The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

[Screenshots] Morrowind - Compare expansion to original game

EttinTheBreton
EttinTheBreton
✭✭✭
Here are the rules:
  1. Find your favorite location in ESO's Morrowind expansion
  2. Take a screenshot
  3. Stand in that same location in the original Morrowind game that inspired the artists for ESO
  4. Take a screenshot
  5. Post them side by side here!

Has anyone else done this? I would like to see them :)

Seyda Neen lighthouse
ruBlnZxl.jpg1iH0oxhl.jpg

Tips:
  • I use imgur to host all my screenshots here. I take the screenshot in-game, and I have a shortcut to the folder where they get saved on my desktop. Once you make a quick account on imgur, you can just drag and drop them into your images collection, click on the one you want, and copy the BBCode with the blue "Copy" button. Probably you want to first click Large Thumbnail for a good size here. Having both screenshots at the "Large Thumbnail" size allows them to both be viewed on the screen at once, but I find the "Medium Thumbnail" too small here. Also, if you copy the Linked BBCode, then everyone can click your image to see the original size in more detail.
Edited by EttinTheBreton on August 8, 2017 4:20AM
I stream ESO sometimes! Check my channel for this week's schedule: twitch.tv/EttinTheBreton
  • EttinTheBreton
    EttinTheBreton
    ✭✭✭
    Seyda Neen by silt strider
    6Iqhnrvl.jpg
    59kvsCXl.jpg
    I stream ESO sometimes! Check my channel for this week's schedule: twitch.tv/EttinTheBreton
  • EttinTheBreton
    EttinTheBreton
    ✭✭✭
    Balmora looking North
    czur7Tyl.jpgHuxjYUTl.jpg

Balmora looking South
    giXhxH3l.jpgmLwvl5el.jpg
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How far is Morrowind in the future?
  • Pendrillion
    Pendrillion
    ✭✭✭✭
    700 years.
  • Spacemonkey
    Spacemonkey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no offense but you should be comparing with Morrowind MGE

31_7396_a7cfce5e55e903fbd2a5b58867b7daa6.jpg

(because anyone still playing morrowind really SHOULD have it - with TR)
    Edited by Spacemonkey on August 7, 2017 6:25PM
  • EttinTheBreton
    EttinTheBreton
    ✭✭✭
    How far is Morrowind in the future?

ESO takes place in the middle of the second era, and Morrowind takes place towards the end of the third era.

According to Isriana, there are 742 years between ESO and Morrowind: http://isriana.deviantart.com/art/The-Elder-Scrolls-Timeline-488993388
    I think it's safe to say that the events of ESO happen during the years of 2E 582-583 (Baar Dau, the rock above Vivec City, "plunged dramatically in 2E 583" according to: http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Baar_Dau).

So @Pendrillion is right!
    700 years.

Just as a cool bit of trivia, according to the UESP, High King Emeric was born in 2E 521 (521st year of the 2nd era), and Emeric (the guy in my profile pic!) is the leader of the Daggerfall Covenant. According to the year Baar Dau plunged, that would make Emeric about 62 years old when we can complete his line of quests.

Let's see more comparisons!
    Edited by EttinTheBreton on August 10, 2017 3:43PM
  • Gedalya
    Gedalya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really enjoy the Morrowind expansion has been my favorite so far; right up there with Orsinium. I'm looking forward to the next expansion. These pictures are awesome.
    Baskin Robbins always finds out.

Check out my ESO name generator: eso.tamriel.org
  • Shardan4968
    Shardan4968
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no offense but you should be comparing with Morrowind MGE

31_7396_a7cfce5e55e903fbd2a5b58867b7daa6.jpg

(because anyone still playing morrowind really SHOULD have it - with TR)

Always when I see it, I'm like "bah, this is not my belowed Morrowind with its romantic mist". It looks awesome, but I just prefer vanilla.
    PC/EU
  • EttinTheBreton
    EttinTheBreton
    ✭✭✭
    Two more for tonight!

Seyda Neen outside office
    DDkBlOxl.jpgT5vW5Vxl.jpg

Seyda Neen inside office
    oBMNER3l.jpgExqGverl.jpg