The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Favourite battlegrounds game mode?

akl77
akl77
✭✭✭✭✭
Correction, domination not dominion.

Also, what did you get queued up the most?

Edited by akl77 on July 28, 2017 5:51AM
Pc na

Favourite battlegrounds game mode? 95 votes

Death match
45%
SolarikenMurderMostFoulVynnSvenjaIruil_ESOmodarettoDatoliteMalmaiChufuCouslyAbsalonkip_silverwolfBashevKartalinMojomonkeymanMissBizzHeathenDeaconGhettokidSkinzzSirGabenOfSteamia 43 votes
Dominion
22%
JWillCHSArtisJitterbugValen_ByteSheezabeastVanzenTaleof2CitiesRagnaroek93ApheriusDarkMatter909Stiltzakl77rhapsodiousSylosiEnslavedMarbleQuicheSqueaky_CleanOlupajmibananTheStealthDudeRosieTheRadiant 21 votes
Capture the flag
16%
SoleyadriosketchKhenarthiedopeyleandro.800ub17_ESOMagdalinatheroyalestpythonnub18_ESOkimaerilAhPook_Is_HereVelvelyamisfitmanicTasearKeiruNicromRapidUrsaButterbeansThogard 16 votes
None
12%
DeadlyReclusedennissomb16_ESOLivvyLinaleahThrymbauldCillion3117meekeyceef0dderVipstaakkimax_onlyplaysforfungepe87 12 votes
Other
3%
br0steendamarkyTucker3711 3 votes
  • SirGabenOfSteamia
    SirGabenOfSteamia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Death match
    Easy score for easy title
    And so, Akatosh revealed himself to a young Gaben, and granted him purpose.
    "Grant them Steam sales," he commanded.
    And obey, he did.
  • BraidasNM
    BraidasNM
    ✭✭✭✭
    Death match
    the one where people actlly fight each other
    Youtube

"I like to think of myself as the good cop and braidas as the bad cop. Hes the little devil on DC's shoulder, im the angel" -Subtomik
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dominion
    I like dominion because it's the only mode where you can actually win premades.

I hate it that some people queue like that and ruin fun for everyone else, but in Dominion they are actually punished for that. If they run together - you can control more flags because they move between them rather slowly. If they split - then there's nothing left of their premadeness and it all comes to individual skill and here sometimes randoms like myself can win some fights and def/cap a flag.

Since we're talking about modes, I think I'll add that I don't like capture the relic at all. It doesn't work that well with 3 teams, the spots are very close to each other, and that seems to be the worst mode to play if you queue solo: so many people just don't seem to get it. They don't grab the relic of the winning team that has 1-2 relics to go and is already carrying them, etc.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None
    I'm waiting for "deliver the payload" :smiley:

Deathmatch is at least easy to understand, the other two modes really depend on the attitude of your team. Some people are there to kill kill kill and some are there to actually win by strategy.

All in all I like BGs when I thought I would hate it. It's short little bursts of stress free carnage that remind me of my Orange Box days. Or maybe it's stress free for me because most of the time my team is within 10-15 points of winning so i feel like it was a good game, fairly won. I wish they never allow premades in, unless they are going to add voice chat as an ESO feature on pc. It doesn't seem fair that soon the only way to win will be to coordinate armor, buffs, and voice chat with 3 other people or gtfo.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Cously
    Cously
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Death match
    I like Deathmatch. Mainly because I find very complicated to focus on objectives and attack/defend at same time. It feels more like a stress than anything. Deathmatch is plain simple, kill or be killed and the tactic is centered around teamwork. It's less complicated but not entirely dumbed down so more my cup of tea. I can't wait for Chaos Ball tough, I was a huge fan of Huttball in SWTOR and I hope will be the same here.
  • akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dominion
    I like domination the most, cos it's like hide and seek, you just go where there're no people looking. Easy high score while others fighting each other.

But I get queued up for capture the flag all the time, what is wrong with your queue ZOS??
    Pc na
  • KeiruNicrom
    KeiruNicrom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Capture the flag
    Like capture the relic the most. There is a strategy to it that most dont understand. Two teams are fighting over one relic? Go get the other one. Need to keep a team from winning? Grab their relic and run like a bantum guar that had too much moonsugar
  • BraidasNM
    BraidasNM
    ✭✭✭✭
    Death match
    Like capture the relic the most. There is a strategy to it that most dont understand. Two teams are fighting over one relic? Go get the other one. Need to keep a team from winning? Grab their relic and run like a bantum guar that had too much moonsugar

heres a strat for you: 2 teams are pvping? well *** that let me pop an immov pot, shield wall, and run across the map at full speed in med cause no one can stop me from picking it up. such strategy, much wow
    Edited by BraidasNM on July 28, 2017 6:13AM
    Youtube

"I like to think of myself as the good cop and braidas as the bad cop. Hes the little devil on DC's shoulder, im the angel" -Subtomik
  • Chufu
    Chufu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Death match
    I like all the modes, but atm is Deathmatch the best when you come home from work. You don't want to think about strategy then, just kill players.

I am really excited about the new "Chaosball" game mode!
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Death match
    I love it.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Capture the flag
    BraidasNM wrote: »

heres a strat for you: 2 teams are pvping? well *** that let me pop an immov pot, shield wall, and run across the map at full speed in med cause no one can stop me from picking it up. such strategy, much wow

Maybe other 2 teams shouldn't have been PvPing without having picked up the enemies' relics first. Full speed or not, you are't capturing enemy relic if your own is missing.

I voted the relic for the semblance of strategy as well. It's also one mode where one person can make biggest difference sometimes. It can be very frustrating if other team members don't understand the point or flatout refuse to play it though.
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Death match
    Most people prefer death match. We need to be able to choose. The others can be enjoyable on occasion.
  • ParaNostram
    ParaNostram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Death match
    It's a fun bit of madness. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a good capture the flag or domination match as well but usually I hope for death match.
    "Your mistake is you begged for your life, not for mercy. I will show you there are many fates worse than death."

Para Nostram
    Bosmer Sorceress
    Witch of Evermore

"Death is a privilege that can be denied by it's learned scholars."
    Order of the Black Worm
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Capture the flag
    Since chaos ball isn't out. I like capture the relic since involves actual teamwork. o:)
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dominion
    I'm not a big fan of deathmatch because if you get put against a team of "experienced" PVPers when you're average it's a pubstomp. And it's just... not fun when it's 400-60-30. When you get three fairly even teams, though, it's a blast.

Capture the Relic is my favorite conceptually (I love running, I love backroom kitties, I love going up top in VHOF...) but it's awful when you're with a team who's trying to play deathmatch. Or when someone decides to be a pissbaby and just run around in circles with a relic instead of trying to capture it when they totally can - c'mon. Don't do that.

Domination is the most pug-friendly and it's awesome getting those people who think it's deathmatch to fight each other while I play the objective. o:)
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dominion
    I dislike capture the relic a lot.
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Death match
    There is no such game mode as 'dominion'. For the record.
  • DarkMatter909
    DarkMatter909
    ✭✭✭
    Dominion
    I don't usually enjoy domination but in eso I have have had the most fun when playing this game mode.
    There are other worlds than these.
  • Soleya
    Soleya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Capture the flag
    I voted CTF, but I have to be honest, I haven't really played the other modes. 1 Deathmatch (back during pre release), 2 domination and 20+ CTF games.

The 2 domination matches I played I didn't enjoy at all.

Also, I've never played anything other than CTF on below 50/non vet. And non-vet is the only fun I have in PVP.
  • Dakmor_Kavu
    Dakmor_Kavu
    ✭✭✭
    Death match
    I voted for death match only because "anything but the torture that is capture the relic" wasnt an option. By far the least enjoyable mode. Got to love when all 3 teams have someone else's relic and everyone waits to see which 2 teams will actually fight so the third can come in and get easy kills and an easy cap
    Edited by Dakmor_Kavu on July 31, 2017 3:57PM
  • Ghettokid
    Ghettokid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Death match
    Capture the flag is too easy. Domination is too hard. Deathmatch is fun.
  • bubbygink
    bubbygink
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Death match
    Deathmatch is my favorite but Domination is a close second and may actually be the most balanced game mode. CTR is growing on me, especially as people are starting to learn the strategy, but it is still behind DM and Dom for me. I have to add in my obligatory complaint that I haven't had hardly any experience in BGs with premades because the group queue is STILL broken. Some game modes, like CTR, would probably be a lot more fun with a premade team.
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Magdalina wrote: »

Maybe other 2 teams shouldn't have been PvPing without having picked up the enemies' relics first. Full speed or not, you are't capturing enemy relic if your own is missing.

I voted the relic for the semblance of strategy as well. It's also one mode where one person can make biggest difference sometimes. It can be very frustrating if other team members don't understand the point or flatout refuse to play it though.

I don't want to chase a relic, I want to PVP. To me, PVP means using your abilities to try to kill other players. This is why I don't enjoy BGs.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Death match
    We asked for years for small scale battlegrounds where we could fight even numbers. But then they give us game modes where you do better in that game when you avoid fighting players (to a degree). And we don't get a choice in what game type we end up in either.

I like battlegrounds so far but there's definitely room for improvement. I'd like to be able to queue for a specific game type of course, but I'd also like for it to match premades with other premades, and random groups versus random groups. That would provide premades with more of a challenge and give random groups more of a chance. It'd also be nice to select specific teams to play against for inter- and intra-guild fun.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Capture the flag

You say that, but that was one of my favorite things to do, light armor templar by the way. You pop the potion after you grab the relic or just before. And this only works because most teams leave their relic unguarded with all 4 run to the same enemy relic. 2-3 hard dps staying behind could take a single runner down. Also can be countered by someone grabbing their relic first.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Death match
    They're all great though
  • HeathenDeacon
    HeathenDeacon
    ✭✭✭
    Death match
    i think it says it all that more than one poster says they like DOM b/c it allows them to avoid fighting... no disrespect but how many pvp games would ever sell a single copy if their main selling point was "the PVP game that allows you to never have to fight!"

-whatever floats your boat... fine, but bottom line is BGs have gone from the reason i wanted to log into ESO every day to the reason i don't want to log into ESO every day because i am forced to play game modes i don't like to get to the ones i do.

the announcement of BGs were the main reason i started playing again earlier this year.
    IF ZOS won't let us choose our own game modes than they might just end up losing players that just came back for small scale pvp.
    Edited by HeathenDeacon on August 2, 2017 1:46AM
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dominion
    CTF is borderline boring to me.
    The other two are equally fun.