The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Silver leash

Ultiscrub Gaming
Why was silver leash changed to pulling you to them instead of pulling the person to you. I really miss the days of ganking zergers after pulling them away from the zerg.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Probably to give dk something unique
  • klowdy1
    klowdy1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Homogenization is the name of the game with ESO. There isn't anything THAT unique, and weapon skills pretty much kill all diversity with stam classes. The ability morphs need to be changed to be half and half mag/stam for around 90% of the abilities to move away from using the same abilities despite the class just because you wanted to be melee.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Trust me you aren't missing out. Height issues, and auto cc immunity makes it skill useless.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This skill is buggy as all hell, hard to use and nearly useless
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's just hard to justify using it. As is it has nothing very special to offer.

2h had crit rush which is more reliable
    Bow has dodge roll to gain increase speed
    1h has invasion which imo is the best gap closer in the game
    Dual weild has cloak which gives increased speed

Unless your running a magicka build I don't see why you wouldn't have alternatives. And even so if you were a magicka build you probably wouldn't be using fighters guild skills.

I think to improve the quality of life it should instead shoot out bolt that anchors the enemy to the ground. This gives stamina toons access to a spammable root.
    PvP needs more love.
  • Ultiscrub Gaming
    "BuildMan wrote: »
    I think to improve the quality of life it should instead shoot out bolt that anchors the enemy to the ground. This gives stamina toons access to a spammable root.
    Like the way it used to work because I could pull zerglings out and gank them now the only way to do that is with a warden

• Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like the way it used to work because I could pull zerglings out and gank them now the only way to do that is with a warden

What are you talking about? I didn't say anything about reverting it back to being a pull? I said it should be a root?

Also I run warden so I don't use it regardless xD
    PvP needs more love.
  • Ultiscrub Gaming
    BuildMan wrote: »

What are you talking about? I didn't say anything about reverting it back to being a pull? I said it should be a root?

Also I run warden so I don't use it regardless xD

Im sorry been working my but off just kinda didn’t read what you wrote last time. What im talking about is this game enclurages very large group play with no way to counter it as a solo player or a small group other than vicious death and even then there are aoe caps. Before you could pull them out of there large group and kill them now you have to go in as a gank blade but you usualy kill 1-4 then get killed by gap closer spam because there is 30-80 people in the group, its dumb and before you say oh thats how its suppse to be played, stop no its not its no fun that way for any body
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Leash is buggy as hell, does little to no dmg and is just a single target... however I do love the concept for the skill

You can fire it, apply some knockback (like magnum's) an then use the pull.
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • SirMewser
    SirMewser
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why was silver leash changed to pulling you to them instead of pulling the person to you. I really miss the days of ganking zergers after pulling them away from the zerg.

I too love the concept of the skill.
    I do miss using it to pull, leaves for some kinky role-play with Ultiscrub Gaming. ;)
    They didn't call it a leash for no reason... At the time.
    Edited by SirMewser on October 18, 2017 11:41PM
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You mean to make DKs easily the best tanks?
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Runefang wrote: »

You mean to make DKs easily the best tanks?

I actually meant what I said but if you want to put it that way I won't complain. I'm fine with different classes shining in different roles as long as they aren't completely and utterly useless in anything. But some people seem to like the idea that everything should perform at the exact same level as some kind of balance. But however, unique class feeling is already dead.
  • Sejha
    Sejha
    ✭✭
    DK has been underperforming for ages since they changed the pull the first time because they thought it was too strong. The other nerfs overall made the class feel lackluster at best and boring at worst.
    Give werewolves a taunt. Let us do what we were made for.
  • Toast_STS
    Toast_STS
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can swap weapons while you gap close with this skill. It's the only nice thing I can say about silver leash
    VR14 DK Leaps-in-keeps
  • ZeroXFF
    ZeroXFF
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They wanted only DKs to be viable tanks.