Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Total loss of Characters from ESOTU

pw1f
pw1f
This is not the first, or second time; its the third...has occurred due to patching, or some other cause: Latest is used Alt F4; this was an issue and supposed to be fixed by Bethesda!
So back to start creation of new character. Having invested £383.82 on crowns alone (purchased directly form Steam, so does not include previously bought from ESO Store), and £46.89 for ESOTU Ultimate Imperial and further £49.99 for Morrowind: All lost; the crowns investment and the time to level 50 and further 290 champions points. Plus the current Mayhem campaign of level 8(corporal 2nd class?) and points earned.

So why is there no secure(non-tampering) file containing characters and progression: particularly as one exists for auto logon; allowing access to account and Store purchases.

Sure some time previous the answer was cannot recover and just start again...fine then return the value of the Crowns investments at the very least.

By UK Consumer Law Steam as the Retailer is directly responsible for the suitability and fit for purpose: So don't inform me to contact ESO support: It dosen't accept either the ID or the password. Yes have changed it, so I know!
  • sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dude make sure you logged into right server NA/EU before starting to rant.
  • pw1f
    pw1f
    Doesn't give that option any more with the Morrowind DLC
  • sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just checked it - still selecting NA/EU so no idea what you are talking about. Just check which server you have.
  • pw1f
    pw1f
    How's this: Just logged-in to PTS and what...with the last patch and trial for upcoming new additions lost previous character and had to start afresh: No big deal; after all given 5500 crowns that are perpetually replace, in time. But loe and behold there's missing characters from other server; at a lower level and less champions points...
  • pw1f
    pw1f
    Not for me; use to have 'Elder Scrolls Online(eu)' under was the PTS: Now however for Title "The Elder Scrolls Online Morrowind" is the Caption and the options are 'Elder Scrolls Online' and PTS since the patch and DLC update; as being able to play from 22May17 and general release 06June17: Whether that may be so or not?
  • pw1f
    pw1f
    Okay Who's the Idiot; had no idea the left column menu had function, and not solely display info: Click-on server; there it was and back to normal.

Thanks 'sadownik' owe you one! One what?
  • BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In addition... the PTS gets wiped each testing period. That's intentional. Never, ever spend anything permanent (like real money) on the PTS, and know that any characters on the PTS will be wiped within a month or two. Just in case that's where you've been throwing your progression.
    Living vicariously through my characters.

My Girls:
    "If you were trapped in your house for, say, a year, how would you pass the time?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "I suppose I could use the break. I have a lot of business holdings now that need management."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "I think that I would enjoy writing a memoir."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "Would this one be able to go outside, to the nearby river? It's hard to fish without water!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "Who is forcing me to stay inside, and where can I find them?"
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "And why would I want to go outside in the first place? Too much to be done in the workshop."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton master thief: "I'd go nuts. Lucky for me, I have a little experience sneaking out!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "I would continue my training to keep my skills sharp."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "I suppose it would be lucky, then, that I built a shrine to Mephala in my backyard."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hate being inside even when I'm not forced to be. GET. ME. OUT."
    Madam Argentia, vampire dunmer aristocrat: "I suppose it would be more of the same. I have a rather... contentious relationship with the sun."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'd have to house train my bear..."
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "What Lorelai said."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one would like a rest from her grand adventures. Her jewel shop runs out of stock!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "Provided that I am confined to Artaeum, I do not think I will want for things to occupy my time."
    Shauna Blackfire, redguard necromancer: "Sounds like paradise. I hate people."
    Kirniel the Undying, cursed bosmer warrior: "I would feel useless, not being able to fight."
    Echoes-from-Dragons, argonian who thinks she's a dragon: "All the better to count my hoard!"

(Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also the PTS is completely and utterly voluntarily and not any part of your purchased product or service.
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?