Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Oh boy, maple and rawhide reward for master crafter. REALLY?

Altaire
Altaire
✭✭✭
It's time to own up ZOS. someone really messed up w/ One Tam changes to crafting. Time to fix this mess!
  • Karmanorway
    Karmanorway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like it. Gives me the opportunity to craft gear for my new guildlings. But yeah they should add 160 mats more often too, maybe both?
    Edited by Karmanorway on August 3, 2017 9:15AM
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it is a fair trade-off. Now you can farm for mats anywhere unlike before. So, that makes it easier to get top tier mats but impossible to farm lower tier mats. Those rewards of the lower tier mats are the only way to get those mats now without buying or trading. Also, the surveys net a good amount and I usually get 1 or 2 gold upgrade materials from the refining of the mats from the survey.

Now, I would not complain if the drop rate of the surveys was a little better.
  • Theosis
    Theosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    perhaps add a low level skill point for hireling.. not just send us matchsticks randomly
    This is were my signature would be if I was allowed one.
  • Altaire
    Altaire
    ✭✭✭
    It seems the rewards for doing writs are more a insult now. The reward should match better and not be just vendor trash.
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just think furniture and stuff should use some of those lower mats, specifically. then it would all be useful
  • jlboozer
    jlboozer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like it, how else would you get low level mats?
  • SlayerSyrena
    SlayerSyrena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like it to stay that way. I sometimes enjoy crafting for new players, so I need those low level mats.
    PC/NA, Level 50 * Current Champion Points: 1600+
    Cyndril - Bosmer Vampire Nightblade - Dual Wield Blades and Bow

***Member of the closed early beta group, The Psijic Order***
    Guest on first ESO Live
    My ESO fan art and comics
  • sudaki_eso
    sudaki_eso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jlboozer wrote: »

Why do you need low level mats? If you want to craft something for a new player then he can supply you with the mats.
    If you could upgrade those low level mats like in skyrim i wouldnt mind getting those :wink:
    PS4 EU - StamDK
  • medusasfolly
    medusasfolly
    ✭✭✭
    I really, really, really, really miss farming different types of mats. Yes, this new system may be more efficient, but boy is it visually boring. I miss the vibrant dwarven ore. The flowers on the yew log. The proud stance of the ebonthread. All that visual diversity gone. So sad. With most of my characters over cp160, all I ever see is red, red, red.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    jlboozer wrote: »

Decon the trash gear that drops from mobs. In 5 minutes of grinding you should have enough for a set of gear. In fact new players are better off obtaining materials this way than refining, since they don't have the passives; should sell the raw materials instead.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    *Sells them in his guild's store*
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Altaire wrote: »
    It's time to own up ZOS. someone really messed up w/ One Tam changes to crafting. Time to fix this mess!

This was a specific request from crafters who were worried they would not be able to acquire lower level mats to craft gear for other people. It's working as intended. You get your survey maps, which will give you mats at max level.
    I really, really, really, really miss farming different types of mats. Yes, this new system may be more efficient, but boy is it visually boring. I miss the vibrant dwarven ore. The flowers on the yew log. The proud stance of the ebonthread. All that visual diversity gone. So sad. With most of my characters over cp160, all I ever see is red, red, red.

Most of my alts only have a few points into crafting level for hireling purposes, so they actually get the mix of max level and mats at their level.
    The Moot Councillor
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Low level mats are fine. I think they need to address the drop rates of Ancestor Silk from Surveys. Seems like I'm always running low on silk.
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • Reivax
    Reivax
    ✭✭✭✭
    I buy low level materials in guild stores, they're not expensive if you're a max-level player, up in the CP levels. It's very cheap to buy more than enough mats to create armor and weapons at levels 1 to 6-7.. Then you get to like Galatite, voidstone, etc. They seem to be harder to find, I think people spend less time at the craft and player level that makes those materials show up to be harvested.
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

AlnilamE wrote: »
    Altaire wrote: »

This was a specific request from crafters who were worried they would not be able to acquire lower level mats to craft gear for other people. It's working as intended. You get your survey maps, which will give you mats at max level.

Most of my alts only have a few points into crafting level for hireling purposes, so they actually get the mix of max level and mats at their level.

they should never have given a rat's ass about it. there is no reason they should expect the crafters to even have the *** mats.Farm them your damn self.
  • Tarukmockto
    Tarukmockto
    ✭✭✭
    they should never have given a rat's ass about it. there is no reason they should expect the crafters to even have the *** mats. Farm them your damn self.

Ahhh, diversity. The thing that makes the world interesting. Your play style may vary from others.
    NA - DC - DK - PC
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Also keep in mind. Before 1T ADDED these boxes to non-survey crates, gou just missed out. These 25pc mat crates are gravy extra added.

Imo the rewards for master writs are more than generous foe their minimal investment but gimme more more more for easy mode seems to eventually win as they just did for alchey writs.

Besides, do tier one writs for great gains.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• O_LYKOS
    O_LYKOS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The low level mats have been like that for quite some time now. Quite useful imo

As for other rewards we get in them, very disappointing.
    PC NA - GreggsSausageRoll
    Xbox NA - CinnamonRoll266
  • magicsprout
    magicsprout
    ✭✭✭
    Plus side i can craft free traing gear for guildies. Minus side it creates a culture where at cp 160 they demand you supply mats (Which means i waste time shopping for them ). Then *** about the price of cost armour in purple. I now wont craft without mats at high levels
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol.. I go shopping for those exact items, for my five low level crafters, that will never have over a skill point in all trades. I harvest their surveys to my main crafter. End up getting 10 surveys some days. On a good day, over 1K of tier 10 raw mats. Yeah, it saves me gold when I get them as rewards.
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Again, why can the person wanting the gear simply not farm the mats themselves?
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Before One Tam there was a period where so many players are over c160 that all low level mats disappeared from the game, and it was impossible to find them in guild stores. Thus the low level kat rewards. Now lower level players can find most any kat they need in stores without farming, which benefits everyone by making the game less frustrating.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    davey1107 wrote: »
    Before One Tam there was a period where so many players are over c160 that all low level mats disappeared from the game, and it was impossible to find them in guild stores. Thus the low level kat rewards. Now lower level players can find most any kat they need in stores without farming, which benefits everyone by making the game less frustrating.

before 1T the lower tier mats were available for farming in different zones, depending on your political affiliations. So there was no shortage of lower mats if you wanted to go to them. The scaling of all nodes and the alchemy drop crates iirc all hit the same time with 1T.

IIRC it was more lack of demand than lack of supply that lead to so few lower tier mats eating up guild slots.

Well, of course they can... the beauty of 1T scaled nodes is you always get nodes that are related to your character, but there were a vocal few persistent posters that insisted too many people simply were not able to grasp the intricacies of farming nodes as they walked past them and that a steady supply of lower tier mats to master crafters was an absolute necessity or the world would end. There were also references to plenty who just refused to gather nodes but who insisted on and had a divine right to crafted gear for themselves anyway.

Its been a while so that might not be exact quotes but its close to the sentiment expressed.

So we got free added crap crates so that the world did not end.

And it worked... with these crates in place, the world has continued... so you have to admit, they were dead spot on.

A well done collaboration between crafters and ZOS to make sure the world survived and seven billionish folks never knew how close they came to oblivion.

me? i actually wish i could turn the crap crates on and off. All it does is populate my crafting window with options i can scroll past. its an incredibly minor annoyance i did not ask for.
    Edited by STEVIL on August 4, 2017 7:08PM
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    STEVIL wrote: »
    davey1107 wrote: »

before 1T the lower tier mats were available for farming in different zones, depending on your political affiliations. So there was no shortage of lower mats if you wanted to go to them. The scaling of all nodes and the alchemy drop crates iirc all hit the same time with 1T.

IIRC it was more lack of demand than lack of supply that lead to so few lower tier mats eating up guild slots.

Well, of course they can... the beauty of 1T scaled nodes is you always get nodes that are related to your character, but there were a vocal few persistent posters that insisted too many people simply were not able to grasp the intricacies of farming nodes as they walked past them and that a steady supply of lower tier mats to master crafters was an absolute necessity or the world would end. There were also references to plenty who just refused to gather nodes but who insisted on and had a divine right to crafted gear for themselves anyway.

Its been a while so that might not be exact quotes but its close to the sentiment expressed.

So we got free added crap crates so that the world did not end.

And it worked... with these crates in place, the world has continued... so you have to admit, they were dead spot on.

A well done collaboration between crafters and ZOS to make sure the world survived and seven billionish folks never knew how close they came to oblivion.

me? i actually wish i could turn the crap crates on and off. All it does is populate my crafting window with options i can scroll past. its an incredibly minor annoyance i did not ask for.

WEll Stevil obvious my question was for you,nor did I think you thought it was.personally if this were the truly the case of being entirely unavailable. Designating another skill point in the crafting skill line would solve that if you wish to find lower level mats would be a much better idea than making the materials entirely random. Not to mention you don't ever see the mat you put in if you do level 10 in the crates.Seems to me if you put that material in you should at least have a chance top get the mats within the crates.