The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Recommend me a Stam Warden setup for flawless conquerer.

Casul
Casul
✭✭✭✭✭
Ok so I took a shot at VMA last night. And made it to final wave of round 1 xD. I need advice bad. My damage isn't bad imo but I can't keep it up. I'm running 5 auto, 5 sword singer, and 1 kragh. All perfect trait and purple except gold weapons. I have 20k hp 30k stam 1.5k regen. 3.1k weapon damage. 55% crit chance and 90% crit damage. Bar are as follows.

Bar 1
Dizzy swing
Crit rush
Reverse slice
Bird of prey
Evil hunter

Bar 2
Rally
Caltrops
Vigor
Netch
Evil hunter

Any advice for the build. Or advice for what I can build instead to get stronger? Or any VMA tips? This is my 1st attempt at VMA btw.
Edited by Casul on July 31, 2017 5:02PM
PvP needs more love.

Best Answer

• Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're issue is no sustain. A pretty typical and easy to get setup for stam is 5 hundings and 5 spriggans with either 1 kragh and 1 veli or 2 veli which I like because it The three spores can damage multiple enemies. You can go 7 medium divines or 5 medium 2 heavy or 6 and 1. Also make sure you have about 18k health whether through attribute pts or glyphs. Being around cp 500 for your first run is easier. Duel wielding gives you blood crazy and blood thirst which are both heals. You're going to need to learn to heavy attack to sustain stamina unless you have vicious ophidian set. Also whether you go dw or 2H, use a bow for your back bar so that you can use endless hail and either poison enjection or the other morph which is an interruption at range and can be very helpful. You'll also want rearming trap. Personally I don't think caltrops is very useful unless you're very good with sustain because it's a real stamina drain. I'd suggest checking out some guides. No offense but round one should be a walk in the park and if it's not then you need to examine the fundimentals of your gameplay and setup. Idk what the warden heals are like I think some are good, but you'll probably want vigor as well.
    Edited by Vapirko on July 31, 2017 6:00PM
    Answer ✓
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How do I get vicious orphidia? I know it's from trials but I've never done them so do I get a piece after every boss like dungeons? Or is it like once I complete the trial I get 1 piece? Can I do normal and still get usable gear or should I get stronger and do veteran? I don't know what I'm getting myself into with this lol. Also can I get by with using just bloodthirst and blood craze as my heals? Or should I use Vigor on my bow bar too?
    PvP needs more love.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BuildMan wrote: »
    How do I get vicious orphidia? I know it's from trials but I've never done them so do I get a piece after every boss like dungeons? Or is it like once I complete the trial I get 1 piece? Can I do normal and still get usable gear or should I get stronger and do veteran? I don't know what I'm getting myself into with this lol. Also can I get by with using just bloodthirst and blood craze as my heals? Or should I use Vigor on my bow bar too?

No you'll probably need blood crazy/thirst as well as vigor. But the warden has self heals too, I'm not sure about them though since I don't play warden. Vicious ophidian pieces come from sanctum ophidia, yeah you can do t normal you'll just have blue jewlery. Pieces drop from chests and bosses mostly and also from the weekly quest reward. You'll still need to heavy attack sometimes probably. Vma is incredibly hard, it's more like pvp in that you need to constantly be dps and heals, and you need to know your rotation, keep up your buffs and really know your ***.
    Edited by Vapirko on July 31, 2017 6:16PM
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What kind of dps will I need for nSO? My dps parse on dummy was 14k. So is that enough everyone I've seen says 25k-30k should I just respec to a tank I have a few pieces of ebon and I can craft heavy sturdy up to 4 or 5 trait so maybe I can use hist bark.
    PvP needs more love.
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You should worry about getting your first clear before you start thinking about Flawless Conqueror. After you get the spawn points memorized and if you just want to focus on getting flawless then I'd recommend going with 5 VO/5 Black Rose with vMA weapons. This is how I did it after getting sick of getting all those 1-3 death clears and I did it on the second try (would've been first try but my sprint button got suck and I died with 8% left on last boss). The vMA weapons makes up for some of the damage you lose out on by going with heavy armor.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danksta wrote: »
    You should worry about getting your first clear before you start thinking about Flawless Conqueror. After you get the spawn points memorized and if you just want to focus on getting flawless then I'd recommend going with 5 VO/5 Black Rose with vMA weapons. This is how I did it after getting sick of getting all those 1-3 death clears and I did it on the second try (would've been first try but my sprint button got suck and I died with 8% left on last boss). The vMA weapons makes up for some of the damage you lose out on by going with heavy armor.

Ok so what?

VO for jewelry and belt and gloves. Then black rose for rest? Could I run shacklebreaker swords till I get maelstrom weapons?

And I went for flawless conquerer so people would understand my overall goal. I want the achievements. Not the weapons (they are a bonus definitely though).

I saw alot of people just melting bosses in videos but it seems that I'm gonna have to take it slow so the defensive approach would probably help.

Here's a question though. Can I use the relics and still get flawless conquerer? I never used them in normal but not sure if they are ok to use for the achievements.
    PvP needs more love.
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Danksta wrote: »

Ok so what?

VO for jewelry and belt and gloves. Then black rose for rest? Could I run shacklebreaker swords till I get maelstrom weapons?

And I went for flawless conquerer so people would understand my overall goal. I want the achievements. Not the weapons (they are a bonus definitely though).

I saw alot of people just melting bosses in videos but it seems that I'm gonna have to take it slow so the defensive approach would probably help.

Here's a question though. Can I use the relics and still get flawless conquerer? I never used them in normal but not sure if they are ok to use for the achievements.

I wouldn't recommend this build for vMA beginners though. It would be for getting flawless only. The reason being is it will lower your damage and that combined with the fact your not going to be blowing up high priority targets as they're spawning will make some rounds get pretty overwhelming, even in heavy armor. If you didn't have vMA daggers/axes in good traits I'd recommend daggers and something with a crit bonus (like Hunding's Rage for example) to make up for lost crit from not using medium. Bow doesn't matter, just what ever bow you're currently using should be fine.

I'm assuming by relics you mean the power-ups. If so, yes you can use them for flawless, they just lower your score.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok so would this be good for a beginner setup?

2 shacklebreaker swords (I have up to 6 trait so that's why swords if not I'd have to go with 3 trait daggers) (also what's better I have sharpened, precise, nirnhoned all available)

5 Hunding Rage (2 heavy 3 medium)
    5 VO (2 medium 3 jewelry)

Then I could also make my own pots cause I just got master alchemy. Would I use restore health restore stamina for those?

Also what about poisons? I saw some nifty restore stamima poisons that could help with sustain? Or maybe the restore health ones?

Mundus stone? Serpent or theif? I'm using shadow now.

How should my CP be placed?

Btw I appreciate all the help from you fellas a ton!
    PvP needs more love.
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ok so would this be good for a beginner setup?

2 shacklebreaker swords (I have up to 6 trait so that's why swords if not I'd have to go with 3 trait daggers) (also what's better I have sharpened, precise, nirnhoned all available)
    Sharpened is currently king and I believe next patch won't change that as far as stam vMA goes. If nothing else it will still be very good.

5 Hunding Rage (2 heavy 3 medium)
    5 VO (2 medium 3 jewelry)
    This is alright but you'd be better off going 5 VO (jewelry, 2 medium) 5 Hunding's (with swords since you can't make daggers then which ever you prefer as far as medium and heavy, just make sure you have 5 medium) and 2 veli or 2 kraghs or one of each. If you don't have any good monster sets then what you listed will work.

Then I could also make my own pots cause I just got master alchemy. Would I use restore health restore stamina for those?
    Just use trash pots. I use trash pots unless I'm using spell power/weapon power pots because I don't have access to the buff in a class skill.

Also what about poisons? I saw some nifty restore stamima poisons that could help with sustain? Or maybe the restore health ones?
    Enchants would be better than poisons. I'd use weapon damage glyph, poison and disease. Put the weapon damage one on your front bar.

Mundus stone? Serpent or theif? I'm using shadow now.
    Thief

How should my CP be placed?
    I don't have a Warden leveled up so I don't know the optimal set up.

Btw I appreciate all the help from you fellas a ton!

BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have access to selene set? Would this be ok? I could probably farm velidreth if I tried.
    PvP needs more love.
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have access to selene set? Would this be ok? I could probably farm velidreth if I tried.

I never like the idea of Selene's in vMA, though I've never tried it. The reason being is it has a delay before it hits and on trash mobs you're likely to kill a mob and have it proc on a corpse. I've noticed the same thing with Skoria. You could give it a shot and see if it works though, it should work fine on bosses which I guess is the main thing now.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think veli is hands down the best for vma. It's huge damage and often takes out adds for you. I think the issue is that you're coming at vma without a basic understanding of your class and how to dps/heal and which skills to use. How are you at vet dungeons? Are you a dps? What are your numbers like? Can you pull the damage necessary to beat vma?
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    I think veli is hands down the best for vma. It's huge damage and often takes out adds for you. I think the issue is that you're coming at vma without a basic understanding of your class and how to dps/heal and which skills to use. How are you at vet dungeons? Are you a dps? What are your numbers like? Can you pull the damage necessary to beat vma?

Ok well here's the issue. In coming into dps new. I am mainly a tank in vet dungeons so that's where my experience lies. Like I mentioned before my dps is 15k parses on dummy. Which seems low. I think I need at least 25k. As far as my class goes. Well I have about 15 days of server time. So I'm fairly experienced. I have soloed every world boss in daggerfall covenant except 1, but those don't seem difficult compared to vMA. I'm honestly not sure what skills to use though. Whenever I go dual weild I feel that my damage is bad. But I really enjoy the extra healing I get and also blade cloak is nice for defense.
    PvP needs more love.