Lady of Misrule (pvp)
    EP Dunmer Stamblade Level 50
    DC Redguard Stamplar
    AD Altmer Magwarden Healer

vMA, vDSA, vSO HM, vHRC HM, vAA, vAS+1, vMoL
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is good information. Thanks everyone. This might help some other players trying to decide how to get started on vet dungeons as well. The way I did it was I picked a monster set that I wanted and then went in the dungeon that had it. That might not be the best approach! LOL

Sure I have the Engine Guardian set....but I paid a terrible price to get it!
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vet vaults of madness is the easiest vetmode dungeon.
  • Vrienda
    Vrienda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any dungeon with a "I" at the end and most of the dungeons which only have one version.

Avoid dungeons with "II" at the end and DLC dungeons though, they're quite tough.

Wayrest Sewers I and Vaults of Madness were really easy on my 100CP xbox account.
    Edited by Vrienda on August 10, 2017 10:50PM
    Desperate for Roleplaying servers to bring open world non-organised RP to Elder Scrolls Online. Please ZOS.
  • ForsakenSin
    ForsakenSin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just please remember to do two things

1) when it comes to bosses taunt them and spin them around away from the group
    2) please PLEASE do NOT take the boss or adds away with the taunt when the ult are dropped

... so so many times 3 of us drop our ult on the boss just to have a tank walk the boss out of it and keeps on walking around while the AOE is left behind.
    "By many i am seen as hero...as a savior of the Tamriel i will not stop until every Daedra every evil there is in Tamriel is vanquish by my hands..
    However i do this for my own purpose to gain trust of mortals to worship me and to eliminate my competition i will not bend my knee to lead your army to serve you Molag Bal , i will simply just take it from you.."--- Forsaken Sin( Magica Sorc)

Arise From Darkness Forsaken SIn
    "You have been a loyal High Elf Magica Sorc
    Conjure of Darkness, Master of Magic
    Killer of Molag Bal and Savior of Ebonheart Pact
    Until Dark Brotherhood killed you...
    but now..NOW its time to Arise From Darkness once again..."

• MarzAttakz
    MarzAttakz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Giraffon wrote: »
    This is good information. Thanks everyone. This might help some other players trying to decide how to get started on vet dungeons as well. The way I did it was I picked a monster set that I wanted and then went in the dungeon that had it. That might not be the best approach! LOL

Sure I have the Engine Guardian set....but I paid a terrible price to get it!

Certainly helping me, so thank you for the thread!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PC EU
    Qura Scura | Altmer | MagBlade
    Lhylyth | Breton | MagPlar
    Nhynyth | Khajiit | MagDK
    Ghwynyth | Dunmer | MagSorc
    Loots-All-Urns | Argonian | MagDen
    Shades-Of-Gray | Argonian | StamDK
    Or'Chastration | Orc | StamSorc
    Little Miss Famished | Orc | StamCro
    Fhane Sharog | Orc | StamDen
    Dead Moons Rising | Khajiit | StamBlade
    The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress.
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    casparian wrote: »
    I tanked my first vet dungeon at CP140. While I don't recommend this, it's entirely possible. There's no reason a CP630 tank should get booted from vet dungeons, unless you're just making rookie tanking mistakes (not taunting, running all over the place, running out of resources, running a non-tank build, etc.).

The easiest vet dungeons, in my opinion, are Wayrest 1 and Banished Cells 1. Really any of the "1" dungeons should be fine; they're low on mechanics and won't put too much of a strain on your other teammates.

I would normally agree with this, but there are a couple of exceptions. Direfrost Keep in Hard Mode can be a real PITA. You need to have some good DPS to take down Droda quickly otherwise it will be a long, tedious fight. But normal Vet mode is not too bad. Also Tempest Island HM has some mechanics you need to be aware of. Right after the final boss does her AOE, you need to run to her within melee range to make sure she doesn't charge you with that stupid one-shot mechanic. Spindlecluth 1 HM you need to keep an eye on the Spider Daedra final boss so that her blast doesn't one-shot you as well, making sure to dodge roll or at least block the spell.

• Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Drakkdjinn wrote: »
    Vet vaults of madness is the easiest vetmode dungeon.

Hmmmm, I think Wayrest I or Elden Hollow I in Vet are easier than VOM, but everyone has their own idea on what's "easy" :)

• Jawasa
    Jawasa
    ✭✭✭
    I'd say all non dlc dungeons will work. But start with vom, coa 1, fungal 1, wayrest 1 and 2, and black heart haven if you feel unsure.
  • Lord_Etrigan
    Lord_Etrigan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vet City of Ash 1 is my favorite and I always take newbies there for their first experience. It has verything you want, not to many mobs, plenty of incomming physical, magic damage and the final boss keeps veryone on their toes whilst fire rains down on you from the constant spawning Fire Astronauts.

PS4 EU
    Lord Etrigan (Former Emperor): PVE High Elf Sorcerer
    Nyssa al Ghul: PVP Nightblade Wood Elf (Ganker)
    Lady-Death : PVP High Elf Sorcerer (8 x Campaigns Former Empress and Grand Warlord) Retired:(
    Achmed-Silence I keel you: PVP Dark Elf Nightblade (Suicide Bomber)
    I'm with stupid: PVP Argonian Magic Temp (Group support and healer).

Guild:
    The Order of Stolas (Founder and Guild Master)

Faction: Aldmeri Dominion

Her Royal Highness Queen Ayrenn Arana wants You for Dominion.
    LONG LIVE THE QUEEN!!
  • Takuto
    Takuto
    ✭✭✭
    I suspect that the intended difficulty levels for dungeons is something similar to the following:

Starter dungeons, first 3 zones in each alliances 'part 1' dungeons, +the coldharbor dungeon
    • Wayrest Sewers I
    • Spindleclutch I
    • Fungal Grotto I
    • Darkshade Caverns I
    • Banished Cells I
    • Elden Hollow I
    • City of Ash I
    • Crypt of Hearts I
    • Arx Corinium
    • Vaults of Madness

Intermediate Dungeons, last 2 zones of each alliance
    • Direfrost Keep
    • Blessed Crucible
    • Blackheart Haven
    • Volenfell
    • Tempest Island
    • Selene's Web

"Hardest" Non-DLC dungeons, 'part 2' dungeons in first 3 zones of each alliance
    • Wayrest Sewers II
    • Spindleclutch II
    • Fungal Grotto II
    • Darkshade Caverns II
    • Banished Cells II
    • Elden Hollow II
    • City of Ash II
    • Crypt of Hearts II

Actual Hardest dungeons, available through DLC
    • Imperial City Prison (requires Imperial City DLC)
    • White-Gold Tower (requires Imperial City DLC)
    • Cradle of Shadows (requires Shadows of the Hist DLC)
    • Ruins of Mazzatun (requires Shadows of the Hist DLC)
    • Falkreath Hold (requires Horns of the Reach DLC)
    • Bloodroot Forge (requires Horns of the Reach DLC)

Finally Veteran Dragonstar Arena, while not technically a Vet dungeon is also 4 player content which is harder than all of the above for a player without experience.
    Eternal Destiny (PC/NA)
    Dead Wait (PC/NA Haderus AD)
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Giraffon wrote: »
    I generally avoid vet dungeons unless I'm after a specific monster set. That said, my over all experience with them is limited. So here I am. A CP630 tank with no real vet dungeon experience. What dungeons am I most likely to be able to blunder through without getting booted? I want to get to where I'm comfortable with all of them, but I need 2 or 3 to focus on at first.

The non DLC dungeons are fairly forgiving and you should be able to successfully blunder through those assuming you learn from your mistakes and have a somewhat competent group.

The DLC ones however are far less forgiving and often require specific builds and strategies. Practicing in the non-DLC dungeons really isn't an option either - as they won't prepare you. The only way you are going to prepare for those is by doing them and learning what works and what doesn't. Don't make the mistake of thinking once you're comfortable doing the non-DLC vets that means you are ready for the DLC ones because they really aren't comparable.
    Edited by Jeremy on August 31, 2017 11:55PM