Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Questions about feral guardian

Sheylara
Sheylara
I'm level 15 Warden and a new player! Having trouble finding information about my bear, so I hope I can get some help with my questions here!

1. How do I know whether my bear is near dying since it doesn't have a health bar? It's never died before so I don't even know whether it can actually die.

(I try to do minimal damage so I don't get the aggro, especially for named mobs, but I worry it will get killed if I don't help more, and then I'll get pounded on!)

2. Do my aoe buffs and heals affect my bear?

3. Why does the bear sometimes disappear? Doesn't happen often, but like, once, I was running around in the open and got attacked. No bear to the rescue! I fought the mob alone for like 20 seconds before the bear decided to show up! :D
  • Kihamai
    Kihamai
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. You can turn on the pet healthbars in your settings. Nameplates > Healthbars > Friendly NPCs.
    2. Not sure about buffs but I believe your heals work. I think your buffs may work too but I'm not positive on that.
    3. The bear is pretty useless because its pathing is pretty bad in general. There have been numerous times my bear has been stuck in the ceiling or just disappears as I enter combat. Try using the command pet buttons (y + left click to attack, y + right click to call it back) to see if he comes back to help.
    pc na | trash tier
  • Sheylara
    Sheylara
    Thank you, @Calysis! That's very helpful! :)
  • Kihamai
    Kihamai
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Sheylara No problem! Also yes the bear can die, although there is a morph that if the bear dies it will come back without you needing to resummon it.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask me. I play on PC NA, if you play on there as well I would be happy to help you with anything in-game as well. ^^
    pc na | trash tier
  • Sheylara
    Sheylara
    @Calysis Aww thank you! You're so kind! Unfortunately I'm on PC EU, but thank you for the offer!