Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

New to PC ESO, what build should I use for my NB?

Leach8888
Leach8888
While my game is still downloading I'd like to find out what builds work best. I had ESO on ps4, haven't played in 8+ months. I had a mag, vamp, NB on my highest account (like 130*). What has the patches changed? I'm not familiar with gear sets at all, so any guidance would help. once I get the game running I'll post my account name so you can add me as friends if you wish to be a sherpa.

Best Answers

• hmsdragonfly
    hmsdragonfly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leach8888 wrote: »
    I'm used to Magblade, mainly PvE but I'll be trying PVP as it gets very fun. Normally solo unless in PVP or dungeon. I remember one of my weapons was the healing staff, think the other was bow or dual 1h axe? Been a while, don't remember too well. light armor too. main attack was siphon funnel? don't remember exact names.

https://alcasthq.com/
    Aldmeri Dominion Loyalist. For the Queen!
    Answer ✓
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Leach8888 wrote: »
    I do what to have ganking ability, but dying in one or two hits does me no good either. For PVP I just need enough survivability to get me out of fights I can't win. As for PvE, survivability is key especially for dungeons as bosses and swarms of enemies rip your health in seconds. I use the healing staff with the magic regen passive to help regain some magic during those fights.

IMO Magicka NB is the most fun class to play in PVP and also the most challenging. Even with the same exact build as someone who is very good at magblade, I get wrecked. I still have fun though. I think this class has higher skill gap or learning curve. Spend a lot of time practicing duels and ideally find someone who is good to teach you.

Ganking is fun and challenging, but I'd say becoming proficient at ganking or bombing is certainly easier than becoming proficient at long, sustained fights with Magicka NB.

As for PVE, if you are having trouble surviving, stack healing ward with dampen magic and you end up with massive shield in PVE, especially with points in bastion.

Edited by IcyDeadPeople on August 4, 2017 4:05PM
    Answer ✓
  • Glamdring
    Glamdring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    magblade or stamblade? pve or pvp? solo or group? small or big group? many answered needed to even start suggesting a build. Just saw that u start all over again on pc. Then the short answer are: just play
  • Leach8888
    Leach8888
    I'm used to Magblade, mainly PvE but I'll be trying PVP as it gets very fun. Normally solo unless in PVP or dungeon. I remember one of my weapons was the healing staff, think the other was bow or dual 1h axe? Been a while, don't remember too well. light armor too. main attack was siphon funnel? don't remember exact names.
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you want to bomb enemy players with magicka NB you can try 5xVicious Death, 5xClever Alchemist, plus willpower 3pc or monster helm 2pc. These are pretty cheap and easy to acquire except the monster helm may require some grinding.
  • Malic
    Malic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bombing is fun, however lot of tanky people out there now it can be frustrating for sure.

mageblade, so do you want to gank or actually stay in the fight?

Mageblade has a lot of its skill morphs (actually I think more than any other toon) who's damage type is "magic damage" so im running 5 pieces of war maiden you can grind it up pretty quick.

Necropotence is a nice 5 piece IF you are looking to fight, absolutely get it. If youre looking to gank, spinners is decent as again you can grind it up in pve. You can get penetration from CP though, you'll need to test. Julianos is still good too for the gank but with these two sets youre going to be paper thin, and out of magicka in short order.

Soul assault for the win ;)
  • Leach8888
    Leach8888
    I do what to have ganking ability, but dying in one or two hits does me no good either. For PVP I just need enough survivability to get me out of fights I can't win. As for PvE, survivability is key especially for dungeons as bosses and swarms of enemies rip your health in seconds. I use the healing staff with the magic regen passive to help regain some magic during those fights.
  • Leach8888
    Leach8888
    my character is account blane5523