The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Mephala in Elder Scrolls Online

mb10
mb10
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I've only just realised the significance of Mephala in group dungeons in ESO. You would normally suspect a daedric prince to be up to something once or twice but Mephala is a recurring theme in many group dungeons in ESO.

These are:
Crypt of Hearts 1
Crypt of Hearts 2
Nerien'eth finds the Ebony Blade not aware of what it was and eventually gets corrupted by Mephala to kill his wife, teachers and students.

Fungal Grotto 1 - You help lead a secretive group of Mephala worshippers to a shrine.
Fungal Grotto 2 - You help the Fighters Guild clear the cave and destroy the Mephala worshippers.

Spindleclutch 1 - You help the Fighters Guild clear a cave of spiders, not knowing of the presence of Mephala who uses the voice of a spider daedra to drive some of the members mad.

Cradle of Shadows - Velidreth, a Mephala servent has been luring assassins to Cradle of Shadows to create the Silken Ring which is a group of assassins devoted to Mephala. You help a Shadowscale destroy the assassins and Velidreth

*Note - Selene's Web has relation to spiders but nothing evident of relation to Mephala

In total, that is 6 different times we have to deal with Mephala in group dungeons in ESO and I havent completed enough quests on the mainland to know if Mephala occurs again but what is your opinion on this?
It would be good to create a discussion on why you think ZOS keeps using Mephala and what do you think the future will hold as Varen prophises that the Daedra war will in fact, feature Mephala.

Time for your opinions :)
  • Jacen_Veron
    Jacen_Veron
    ✭✭✭
    It absolutely will. The Spiral Skein, Mephala's realm of Oblivion, was (I believe) slated to be a later DLC. Most likely to come after the Clockwork City.

But I am pulling this from my memory of something I read months ago.
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lies and murder and secret plots amongst other things are Mephala's realm. "Mephala's only consistent theme seems to be interference in the affairs of mortals for amusement. Mephala's sphere seems to indicate a careful plan carried out through executions, each life a portion of a massive web."

So it is quite expected she gets involved in so many things. She is amusing herself and probably weaving a web trying to pull herself closer to the affairs of Nirn or making a power grab for Nirn since it is floating closer to her than ever

"If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
  • Bonzodog01
    Bonzodog01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From my fairly extensive knowledge of the overland quests (done cadwells silver/gold 3 times now....), Mephala appears on a few occasions - She is featured in a few delves around Tamriel, and you deal with her directly in the Nilata Ruins where you attempt to rescue someone from her clutches.
    Xbox One - EU - EP/DC
    Trying and failing to hold the walls of his Templar house up since 2015
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bonzodog01 wrote: »
    From my fairly extensive knowledge of the overland quests (done cadwells silver/gold 3 times now....), Mephala appears on a few occasions - She is featured in a few delves around Tamriel, and you deal with her directly in the Nilata Ruins where you attempt to rescue someone from her clutches.

@Bonzodog01 Nice, thank you! I was sure she appeared in delves too. So far in ESO shes definitely the 2nd most involved daedric prince after Molag Bal but it doesnt seem as if she is at the same time, its a bit weird.
    We'll see in the Daedra war
  • Scyantific
    Scyantific
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mb10 wrote: »

@Bonzodog01 Nice, thank you! I was sure she appeared in delves too. So far in ESO shes definitely the 2nd most involved daedric prince after Molag Bal but it doesnt seem as if she is at the same time, its a bit weird.

Technically I would put her at rank 3 due to Uncle Sheogorath being almost completely involved in the Mages' Guild questline, which is a crucial tie-in to the main quest.
  • KeiruNicrom
    KeiruNicrom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well there is also evidence of Mephala having a hand in Wrothgar. Specifically she is mentioned in journals in Morkuldin as the one who showed the Morkul clan where to find it and even being the one to have it sealed away later on. Why? My theory is that Forge mother Alga, being the brains behind the entire Wrothgar political issue, is a mephalan cultist and Mephala was using her to gather the orcs together as an army to attack the dunmer and reclaim her revered status in Morrowind.

I have yet to play through the chapter so i dont know of any evidence there to support this but the actions of Alga towards the Morkul clan just seem too strange to not have an underlying purpose. She takes the younger daughter of morkul to be Kurogs wife, leaving the elder daughter to feel insulted. The elder daughter sets out to find Morkuldin(previously sealed by Mephala and her children swarming the place) and reactivates it with the hero of wrothgars help (who was also invited to wrothgar by Alga and asked to help Kurog). The morkul clan once again has access to the blood forge where the best weapons and armour known to Tamriel were forged, the elder daughter returns with pride telling the clan to help build Orsinium and the Morkul chief agrees to attend the moot where the chiefs will be betrayed.

Morkul clan got its renown thanks to Mephala, the forge sealed because of her, then a series of events started by Alga has it reopened and the Morkul join Orsinium as allies because of it. All too convenient IMO. Alga is a planner, coniving like the webspinner herself. With Alga controlling the Orsimer Mephala must plan to use them somehow, and with the three banner war currently in effect it would not be unusual for one faction to attack the home of another. A simple guise for the final objective of revenge against the Dunmeri tribunal dont you think?
    #conspiracy #mephalasweb #psijicorder

Or uncle sheo just visits me too often and i see spider webs where there are none

Either way it is obvious that Mephala has the largest hand in mortal affairs during the time of ESO. Perhaps even as much as Molag Bal, though much more subtle
    Edited by KeiruNicrom on August 2, 2017 9:19PM
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ive also just realised Mephala didnt sign the Coldharbour Compact
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Someone already brought up the quest with the husband and twin sisters, but she also appears in Reaper's March in a quest with Telenger.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scyantific wrote: »
    mb10 wrote: »

Technically I would put her at rank 3 due to Uncle Sheogorath being almost completely involved in the Mages' Guild questline, which is a crucial tie-in to the main quest.

Mephala probably surpasses Sheogorath, when you remember that the Morag Tong are affiliated with her.
  • BrianDavion
    BrianDavion
    ✭✭✭✭
    It absolutely will. The Spiral Skein, Mephala's realm of Oblivion, was (I believe) slated to be a later DLC. Most likely to come after the Clockwork City.

But I am pulling this from my memory of something I read months ago.

yeah but it'll proably just be another 2 dungeons :)
  • PrayingSeraph
    PrayingSeraph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is also that side quest in I think Bangkorai where she appears near the end in a spirit like form similar to how Meridia chose to appear, but purple and different body. She is definitely going to be a player in the upcoming Daedric war. And as mentioned above, Spiral Skein will be futureDLC. It may likely be just two dungeons, but you never know.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My suspicion, and this has been the case since the Morrowind Beta, is that Mephala is one of the Daedra involved in the war. I kinda suspect, she's going to be the next villain.
  • HugsAlotOfBosmer
    Well she surely will have something to do with the whole thing the prohet mentioned, plus we will be visiting her realm soon or later. Like if ya look at the zones they showed at Quakecon 2014, we saw bits of mephala's realm. So they most have planned something for her for a long time now.

SO PRAISE MEHPALA, AND BOW DOWN TO HER YOU INFIDEL!
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mephala's Realm is going to be part of a future DLC that extends the main quest storyline as we saw in Orsinium. There is a "Daedric War" approaching. First we will get a Clockwork City DLC though to extend the story (possible this 4th quarter!!).