Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

How long can you stay invisible?

Kahina
Kahina
✭✭✭
I was running Ashelmawia as a lvl35 Warden with a lvl10 Nightblade. Just a case of two players randomly coming together and keeping pace. Twice during the dungeon I saw a Kahjiit come out of hiding and disappear again, but I never got a name plate. It appeared that the Kahjiit also kept pace with us, and the dungeon boss went down just a little too quickly, so I'm guessing they did.

So I'm wondering. How long can a player stay invisible to others in PVE? I'm assuming this was real, and no hacks.

Best Answer

• fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    To my knowledge you are never invisible in PvE. The guy may have been running Cloak, Shuffle, or Kollopi Essence, making them semi-transparent and hard to see.

In PvP magicka nightblades can maintain invisibility indefinitly with the right build. Without countermeasures you won't see such nightblades, from an opposing faction, even if they are right on top of you.
    PC EU: Magblade (PvP main), DK (PvE Tank), Sorc (PvP and PvE), Magden (PvE Healer), Magplar (PvP and PvE DD), Arcanist (PvE DD)
    PC NA: Magblade (PvP and PvE every role)
    Answer ✓
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Check out the description of the skill Dark Cloak from the Nightblade skill tree.

No hacks, its just a skill that makes them invisible for a short while, even if you're standing right next to them.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Check out the description of the skill Dark Cloak from the Nightblade skill tree.

No hacks, its just a skill that makes them invisible for a short while, even if you're standing right next to them.

He's talking about PvE. You're talking about PvP / duelling.
    Edited by fred4 on August 9, 2017 11:23AM
    PC EU: Magblade (PvP main), DK (PvE Tank), Sorc (PvP and PvE), Magden (PvE Healer), Magplar (PvP and PvE DD), Arcanist (PvE DD)
    PC NA: Magblade (PvP and PvE every role)
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »
    To my knowledge you are never invisible in PvE. The guy may have been running Cloak, Shuffle, or Kollopi Essence, making them semi-transparent and hard to see.

In PvP magicka nightblades can maintain invisibility indefinitly with the right build. Without countermeasures you won't see such nightblades, from an opposing faction, even if they are right on top of you.

^This. Though I will say I can cloak about 8-10 times on my stamina NB with out breaking cloak.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other players are never "invisible" to you in PVE. However, dungeons can be dark, and a player dressed in dark gear who runs shuffle or cloak will become semi-transparent and difficult to see. He was possibly a bow/range build who stayed out of your field of view...I often play my NBs from behind friendlies.
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kahina wrote: »
    I was running Ashelmawia as a lvl35 Warden with a lvl10 Nightblade. Just a case of two players randomly coming together and keeping pace. Twice during the dungeon I saw a Kahjiit come out of hiding and disappear again, but I never got a name plate. It appeared that the Kahjiit also kept pace with us, and the dungeon boss went down just a little too quickly, so I'm guessing they did.

So I'm wondering. How long can a player stay invisible to others in PVE? I'm assuming this was real, and no hacks.

In PVE if you can't see a player, this is a phasing bug. You or them should go far away out of sight, then come back and you be able to see each other.

In PVP if you are magicka NB, you can stay invisible forever, because cost of cloak is lower than your mag recovery.
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danksta wrote: »

^This. Though I will say I can cloak about 8-10 times on my stamina NB with out breaking cloak.

10 times!?!? impressive.
  • Zbigb4life
    Zbigb4life
    ✭✭✭✭

That's quite a lot for a stam build. How much magicka do you have?
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In pve cloak makes you invisible to most NPC,
    but not invisible to players,

I think he was running Kollopi Essence in pve.
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

10 times!?!? impressive.
    Zbigb4life wrote: »

That's quite a lot for a stam build. How much magicka do you have?

1400 magicka recovery because I run stam/mag recovery drinks. This obviously comes at the cost of low health (about 17k in Cyrodiil).
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA