The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Error 200 Login Failed

ChirpingBird
ChirpingBird
✭✭
I am currently unable to login for no good reason. Seems most others are not having this problem, but a few guildies are also experiencing the error. I get "Could not retrieve announcements" in the announcements section of the login page.
  • GamingLass
    I am getting it as well along with Error 108. We got kicked off numerous times July 27 and can't log in today, July 28. ESO has been added since day one practically to my firewall as trusted. Saw on Facebook many others ARE getting kicked and having log in errors as well.
  • leandro.800ub17_ESO
    leandro.800ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    For me Could not retrieve announcements stays for about 1m and then the announcements appear, then it stays in Trying to log in for about 20s and gets back out to sometimes Error Login or again Could not retrieve announcements
  • GamingLass
    Mine also cannot retrieve announcements for a little bit and then it retrieves them but will not let me log in. I did a speed test for my ISP and had a ping in less than 1ms ... Download was over 5 mbs ... Upload was over 1 mbs. Checked around forum, speed for ISP was stated not usually an issue for online games as online games don't require huge amounts of bandwidth. Either way - this only became an issue for me after their Morrowind update and the last most recent update.
  • Shamus44
    Shamus44
    ✭✭
    For me Could not retrieve announcements stays for about 1m and then the announcements appear, then it stays in Trying to log in for about 20s and gets back out to sometimes Error Login or again Could not retrieve announcements

Same. PC/NA, steam client

• jolinar83ub17_ESO
    I have been getting the same things, randomly it will let me in other times get either error 200 or the error 108 I have contacted support and they are being complete morons! Giving me stuff about graphics card even though I specially said I have my Nvidia card set as default (which plays the game just fine at MAX settings) now pretty much an auto response with *** about oh make acceptations in your antivirus and firewall (which I told them I DID in the very first message, even though I NEVER had to before) as well as this bs: "If the servers are currently online, you should ensure the following ports are forwarded on your modem or router:
    TCP / UDP Ports 24100 through 24131
    TCP / UDP Ports 24500 through 24507
    TCP / UDP Ports 24300 through 24331
    TCP Port 80
    TCP Port 433"

Yeah HELLO nothing with my modem or router has changed it's YOU guys having a problem!
    Edited by jolinar83ub17_ESO on July 28, 2017 6:55PM
  • Xiphyla
    Xiphyla
    ✭✭✭
    I kept having the same issue with error like 108 and 200 and couldnt retrieve announcements.
    AD : DiE (Inactive)
    DC : K-hole (Inactive)
    EP : ZDM (Inactive)

Await4camelotunchained.

• jolinar83ub17_ESO
    Well we do have this post now: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/362924/recent-issues-with-na-megaserver/p1 So yeah not on us as support kept trying to say to me :P
  • GamingLass
    Well we do have this post now: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/362924/recent-issues-with-na-megaserver/p1 So yeah not on us as support kept trying to say to me :P

Thank you very much for the info! Greatly appreciated. I can stop searching for ports, antivirus issues, and the likes. It isn't us. It's disgruntled people ruining the game for everyone else....so it seems.
  • ChirpingBird
    ChirpingBird
    ✭✭

Yus, thanks jolinar - so difficult to find useful information in these forums. Your post here is much appreciated.
  • ChirpingBird
    ChirpingBird
    ✭✭
    Just want to note that I'm still getting this error.
  • m12d12_ESO
    m12d12_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Alot of people on th NA server have been affected by some sort of hack. I am so angry i havent hardly been able to play the better part of the event. Or even get on to check or clear mail. Again today, I have not been able to log in AT ALL. Its almost 9p here and another day has passed and nothing positive happening on my account.

No direct email to customer support to have an actual converstion with. No answer on their phones. I have reported and reported - no direct human interaction.

If large MMOs and other businesses can offer some form of "communication "not general forum info", to their clients, why can't we not get the same courtesy here?

Most small businesses on a shoe-string budget have some form of personal communications with their people...In fact i dont know of any that doesn't.

Edited by m12d12_ESO on July 31, 2017 1:00AM
    Accts
    mdzone5 cp 1051
    fragtaster cp 684
    lilly65 cp 652
    Almalexia 212
  • m12d12_ESO
    m12d12_ESO
    ✭✭✭

[jolinar83ub17_ESO wrote: »
    Well we do have this post now: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/362924/recent-issues-with-na-megaserver/p1 So yeah not on us as support kept trying to say to me :P{]

[Yus, thanks jolinar - so difficult to find useful information in these forums. Your post here is much appreciated.]

You Are right and it shouldn't be. We deserve better customer support than we get. After all without the people, there would be no game..
    Accts
    mdzone5 cp 1051
    fragtaster cp 684
    lilly65 cp 652
    Almalexia 212
  • jolinar83ub17_ESO
    Indeed when I found Gina's post I actually sent another reply to support on my ticket telling them about it and linking them to that post to inform them and got a reply back thanking me for letting THEM know. Clearly there needs to be some better communications within their team so support can be better informed about things that are going on.
  • VycDarkshadow
    VycDarkshadow
    ✭✭✭
    There's a lot of things ZOS knows that they can't (or aren't allowed to) comment on. Sometimes you have to read between the lines, ignoring WHAT is said, but HOW and WHY it is said the way it is said.

This DDOS issue is one of those. They know what's going on, but can't tell us too much, because the people DDOSing them could be reading too, and could find another way around their defenses. Since ZOS may not have a way of knowing who is safe to talk to, among us, they have to be vague, even "play dumb" with all of us.
    Vyc Ðarkshådøw
  • GamingLass
    Anyone try changing the DNS to get around the DDoS? Not always successful but worth a try.
  • abigfishy
    abigfishy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right now it is taking me up to 20 attempts to log in and when I change zones I get logged out again. Error 200. It was perfectly fine two hours ago and for the previous three years so please do not say it is my computer. PC-EU.
    Edited by abigfishy on August 3, 2017 10:08AM
    Level 50 Characters
    USA
    Odette Skullcrusher Nord DK EP Tank
    Hannah Smithee Breton Templar DC Healer
    Charlotte of the Wild Bosmer NB EP DPS
    Rabbath Amman Dark Elf Sorc EP DPS
    Lovely Twinkle High Elf Sorc AD Tank
    Nepith Dark Elf Warden EP Healer
    Tupac Shakoor Redguard Sorc DC Tank
    Faire the Last Snow Elf Altmer Warden EP Ice Staff Tank
    EU