Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Sharing Motifs Across Characters

Rainwhisper
Rainwhisper
✭✭✭✭✭
I level crafting on alts, but the odds of me ever actually making something on one are very low because motifs are so expensive that only my main has them.

How many folks collect motifs across multiple characters?

I ask, because I think it would be great if motifs were shared across characters, but - if a significant number of serious crafters have been actively working on maxing out motifs on multiple characters - I realize that would penalize them for their hard work.
  • mrdiamond666
    mrdiamond666
    ✭✭✭
    my main reads EVERYTHING, the next up will read stuff unless i want to sell it.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have aspirations of trying for master writ drops on any or all of your alts, then you'll want to start collecting purple and gold motif books. Begin with the cheapest complete books that you can find in the guild stores ... Ancient Elf, Barbaric, Primal, Daedric, and Mercenary.
  • Surragard
    Surragard
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you have aspirations of trying for master writ drops on any or all of your alts, then you'll want to start collecting purple and gold motif books. Begin with the cheapest complete books that you can find in the guild stores ... Ancient Elf, Barbaric, Primal, Daedric, and Mercenary.

I would point that that they are taking Ancient Elf, Barbaric, Primal, and Daedric out of the rotation for the next crown store update. I would assume that the price in-game to buy from another player/guild trader will go up so you may want to pick these up sooner rather than later if you're interested
    I don't always drink Skooma, but when I do I go to the Southwall Corner Club. May you walk on warm sands my friends.
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Surragard wrote: »

I would point that that they are taking Ancient Elf, Barbaric, Primal, and Daedric out of the rotation for the next crown store update. I would assume that the price in-game to buy from another player/guild trader will go up so you may want to pick these up sooner rather than later if you're interested

Removing an item from the Crown Store will not reduce the rate at which it drops in the game or is available for placement on guild traders (and hence, the price is unlikely to change).

Who on Tamriel would pay $50 for those 4 books that you can get for a few hundred gold in game anyhow?
    Edited by Tevalaur on August 4, 2017 5:11AM
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.