Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 14:
· [COMPLETE] NA megaservers for maintenance – October 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] EU megaservers for maintenance – October 16, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
· [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What is the 'correct' way to farm gear?

HorrorShow
HorrorShow
✭✭✭✭
Attempting to farm a set of gear from a particular zone. So I set up in a delve, prepped a movie to watch on my other screen, and resolved to just kill the boss over and over again until I got the gear. (Have the week off work.) Third time killing the boss I only got gold, googled as to what the heck happened, and learned the game has a kind of loot timer to prevent farming.

So if I wish to farm a set from a zone, what is the way that I am supposed to do it in a timely manner?
"Never go in, miss. Never say a prayer at its door. If you are angry, do not seek revenge by the Laughing Maiden Stone, or at the threshold of the Tombs. There be those who listen for oaths and vows...What may be said in innocence and ire becomes flesh and blood in such places."
-Old Marsh
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dungeon bosses have cooldowns whe ndropping gear but spawn relatively often, world bosses does not have cooldowns but spawn slower, but you can move around to different world bosses maybe 3 different, so whe nyou kill the third one the 1st one will spawn soon or have spawned, you can also do the dolmen runs. public dungeon can work aswell if there is a good one in the zone.

edit: or run to all the different dungeons and kill each boss there but I would say that is tedious.
    Edited by Yakidafi on August 8, 2017 2:11PM
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is something like a 3 minute cooldown on the item drops. Kills in between will only grant gold.

It's why people like public's, because each boss has its own separate cooldown.

You could actually shut off your movie, play the game, and enter/exit more than a single delve in that timeframe...
    Edited by Merlin13KAGL on August 8, 2017 2:12PM
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Different pieces of overland sets come from different sources.

Belts and boots from delves.
    Shoulders, gloves and weapons from public dungeons.
    Chests, legs, helmets and weapons from world bosses.
    Jewellery from dolmens.
    Chests can contain any piece and there is a low chance to drop any piece from regular enemies.

You can only get 3 pieces in 5 minutes from any boss/dolmen. This does not affect chests.

So unless you are farming for some specific pieces it's better to go chest hunting in the area.
    Also you might want to consider farming gold and straight up buying the pieces you need.
  • Saint314Louis1985
    Saint314Louis1985
    ✭✭✭
    I usually just find a good route and wayshrine around the map.

OR

If youre wanting to farm deshaan, theres an area east of mournhold that has a delve, world boss, and dolmen in super close proximity that you can just run back and forth in that area.

if youre farming rivenspire, go to hoarfrost downs and rotate between the two world bosses close to there and hit the delve close to there every once in a while.

Im sure theres similar areas for every zone, but i believe those are the most popular and they work for me.