The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

VMA MAG DK Help

PokeMaule
PokeMaule
✭✭
Hi all,
I'm looking for a bit of help with my mag DK to make VMA easier.
First off I have competed on my stam and mag sorc both pet and non pet build, hell I have even completed it with my DK tank.
That said i have found getting the complete awful with my mag DK. I know spawns etc and actually complete for fun on my other toons but cannot get the final round done on my mag DK.
I've had the boss down under 10% so I know it will happen but I am looking some help with my build so I can continue doing vma runs after the first complete. I have heard about running D/W on back bar and that this is better for VMA any advice on this would be great.
I am happy to use a gear change for VMA but I don't want to completely change my build as I enjoy it in dungeons and trials etc.

Running 5 silks of the sun
Grothdar/Illambris/Valkyn Skoria monster set
and various 4 pieces of jewellery/staff combos (infall, mothers sorrow, spinners you name it have tried it)

Oh I run 2 flame staffs as sick to death of shock. Should I use shock?

Thanks in advance
Binyar-Tun Argonian DK Tank Ebonheart Pact. CP610 Hist Shadow
Ra' Zanir - Kajiit Mag NB DPS Aldmeri Dominion. CP610
Quasan Al Hallin - Redguard Stam Sorc DPS Daggerfall Covenant. CP610 Stormproof
Seyrena Althranis - Dunmer Magicka Sorc DPS Ebonheart Pact. CP610 Clockwork Confounder

XBONE GT - PokeMaule
Guildmaster - Unexpected Heroes
Member - Venom - Morrowind Academy - Tamriel BaseCamp

• DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just use a lit staff heavy attack set up. Julianos + 4 aether or moon and Grothdarr. If you have a sharp vMA lit staff drop the 4 aether down to 3. It's much easier than going on a flame build and you'll always have near full resources. If no vMA staff have a spare lit staff with Prismatic on it for the daedric rounds. Actually does pretty good damage and you'll kill all the normal trash in one heavy with blockade.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Setup I use:

5 Spinner
    4 Inallible Aether: 3 Jewels and one Charged Lightning Staff with shockdamage enchant (the charged trait with shockdamage enchant is very important for this setup)
    1 vma/random lihgntingstaff on backbar (preferable sharpened)
    2 Illambris

On my backbar I´m using lightningwall. When I go to my frontbar and heavyattack I have a chance to set the target off-balance. When the target is off-balanced I proc powerlash (flamelash, the lifesteal morph of whip). When powerlash procs you deal more dmg and gets healed. And powerlash do not cost anything.

If you want a more detailed version check out this build here (that´s where I got it from)
    http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/masels-elemental-fury-pve-dps-dk-build-1t-ready/