Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Forgotten Stairs in hakkvild's High Hall

MornaBaine
MornaBaine
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
For surely Zeni... you did not MEAN to make the upper level galleries in the main house inaccessible to us, right? PLEASE fix this oversight and put some nice stairs up to there! And while I am absolutely delighted that this house has a crypt and catacombs I am saddened to see that the house itself has so little useable space. :(
PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a door hidden away next to the doorway to the main room that will take you up there, very easy to miss, but it only gives access to one side
    PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
    Paints-With-Frogs - Argonian Nightblade
    Swee Troll - Crafter Dragonknight
  • ajm1946
    ajm1946
    ✭✭✭
    place wide plank in the gaps between the upper level galleries and you just walk thru the low balistrade
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks. I'll revisit it today and check that out. It still seems ridiculous to me that there are no stairs up to there especially since there's a perfect place for them as well. For the prices we know they are going to be asking for these places... they need to be perfect.

• BrianDavion
    BrianDavion
    ✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    For surely Zeni... you did not MEAN to make the upper level galleries in the main house inaccessible to us, right? PLEASE fix this oversight and put some nice stairs up to there! And while I am absolutely delighted that this house has a crypt and catacombs I am saddened to see that the house itself has so little useable space. :(

honestly the whole house feels "phoned in" the outside is gorgous, but the inside is a joke. I'm honestly kinda annoyed at this. given that right now in game we have three Nord houses, and of those two are pretty much the same except one has a yard, I'm a little annoyed.
  • Incognitius
    Incognitius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got some pictures of the ocation of the strangely placed doors. For the ppl like me who are having problems locating them. I've must have passed that door in the doorway six times before I saw that it was a door. :D

Downstairs
    bOZk5es.png

Upstairs
    mzX92cE.png
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah once I knew to look for it I found the door. But that door ONLY gives you access to HALF the upper area and I would have preferred stairs to the lazy "poof you're there!" that they decided to employ. Plus the downstairs is ringed with unuseable "benches" behind a railing with no entrance and do not have a sit function. What the heck is the purpose of that? To make the place useable I had to fill those "benches" in with planks so that this simply became a surface I could place items on. It took 2 of them for each "bench" area. I was able to bridge the gap in the upper area using Orc platforms and the stage with stairs. Then I was able to build a bedroom up there using the Orc platforms and stages with stairs. All of this, of course, eats into the precious item count. I was also annoyed to realize there was no fireplace. So I built one. More precious item slots for a feature that should already logically be there.

I have YET to see Zeni bother to take any player feedback regarding player housing into account and they have made ZERO suggested changes to houses after asking us to test/review them on PTS. So all of this is likely falling on deaf ears, which is scandalous considering the prices they charge for these little pixel palaces. This is also billed as a "Notable Home" so while it should have the precious 24 player cap it is likely going to be hideously expensive. It would be nice to have them listen for once, that being the case.

• BrianDavion
    BrianDavion
    ✭✭✭✭
    yeah as I said it feels like they phoned it in,
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "not enough useable space"
    Next week: "not enough housing item slots in this house, surely you didn't mean this ZoS"
    Does it ever end?
    I've said it so many times, they listen if there is enough demand for them to do so. Most people probably never hit the player or item caps except for people with poor design skills (or people making giant candle names and floating arenas)
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "not enough useable space"
    Next week: "not enough housing item slots in this house, surely you didn't mean this ZoS"
    Does it ever end?
    I've said it so many times, they listen if there is enough demand for them to do so. Most people probably never hit the player or item caps except for people with poor design skills (or people making giant candle names and floating arenas)

While it's flattering to have such a devoted follower, please understand that when I say "not enough useable space" I refer to the fact that the place was clearly NOT designed as a house where people live but rather a great hall where a thane or jarl would basically hold court. And that's great. But if you preview the furnished version there is odd furniture scattered everywhere, including beds. It's almost like they are trying to fool you into thinking it's a house. It clearly isn't. To turn it into one you have to do a lot of work using a lot of items that eat up the item count. For the prices they ask for these things most of us expect better.

• BrianDavion
    BrianDavion
    ✭✭✭✭
    And I don't think it's unreasonably to ask for the BIOG CASTLE IN THE MIDDLE to have additional rooms, If I bought this I can't imagine putting crap in the crypts etc. I'd want a big "nord style castle"