Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

About health

dueldragon
dueldragon
✭✭
Sorry for posting again about this, But I need to understand a few things.

In PvE areas my health unbuffed and without any armor bonuses is 13k.

In Cyrodiil, It's 21k unbuffed and with armor bonuses. I am a stamina DPS

So, I mainly want to ask this: How the **** do CPs work exactly? Which constellations should I focus on for a stamina DPS? To get more health and stamina?
  • dueldragon
    dueldragon
    ✭✭
    As you can tell, I'm really new to champ points, My first CP character.
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you are wondering how CPs affect your stat pools, each point you put in to the red tree will increase your health, green tree increases stam and blue tree increases mag.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• dueldragon
    dueldragon
    ✭✭
    Danksta wrote: »
    If you are wondering how CPs affect your stat pools, each point you put in to the red tree will increase your health, green tree increases stam and blue tree increases mag.

That was a part of the question, and thank you for answering. The other one is how exactly do I get more health? because 13k seems very little
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    First, you want to use food. Probably a blue max health+stamina one or the purple max health+max stamina+stam regeneration one. Basically you always want to have food buff active, blue food is super cheap anyway. 13k unbuffered sounds fine(assuming that's without food). If you still feel it's too low even with food, use some health enchants on your gear, get healthy jewelry or redistribute some attribute points into health. Basically you want something like 17-20k health for PvE(buffed with food), higher than that is really overkill unless you're tanking(in which case you'll want 25k+).

Second, Cyrodiil buffs your health automatically just for being there so you don't die quite so fast(listed under Battle Spirit buff I believe), and buffs it even more if your alliance gets Emperor. CP have no bearing on that, would have same effect for Cyrodiil as they would out of it(aside from no cp campaigns where they'd obviously be disabled so you'd have less stats overall, but probably still bit more health than in PvE due to the Battle Spirit buff).

Third, as been said above, every cp in corresponding tree will increase your max stat ever so slightly(green increases stamina, blue magicka, red health). Aside from that they do not increase your max stats(but they do give you other nice things). But you can't control which type of constellations you want points into, you always get 1 for blue, 1 for red, 1 for green, rinse and repeat(might be different order but the idea is the same). You should obviously spend all of your champion points, no reason not to, for specific perks most useful for your build is suggest looking it up, most builds these days including cp distribution.
    Edited by Magdalina on August 8, 2017 3:54PM
  • dueldragon
    dueldragon
    ✭✭
    Magdalina wrote: »
    First, you want to use food. Probably a blue max health+stamina one or the purple max health+max stamina+stam regeneration one. Basically you always want to have food buff active, blue food is super cheap anyway. 13k unbuffered sounds fine(assuming that's without food). If you still feel it's too low even with food, use some health enchants on your gear, get healthy jewelry or redistribute some attribute points into health. Basically you want something like 17-20k health for PvE(buffed with food), higher than that is really overkill unless you're tanking(in which case you'll want 25k+).

Second, Cyrodiil buffs your health automatically just for being there so you don't due quite so fast(listed under Battle Spirit buff I believe), and buffs it even more if your alliance gets Emperor. CP have no bearing on that, would have same effect for Cyrodiil as they would out of it(aside from no cp campaigns where they'd obviously be disabled so you'd have less stats overall, but probably still bit more health than in PvE due to the Battle Spirit buff).

Third, as been said above, every cp in corresponding tree will increase your max stat ever so slightly(green increases stamina, blue magicka, red health). Aside from that they do not increase your max stats(but they do give you other nice things). But you can't control which type of constellations you want points into, you always get 1 for blue, 1 for red, 1 for green, rinse and repeat(might be different order but the idea is the same). You should obviously spend all of your champion points, no reason not to, for specific perks most useful for your build is suggest looking it up, most builds these days including cp distribution.

Okay, thank you. I was worried I was making a mistake being diverse with the Warrior Mage and Thief
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your target health for a DPS/Healer is about 15K to 17K, maybe a little more. This is with Purple or Blue Food and whatever gear buffs you may have and capped CPs. This will stop you from getting one shot with most mobs in PvE, assuming you know how to Block and when to Interrupt or Dodge Roll. This will set you up well for Cyrodiil when the Battle Spirit buff is applied.

Nice thing is, most every character build can get you to those targets if your at the CP Cap. If your below the Cap, you may need to use a Health Glyph on a Large Armor piece or a gear set that gives a Health Bonus. It all depends on how often you die and why.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"