The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Slimecraw set - animation constantly switches on & off

TheYKcid
TheYKcid
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
The animation for the Slimecraw set involves some fire-like particle effects, attached to the hands of the user's character.

However, this effect gets periodically deactivated, and then reactivates soon after (this repeats every few seconds). The reactivation of the visual effect is also accompanied by a very loud "woosh" sound.

The constant on/off flashing of the animation, in combination with the jarring sound effect, makes this item set extremely irritating to use.

y8q6b04vr9zs.png
PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden
  • Sioryn
    Sioryn
    ✭✭
    I came to the forums to look for a possible solution for this -- glad I'm not the only one who's slowly losing their sanity listening to the constant 'swoosh' every 7 seconds, though I'm saddened that ZOS hasn't acknowledged this yet. Slimecraw is my first monster set, and I've only worn it for an hour now and I already can't see myself wearing it much longer. I wouldn't mind hearing the sound once when, say, unsheathing weapons. But a constant, never-ending loop? It straight out ruins the beautiful ambient music and sounds, which are relaxing and immersive to listen to while exploring, and also makes me feel like I'm in constant combat.

@ZOS_BillMueller Please, would you have a second to look into this or let us know your thoughts? Thanks!

• tplink3r1
    tplink3r1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not to mention the VERY annoying sound it makes.
    VR16 Templar
    VR3 Sorcerer
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I went back to a different mister set mostly because of this effect
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • SilentRaven1972
    SilentRaven1972
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agree. I use this set on one of my characters, but the flash and noise have me avoiding playing. Either have it always on or always off, please.
    "Such is the nature of evil. Out there in the vast ignorance of the world, it festers and spreads. A shadow that grows in the dark. A sleepless malice as black as the oncoming wall of night. So it ever was, so will it always be. In time all foul things come forth." -Thranduil
  • ViciousBunnii
    ViciousBunnii
    ✭✭✭
    The noise is very annoying. I use a different set because of this. :/
    PC/NA

Forever salty about the Shadow Rider Senche
  • ZOS_Wrobel
    ZOS_Wrobel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the feedback. We're removing the sound and reducing the frequency at which you see the FX.
    Lead Combat Designer
    Eric Wrobel
    Staff Post
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeh, it's super annoying. Like when you're empowered or things like spell power cure proc and your arms glow, it's a cool effect to see that those things are active.

I don't need to know I have minor beserk. I knew that when choosing the set. I don't need to always be reminded.
  • Thunderknuckles
    Thunderknuckles
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sioryn wrote: »
    I came to the forums to look for a possible solution for this -- glad I'm not the only one who's slowly losing their sanity listening to the constant 'swoosh' every 7 seconds, though I'm saddened that ZOS hasn't acknowledged this yet. Slimecraw is my first monster set, and I've only worn it for an hour now and I already can't see myself wearing it much longer. I wouldn't mind hearing the sound once when, say, unsheathing weapons. But a constant, never-ending loop? It straight out ruins the beautiful ambient music and sounds, which are relaxing and immersive to listen to while exploring, and also makes me feel like I'm in constant combat.

@ZOS_BillMueller Please, would you have a second to look into this or let us know your thoughts? Thanks!

THIS...you expressed my feelings precisely, Sio. I spent hours grinding for the pieces only to discover that annoying effect. Like you, I decided I'd just give up the minor brutality effect for some other set just to get away from that constant irritant. lol I am soooo thankful they're at least going to reduce the effect and audio with the Clockwork City release. I hope by "reduce" they mean exceedingly infrequently.
  • Thunderknuckles
    Thunderknuckles
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wrobel wrote: »
    Thanks for the feedback. We're removing the sound and reducing the frequency at which you see the FX.

GOD BLESS YOU!
  • Sioryn
    Sioryn
    ✭✭
    THIS...you expressed my feelings precisely, Sio. I spent hours grinding for the pieces only to discover that annoying effect. Like you, I decided I'd just give up the minor brutality effect for some other set just to get away from that constant irritant. lol I am soooo thankful they're at least going to reduce the effect and audio with the Clockwork City release. I hope by "reduce" they mean exceedingly infrequently.
    Haha, glad to hear I'm not the only one! I also spent hours farming it, and as it was a vital part of the build I was going for AND I was pretty excited as it would be my first monster set, it was quite a let-down to only then learn about the visual and audio effects that come with it.

I'm both surprised and thankful that they are bringing the change so quickly in the next patch, considering that I raised the issue again (by necroing and bumping this thread) only 11 days ago! Never seen ZOS react to something so "trivial" (audio/visuals) this quickly, very impressed.

However, just like you, I do have concerns about the wording i.e. "reduced". I hope this doesn't mean "once a minute" which would only be a marginal improvement. Frankly, I don't want to hear the sound at all. It's so repetitive, loud and constantly interrupts the relaxing atmospheric sounds/music when I'm out-of-combat and just want to chill. The visuals I can live with, though, as long as the frequency is greatly reduced.

*shrugs* I guess we'll see when the patch drops!
    Edited by Sioryn on September 22, 2017 5:11PM
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Glad to hear something's being done about it! Looking forward to seeing you guys with crocodile heads next patch.
    PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
    Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
    Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
    Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden