Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Morrowind 'worth it' questions (ANSWERED)

• Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Great zone, great value I think, even though I may avoid the telvani quest line next time... they are, well... shall we say, very hard to like :/
  • Benie
    Benie
    ✭✭✭
    Guys. May I ask why all of you are still posting to this thread (even though I said "please, no more responses")? I got the thing last month (though I so wanted to tell Zenimax to "choke on it") for 29% off through Green Man Gaming.

Now can we please stop responding in here? Thank you.
    --Char info updated as of March 23rd, 2016 - PC NA--
    Benie - VR1 Argonian Stam DragonKnight (2H Sword/Bow/WW)
    Beniee - VR3 Nord Mag Sorcerer (Destruction Staff)

Well-known hotbar button spammer
  • ThePonzzz
    ThePonzzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd honestly say it is not worth it to anyone struggling to know if $40 is okay to spend. That's my personal opinion. I was able to beat the majority of content in a week, taking my time, playing maybe a couple hours a day. It took about a month to get about 90% of the achievements.

There are several issues I had with Morrowind being sold as an expansion as opposed to a DLC. For one, I expected multiple zones, as that would have been a big difference from the DLC model. But I think ZOS struggled with the concept that this wasn't DLC and I don't think what they delivered was proof this wasn't a DLC.
    Benie wrote: »
    Guys. May I ask why all of you are still posting to this thread (even though I said "please, no more responses")? I got the thing last month (though I so wanted to tell Zenimax to "choke on it") for 29% off through Green Man Gaming.

Now can we please stop responding in here? Thank you.

Threads get bumped, best thing you can do is clear out your OP. Most of us don't read an entire thread before responding for the first time.
    Edited by ThePonzzz on August 7, 2017 7:42PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Benie wrote: »
    -I'm primarily a PvEr, is there a lot of content for it (and is this also part of the 'One Tamriel' thing'?
    -(An extension to the first question) I'm hearing that the content is only 40 hours long (according to a post made back in January of this year). Is this true?
    -Is the new 'Warden' class good for if I wanted to roll as a Bow-only 'WoW-like Hunter' spec? (Main burning question as I have a Stam Sorc that only uses a bow)
    (!NEW!)-Does this expand upon the single player questline, to prove (in my opinion) it's a 'chapter' as it claims ingame?

I think that's all the questions I have.

1. Yes, lots of content, including the hardest trial in the game
    2. I rolled a character into Morrowind and I was at 35 hours played and had a few quests left over. While I did not speed click, I also did not really putter. I also did not do all the exploration achievements in those 35 hours, and those took about another 15 hours focusing on those with no addons
    3. I am still trying to figure out my Warden. I can be effective with him, but, there are some things lacking. Mostly that most of the good skills have a cast time or a spawn time that lowers their usefulness.
    4. It is a separate quest line all together from the main game quest lines. More of a Zone Story than anything else.

As for content, there are a number of Tombs and Ruins with Doors that are partially blocked and can not be opened. If ZOS ever actually makes those accessible and puts some content behind them, then Morrowind is hands down an excellent addition to the game. In it's current state, I call it a good addition to the game, but kind of expensive.

Bottom Line, buy it on sale.

Edited by Nestor on August 7, 2017 10:11PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"