The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Shadowy Supplier items need a refresh - too much poisoned blood

runagate
runagate
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
This is by no means the only Poisoned Blood collection I have.
It just happens to be the ones I stored in my crafting snugpod.
Given that the first option of the Shadowy Supplier is such a great passive much like a Hireling for alchemy supplies I currently have it on 9 of my 14 characters I believe. I can't help but think long-time players will end up with a scary amount of Blood stashed in nooks everywhere. Given that it's not tradeable (BoP) I think it's time for a new item to be swapped in for DB furnishing for Remains-Silent.

slg3bv0gy2db.png
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    How do you get poisoned blood anyway? I'd like some, but can't figure out which option to use with The Bequeather.
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    How do you get poisoned blood anyway? I'd like some, but can't figure out which option to use with The Bequeather.

@thatlaurachick You get the poisoned blood from the first option. I can't remember what it's called but it is def the first option.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    "Remain Silent"? I've tried it but was just exited out of the dialogue. I'll give it another shot for a few days on 3 alts.
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    "Remain Silent"? I've tried it but was just exited out of the dialogue. I'll give it another shot for a few days on 3 alts.

No, the first option that is functional - easy mistake when not looking at the interface and trying to explain it to someone.

It's the potions and alchemy mats option
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you speak to her, you can pick one of three options, each of which yielding a container of useful items.

"Have any poisons or potions today?" yields a Toxin Satchel, which can contain:
    5 Alliance Potions
    5 Rogue's Potions
    A collection of Alchemy mats
    Poisoned Blood

"Have anything that can help make me less noticeable?" can yield:
    An Assassin's Potion Kit, containing 5 samples of a Rogue's Potion.
    Candles of Silence
    Counterfeit Pardon Edict
    Light and Shadow
    An Unmarked Sack, containing a Monk's Disguise.

"Have any equipment today?" can yield:
    random item from the Sithis' Touch set.
    Sacrificial Heart

I highlighted the furniture items you get from the various options for you!
    Edited by LMar on August 1, 2017 1:09AM
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've gotten 3 more just since I made this post. At some point my friends will start looking at me weirdly.
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    runagate wrote: »
    I've gotten 3 more just since I made this post. At some point my friends will start looking at me weirdly.

That already happens bro :p
    Edited by casparian on August 1, 2017 6:35PM
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • OmniDo
    OmniDo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ive been farming for Light and Shadow's, but have only managed to acquire 4 total across 5 chars that check it daily.

Theres a decided lack of Macabre-style furnishing items in ESO, though they are adding a few with the next patch.
    For those of us who love themes, there are very few "vampire-esque" items in the game.
    A coffin here and there, skulls, a few skulls, some gargoyles, and a small bowl of blood, but really not much beyond that.
    Edited by OmniDo on August 1, 2017 10:24PM
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    OmniDo wrote: »
    Ive been farming for Light and Shadow's, but have only managed to acquire 4 total across 5 chars that check it daily.

Theres a decided lack of Macabre-style furnishing items in ESO, though they are adding a few with the next patch.
    For those of us who love themes, there are very few "vampire-esque" items in the game.
    A coffin here and there, skulls, a few skulls, some gargoyles, and a small bowl of blood, but really not much beyond that.

The drop rate for the other Shadowy Supplier's options aside from alchemy mats (and unwanted potions) is oddly low, especially since no one wants the non-furnishing items from this passive skill anyway. Sithis gear clogs up many an inventory.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm also farming for the Light and Shadow. I've gotten 2 of those and about 5 of the candles.

I've got a bazillion unmarked sacs which promptly get destroyed and tons of stealth and escape potions.

I really wish the furniture would drop more often. This grind to get a few skull candles for my house is getting dumb. Months I've been doing it and only got 2. I was doing it on 4 characters but just got discouraged and bored with the junk, I'm only doing one now.

Edited by Katahdin on November 15, 2017 6:20PM
    Beta tester November 2013
  • IwakuraLain42
    IwakuraLain42
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Given that it's not tradeable (BoP) I think it's time for a new item to be swapped in for DB furnishing for Remains-Silent.

Are you sure, because the candles are tradable (I've gifted away a few of these to friends) ?
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Given that it's not tradeable (BoP) I think it's time for a new item to be swapped in for DB furnishing for Remains-Silent.

Are you sure, because the candles are tradable (I've gifted away a few of these to friends) ?

Yep. Another strange thing about these furnishings from the Shadowy Supplier is that the Blood is BoP, the skull/candle is trade-able. So strange. Never got confirmation whether this was intended or now, either.
  • POps75p
    POps75p
    ✭✭✭✭
    I get so much of the poison blood crap, can even sell it, useless. give me something I can use
  • Sticky_Paws
    Sticky_Paws
    ✭✭✭

What platform/server maybe you could sell a few to this khajiit with faulty RNG ?
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

What platform/server maybe you could sell a few to this khajiit with faulty RNG ?

Sorry, they're BoP - unlike some of the other items. I want the alchemy mats, so nowadays I only get potions/alchemy mats/vials of blood.
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never ever got a single piece of furniture from her yet! Is there some other passive or some trick to it? Or did you do it on multiple characters or something?

Ah nevermind, reread the post - you do it with 9 characters. I only do it on 1.
    Edited by Artis on August 12, 2017 9:11PM
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Artis wrote: »
    I never ever got a single piece of furniture from her yet! Is there some other passive or some trick to it? Or did you do it on multiple characters or something?

Ah nevermind, reread the post - you do it with 9 characters. I only do it on 1.

I only do it on two characters and have 3 poisoned blood, 3 hearts, and 5 or 6 lights.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    POps75p wrote: »
    I get so much of the poison blood crap, can even sell it, useless. give me something I can use

Yeah, adding furnishings to the rewards was really weak.
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to second what @LMar posted. The possible furniture item is tied to the choice you make. Selecting the second option can give you the non-binding blue Candles of Silence to sell.
  • POps75p
    POps75p
    ✭✭✭✭
    just don't have them give us anything that not useable in the game (or only as a furniture item) they should be for things to use in battle
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    so_much_poisoned_blood.png

As I predicted this poisoned blood is getting out of hand. Compared the initial image to the newest one.

I emphasize this is not even all the poisoned blood I have, just that particular house's.

It's nice that the mats and the furniture are now simultaneously rewarded by the Shadowy Supplier, but it'd be nice to get a new item added to the loot table rather than all this blood.

It's also still weird that some Supplier chat options grant BoE and others BoP furniture items. Please reassess how this works.
  • SisterGoat
    SisterGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good Lord. I haven't gotten any furnishings from her yet, but I've only one character so far that has the passive.
    Jumps-In-Water - Magicka Templar
    Dar'akar - Stamina Nightblade
    Jumps-In-Lava - Magicka Dragon Knight
    PC/NA
  • manavortex
    manavortex
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm doing this for weeks (okay, with two characters now, but every day since CC release), and I didn't get a single poisoned blood so far.
    Are you by chance selling on EU?
    Stop Zanil Theran's sinister plot to exterminate bank space! Give ESO+ subscribers a virtual Furniture Bag!
  • Almariel
    Almariel
    ✭✭✭
    You could have some of mine, @manavortex , but sadly those are bound.
    @Sevryiel - daheim auf dem PC-EU Server
  • manavortex
    manavortex
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh - great. :| Thank you, will loot more then.
    Stop Zanil Theran's sinister plot to exterminate bank space! Give ESO+ subscribers a virtual Furniture Bag!
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    manavortex wrote: »
    I'm doing this for weeks (okay, with two characters now, but every day since CC release), and I didn't get a single poisoned blood so far.
    Are you by chance selling on EU?

Yeah, I wish I could even just give some away, but it seems it'll just keep accumulating. At least it's gotten to the point where it visually looks like someone deranged is up to something terrible.
  • OmniDo
    OmniDo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so_much_poisoned_blood.png

As I predicted this poisoned blood is getting out of hand.
    RNGesus must love you, because I speak with Remains-Silent with 8 characters on a daily basis, and I have a grand total of 2 poisoned blood furnishings that have ever dropped for me.

• Sticky_Paws
    Sticky_Paws
    ✭✭✭
    It really would be nice if the blood dropped a few times over here, although, I've never seen the heart either and only have one of each light.
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I also only have one of each light. Though that's entirely due to my wanting the alchemy mats and not the rewards you get from the options that give the light or the hearts.

The amount of blood I have is due to assiduously parking my characters next to a shadowy supplier (all 14 toons) so that when I log them in for hirelings they can get their alchemy mats, too. I view it as sort of a alchemy hireling.

Do that pretty much 14 times a day and you're bound to end up with what you see above. I assure you I'm not the only one who does this - anyone who's been at endgame for a long time will want Shadow Rider on every character from the DB skill line anyway/

• alu-fleurb16_ESO
    alu-fleurb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    im visiting "Remains-silent" each and every day with two chars from the very beginning of her existence and she was generous enough with the furniture stuff BUT since release of CWC she refuses to give anything exept from the regular stuff.
    its so annoying cause i really need some more skulls (with candles on it) for my vampire lair...

pleeease @ZOS_GinaBruno could u motivate the good argonian??