The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Torug's Pact first Bonus should be changed from giving Spell Damage to give both WD and SD

• jcaceresw
    jcaceresw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You stam cheaters have the best armor and weapon sets and you asking for more? What ZOS should do its to rework every gear to have the same stats for both stam and magicka. Example: You stam have a armor set that every bonus gives stam but no equivalent exists for magicka. Necropotence is not really it equivalent because it require a specific ability to be active in order to gain the bonus and not much people are willing to slot such ability because it do not go well with their playstyle.
  • Flameheart
    Flameheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tonnopesce wrote: »
    Then it will become the best set in the game next update for both magika and stamina...
    No ty

It will be already bis for stamina builds without changing the damage bonus to weapon damage too. In the above posted link with a parce that shows 8,7k dps added for a magDK on a 6 Million dummy, you should already get the idea that around 250 (?) weapon damage won't be a reason to not use this set for a stamina build. The estimated dps increase will still be higher as for every other set in the game.

Edited by Flameheart on August 1, 2017 2:55PM
    Sometimes the prey turns and nips us... it's a small thing.

So let the snow flakes and unicorns dance alone until they melt or vanish from existence, we will finish up with those smart enough to stay in the glowing circle of love.

Selissi - CP 1k+ Redguard Stamina Nightblade (Ebonheart Pact)
    Silmerel - CP 1k+ Breton Magicka Templar (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sunja - CP 1k+ Dunmer Magicka Nightblade (Ebonheart Pact)
    Suldreni - CP 1k+ Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sulhelka - CP 1k+ Altmer Magicka Sorcerer (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sylundine - CP 1k+ Breton Magicka Warden (Ebonheart Pact)

• Tonnopesce
    Tonnopesce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flameheart wrote: »
    Then it will become the best set in the game next update for both magika and stamina...
    No ty

It will be already bis for stamina builds without changing the damage bonus to weapon damage too. In the above posted link with a parce that shows 8,7k dps added for a magDK on a 6 Million dummy, you should already get the idea that around 250 (?) spell damage won't be a reason to not use this set for a stamina build. The estimated dps increase will still be higher as for every other set in the game.

I saw alcast video today with torug and infused weapon...it was ridiculous
    Edited by Tonnopesce on August 1, 2017 2:40PM
    Signature

• Flameheart
    Flameheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flameheart wrote: »
    No ty

It will be already bis for stamina builds without changing the damage bonus to weapon damage too. In the above posted link with a parce that shows 8,7k dps added for a magDK on a 6 Million dummy, you should already get the idea that around 250 (?) spell damage won't be a reason to not use this set for a stamina build. The estimated dps increase will still be higher as for every other set in the game.

I saw alcast video today with torug and infused weapon...it was ridiculous

Just found it.

https://youtu.be/ldCZp_9z-k4

OMG, 10-11k dps added by charged weapon.

ZOS what are you doing ??

Edited by Flameheart on August 1, 2017 3:03PM
    Sometimes the prey turns and nips us... it's a small thing.

So let the snow flakes and unicorns dance alone until they melt or vanish from existence, we will finish up with those smart enough to stay in the glowing circle of love.

Selissi - CP 1k+ Redguard Stamina Nightblade (Ebonheart Pact)
    Silmerel - CP 1k+ Breton Magicka Templar (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sunja - CP 1k+ Dunmer Magicka Nightblade (Ebonheart Pact)
    Suldreni - CP 1k+ Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sulhelka - CP 1k+ Altmer Magicka Sorcerer (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sylundine - CP 1k+ Breton Magicka Warden (Ebonheart Pact)

• GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-c6vNVodKfw
    Look at the enchantment procs
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldCZp_9z-k4
    Look at the dps.

This is what people want to protect.
    These sort of things, Selene, Velidreth, Ilambris, Grothdarr, Skoria, Venom, TFS, VD should not be defended.
    All you people saying "leave it as it is" and think that there won't be a day when everybody switches to cheese builds are deluded. It will happen and you won't be having anymore fun. Then you will see how bad they are for the game.

I've find my cheese build. As soon as HOTR goes live, without balancing Torugs Pact, I'm switching to the new ench proc meta. If @ZOS doesn't see that armors like these do damage to the game, the people will show them.

Infused DW, Direct damage CP, Light/Heavy CP, full tanky, full def/heal abilities (stamina or magika) and enjoy the Enchantments melting you.
    Edited by GeorgeBlack on August 1, 2017 3:21PM
  • Hurika
    Hurika
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bow/DW (or S/B) build. Clever Alchemist back bar, open with lethal arrow and poison injection, switch to main bar with Torug's and spam light attack with minor defile on offhand and oblivion on main. The target has major/minor defile, an executioner style dot ticking which should negate a lot of healing if they try and oblivion damage from light attacks cutting down what little health they have if they try to block or shield spam.

Well I guess dodge roll looks a little better now.

I see this hurting shield classes more than heal classes.
    Edited by Hurika on August 1, 2017 6:36PM
  • rosendoichinoveb17_ESO
    rosendoichinoveb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    1. They already nerfed it. Read the patch notes on PTS from two weeks ago.
    2. I need to stop reading your threads

What do you mean "nerfed it". Alcast posted a video yesterday on how it currently performs on the PTS. He basically got 30% of his total damage as enchant procs. So it is still the most OP set in the game when the PTS changes go live.

Edited by rosendoichinoveb17_ESO on August 1, 2017 6:44PM
  • Aisle9
    Aisle9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, I think all the little gankblades are scared that their losing their crutch proc sets and Torug is gonna de-throne their scrubby butts, lol. I love it.

Easy fix, switch viper for torug, ignore the spell damage, rejoice as you're now tankier and do more damage, ???, profit.

Changed nothing
    Artemis Absinthe - DC magicka nightblade (PC - EU)
    Gruzosh Barrelsmasher - DC stamina sorcerer (PC - EU)
    Kew'bacca - AD stamina nightblade (PC - EU)
    Jebediah Orbrynn - DC magicka templar (PC - EU)
    Hold-Many-Bags - Mule DK, Promoted to main tank, occasionally stamDD
    Olaf Proudstache - Mule - No longer with us Now a Stamwarden healer
    Aglieglie Brazorf - AD magicka sorcerer (PC - EU)
    Rodolfo Lavandino - DC stamina, greatsword wielding, Jesus beam spamming, Redguard hybrid templar just a stamplar again (PC - EU)
    Lemmy Raise Master - EP stamina necromancer (PC - EU)

Scions of Dawn recruitment ad - PC EU multifaction PvE endgame raiding guild

LUI user - I can see you when you fap loot.

#SpellswordArmy
    #MakeSpellswordsGreatAgain

In the Game of PuGs you win or you ragequit

"Dip dip potato chip, dip dip potato chip"
  • Hurika
    Hurika
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aisle9 wrote: »
    Honestly, I think all the little gankblades are scared that their losing their crutch proc sets and Torug is gonna de-throne their scrubby butts, lol. I love it.

Easy fix, switch viper for torug, ignore the spell damage, rejoice as you're now tankier and do more damage, ???, profit.

Changed nothing

Agree. In the case of classes that rely on shields - instead of surviving a gank with 5-10% life and then going into shield spam mode, the ganker will just light attack 1-2 times and they are dead.
  • Judas Helviaryn
    Judas Helviaryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    And here I've been using torugs and infused weapons long before it came into the spotlight for PVP. I kept my mouth shut, because people inevitably call for nerfs on anything they don't like.

Thanks people.
  • Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    1. They already nerfed it. Read the patch notes on PTS from two weeks ago.
    2. I need to stop reading your threads

What do you mean "nerfed it". Alcast posted a video yesterday on how it currently performs on the PTS. He basically got 30% of his total damage as enchant procs. So it is still the most OP set in the game when the PTS changes go live.

There was a message that flashed on the video toward the beginning saying that the other person with him was debuffing the target ... a target that stood absolutely still and did nothing in response to be pummeled. It would be nice if I had someone follow me around Cyro debuffing all my targets ... targets who stood still while I pummeled them.

You know there are shields that absorb and/or reflect damage. There is also evasion and dodge roll, not to mention block. We have armor sets that buff health regen to high heaven as well as max health. Oh yea, didn't some mundus stones get buffed? And didn't many armor stats get buffed? Surely with all these buffs, there will be some combination(s) that will counter whatever.
  • O_LYKOS
    O_LYKOS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why the request to change it only now? Why was no love for this "unique and cool" set shown prior?

Must have something to do with the PTS lmao

People want changes only when something comes to be possible BiS and showcased by streamers smh
    PC NA - GreggsSausageRoll
    Xbox NA - CinnamonRoll266
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't dw users already benefit most from torugs because they can have two weapon enchants? If the problem is powerful enchants and stam builds can have more...

This is a stupid question from someone who has never tested the torugs, so feel free to correct me.
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I made two points.
    The first is that Torugs Pact on PTS is bugged at the moment and it needs to be looked at. Undeniable fact.

Two. There is a clear favoritism for magika classes. Undeniable fact.

Give WD bonus to the set that's going to be the most OP meta ever.

Edited by GeorgeBlack on August 2, 2017 7:29AM
  • LZH
    LZH
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do people not realize that Torug's Pact on the PTS is BUGGED?

From 3.1.1 PTS Patch Notes:

Item Sets
    Torug’s Pact: This item set now reduces the cooldown of your weapon enchantment by 30% instead of one second, and is multiplicative with the cooldown reduction of the Infused trait.

Note the key-word MULTIPLICATIVELY.

The cooldown reduction applied by Infused and Torug's together is intended to be 1-(1-0.5)(1-.03) = 65%

This would mean that a 4 second enchant has a cooldown of 1.4 seconds.

Currently on the PTS the cooldown reductions are stacking ADDITIVELY which means that they are providing 80% cooldown reduction.

This means that on the PTS, 4 second enchants only have a cooldown of 0.8 seconds.

Once ZOS fixes this bug, enchantments with the above setup will be effectively proccing around half as often, because you can only attack once per second.

Any of these parses you see with 12K dps from shock enchant and another 6K from fire enchant will be ~6K and ~3K after this bug is fixed.
    Edited by LZH on August 2, 2017 7:31AM
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You people still fail to realise that it isn´t Torug´s that is the problem. The problem lies with the fact that the infused trait is broken/not working as intended at the moment:
    Liofa wrote: »
    Ok , seeing all these ''nerf torugs'' comments , I don't mean just this thread , all threads about torug's in general , I feel like I need to clear some things up for you . First of all , go read OP . Understand that intended cooldown is 1.4 seconds . Current cooldown on PTS is 0.8 seconds . Because it is bugged . Just fixing this bug will reduce the overall DPS of enchants almost by half because enchants will proc less frequently . You need to understand this first .

Using Infused on 1 weapon also reduces the cooldown of back bar enchants which is completely broken .

Using Infused on Main Hand while dual wielding reduces cooldown of off-hand enchant which also is not intended .

Using Infused trait on Main Hand buffs the vMA Bow enchants power , also broken .

These are just the problems about Infused . When all these are fixed , Torug's is nowhere near being BiS . Because of these bugs , people think Torug's Pact is a problem . It is not . As many others said , this set is in the game from the very start and now being a balance issue because of the bugs we have in PTS . We already did our part by reporting these bugs , several times actually . Doing the rest is up to ZOS . It is their job to fix these bugs .

To sum up , stop suggesting nerfs to Torug's Pact set . It is the bugs we have on PTS that makes it strong . Without bugs , it is nowhere being as strong as people think . I am sorry but all I see in these comments I mentioned is people speaking nonsense , not even knowing how to spell the set's name correctly . Rant over .

Edited by Qbiken on August 2, 2017 7:36AM
  • PaulD
    PaulD
    ✭✭✭
    Blah blah blah - I'm not happy that I have more armor than mages and will kill them if they don't just DOT and keep me out of reach. I want to do more damage too. I'll be mad if I don't get this, and it will ruin the game because I know everyone feels exactly the same way. And I want the devs to be very lazy and make all armor have the same stats for both stamina and magicka. In the same order. But the stam sets get to keep the extra armor.

This is all I get out of these gripes.
  • Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No -> OP
    Edited by Thrasher91604 on August 3, 2017 12:38AM
  • Barbaran
    Barbaran
    ✭✭✭✭
    so evetytime a BiS happens and its not for stam because you play stam, it should be changed to accomodate you?
    where was my magicka version of viper and selene this patch then?
    you kids are rediculas