The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

When you want to battleground but you are poor

PlautisCarvain
PlautisCarvain
✭✭✭✭
That feeling. I would like to experiment the battlegrounds BUT WITHOUT HAVING TO PAY 40$? Can't they make a "DLC" where you could buy the access to battlegrounds without having to pay for WHOLE morrowind?
Edited by PlautisCarvain on August 7, 2017 2:07PM
  • NukeAllTheThings
    NukeAllTheThings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have seen the game + Morrowind being sold for less than $20 in different places lately
    "it's important to state that our decision to go with subscriptions is not a referendum on online game revenue models. F2P, B2P, etc. are valid, proven business models - but subscription is the one that fits ESO the best, given our commitment to freedom of gameplay, quality and long-term content delivery. Plus, players will appreciate not having to worry about being "monetized" in the middle of playing the game, which is definitely a problem that is cropping up more and more in online gaming these days." - Matt Firor
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Totally expected a l2p thread
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eventually I'll be on sale the you can get it for less. It'll be ok.
  • PlautisCarvain
    PlautisCarvain
    ✭✭✭✭

Omg I've been playing this game for a long time I don't how this work
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When the steam summer sale hit you could get it for like 23 bucks or something like that on steam; ESO store price matched it without advertisement, as far as I know, and actually undercut the steam sale by a few bucks. I'm sure by the xmas sale it will be back on sale again likely at a lower price. I might bite around then, not playing this game much at the moment because I have a huge inventory of games to get through but when they have a good event combined with BGs and the game-play is sorted I could be tempted.
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is $40 really that much of a problem? I mean after all you have a PC, Xbox or PS4, and if playing on Xbox need Gold to play (not sure about PS4) and have to pay for a very good internet service. I am sure that what the 2 months that Morrowind has been out you could have saved $40 by now.

I mean if money was really an issue you shouldn't be having internet and buying ESO in the first place. Or maybe just be greatful that you can play ESO because money is so tight right now and you are able to.

I know how hard it is when money is tight. I want to get things, but I don't go on the internet and complain about it if I can't afford it especially when it's easy to save for if you really want something.
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't worry.

You'll realise you wasted it as soon as you play them.
    Teams aren't balanced so trying to play solo means you get the idiots on your team against organised groups. So if your group isn't on, don't even bother.

Not being able to select mode means stupid capture the flag where people just rush to capture the flag meaning there is about 3 kills all game. You queued 15 minutes for a 2 minute game.

Broken sets and builds are amplified hugely in them. The game is built around CP, so just taking them away while leaving everything else just doesn't work. I like the idea of no CP, but not with all the BS that is in the game.

I'll try them again when proc sets have been addressed. That may help, but not greatly.

You're not missing much in all honesty. There's a reason everyone stayed in Cyrodiil.
  • Tonnopesce
    Tonnopesce
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Omg I've been playing this game for a long time I don't how this work

Maybe you need to l2sarcasm
    Wait a month and you can get morrowind for 10€
    Edited by Tonnopesce on August 7, 2017 3:11PM
    Signature

• Sylosi
    Sylosi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    If you're on PC you can get it for only £15 now. [snip]

Console will be a bit more screwed but then again console is always screwed with games prices.

People should not buy from dodgy key sites like CD Keys (or G2A, Kinguin, etc), because those sites commonly have games bought with stolen credit cards from legit sites that are then sold there for very low prices, the result being that you may have your account terminated in many games once the chargebacks start and it all unravels.

There is a list of official retailers here - https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/171736/deactivation-of-fraudulently-obtained-esotu-game-keys, that no doubt at least some of which are selling it cheaper than the official site.

[minor edit for quoe]
    Edited by ZOS_CoriJ on August 19, 2017 7:24PM
  • itehache
    itehache
    ✭✭✭✭
    You are not poor when you have a computer/console and internet conection.
  • NotNormanBates
    NotNormanBates
    ✭✭✭
    itehache wrote: »

This
  • PlautisCarvain
    PlautisCarvain
    ✭✭✭✭
    Davor wrote: »
    Is $40 really that much of a problem? I mean after all you have a PC, Xbox or PS4, and if playing on Xbox need Gold to play (not sure about PS4) and have to pay for a very good internet service. I am sure that what the 2 months that Morrowind has been out you could have saved $40 by now.

I mean if money was really an issue you shouldn't be having internet and buying ESO in the first place. Or maybe just be greatful that you can play ESO because money is so tight right now and you are able to.

I know how hard it is when money is tight. I want to get things, but I don't go on the internet and complain about it if I can't afford it especially when it's easy to save for if you really want something.

Thank you for getting this off topic. I've been saving up to buy my PS4, my online subscription and all of that. Everyone have Internet I just might not have the money after all that to afford a 40$ pack that for me is only for the battlegrounds
    Edited by PlautisCarvain on August 7, 2017 4:06PM
  • PlautisCarvain
    PlautisCarvain
    ✭✭✭✭
    itehache wrote: »

Omg I don't live in the street. Wtf guys
  • PlautisCarvain
    PlautisCarvain
    ✭✭✭✭
    Like seriously, I'm not POOR. I just can't afford to buy a 40$ DLC ON A VIDEO GAMES because I got other things in real life to buy. I just want to be able to have a reduced price in which I could get ONLY the battlegrounds.
  • Makato
    Makato
    ✭✭✭
    Morrowind was 25£ from day one m8 , you just need to find the right place , might even be 20£ by now :p
    PC/EU
    All factions all classes
    Autocorrect does not care bout what i write so i don't care bout my spelling
    LIZZURD IS LOVE LIZZURD IS LIFE !
  • Bbsample197
    Bbsample197
    ✭✭✭✭
    lets wait for the sales man! i know, im waiting for one too
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just wait until next year! Im sure the next chapter will be the base game and the new chapter ... and since morrowind is now considered base game....
    Edited by vyndral13preub18_ESO on August 7, 2017 4:37PM
  • OC_Justice
    OC_Justice
    ✭✭✭
    Just a question because it pertains to the topic of purchases.
    Can one purchase Crown or DLC for another player?

• LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like seriously, I'm not POOR. I just can't afford to buy a 40$ DLC ON A VIDEO GAMES because I got other things in real life to buy. I just want to be able to have a reduced price in which I could get ONLY the battlegrounds.

Well then you can just buy it on sale... You've missed Steam summer sale but there will be Halloween sale and Black Friday...
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Balsagna
    Balsagna
    ✭✭✭✭
    That feeling. I would like to experiment the battlegrounds BUT WITHOUT HAVING TO PAY 40$? Can't they make a "DLC" where you could buy the access to battlegrounds without having to pay for WHOLE morrowind?

Sucks. You should go do something to earn $40. Maybe cut some grass or help some older folks around the house. Or maybe, don't buy fast food a few times and you'll be halfway there.

Contrary to the current state of the world\, you are not entitled to play content that someone else made for free. You can either pay what they are selling it for, or not play it.

I wish I was born 70 years ago.
    Edited by Balsagna on August 7, 2017 5:07PM
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OC_Justice wrote: »
    Just a question because it pertains to the topic of purchases.
    Can one purchase Crown or DLC for another player?

Nope. People have asked for it since crowns were introduced. Wouldn't matter for Morrowind because you can't buy it with crowns anyway.
    Beta tester November 2013
  • TarrNokk
    TarrNokk
    ✭✭✭✭

Haha omg this is so ridiculous. You are indeed really poor.
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh and btw... none of us are actually poor. We all have modern pcs (or consoles), decent internet connection and enough money to buy games. In the world where many people can barely afford food, thats far from being poor.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • OC_Justice
    OC_Justice
    ✭✭✭
    TarrNokk wrote: »

I am responding to everyone with this attitude.
    If you have an attitude like this, then you have never experienced life and are most likely still living with mom and dad.

Life can change in an instant and one can go from comfortable life to in debt up to your eyes because of an accident or illness. Priorities change and you shouldn't judge.
    Never laugh at anyone's situation in life, because one day you may experience something similar.

• Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    l2pay issue
    Edited by Artis on August 7, 2017 7:50PM
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    Don't worry.

You'll realise you wasted it as soon as you play them.
    Teams aren't balanced so trying to play solo means you get the idiots on your team against organised groups. So if your group isn't on, don't even bother.

Not being able to select mode means stupid capture the flag where people just rush to capture the flag meaning there is about 3 kills all game. You queued 15 minutes for a 2 minute game.

Broken sets and builds are amplified hugely in them. The game is built around CP, so just taking them away while leaving everything else just doesn't work. I like the idea of no CP, but not with all the BS that is in the game.

I'll try them again when proc sets have been addressed. That may help, but not greatly.

You're not missing much in all honesty. There's a reason everyone stayed in Cyrodiil.

L2P (:
  • Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can get it for cheaper from other places... like in the $20 range I think
    Xbox one EU
    8 Flawless conquerors on all class specs (4 stam, 4 magicka)
    Doesn't stand in red
  • Mondini
    Mondini
    ✭✭✭✭
    Davor wrote: »

This guy has never been broke.
  • TarrNokk
    TarrNokk
    ✭✭✭✭
    OC_Justice wrote: »
    TarrNokk wrote: »

I am responding to everyone with this attitude.
    If you have an attitude like this, then you have never experienced life and are most likely still living with mom and dad.

Life can change in an instant and one can go from comfortable life to in debt up to your eyes because of an accident or illness. Priorities change and you shouldn't judge.
    Never laugh at anyone's situation in life, because one day you may experience something similar.

Dear sir, LOL. I would never laugh at anyones situation in life, I laugh about this ridiculous begging while claiming to be poor. And I laugh about YOUR taunt.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It'll probably be available in the future at a very reasonable price
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds